• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

How is "countless" universes statement treated in this wiki?

How does this wiki treat "countless universes" statement for 2-B rating? Is it treated as an unfathomably high number of universes that isn't quite infinite but a lot higher than any finite number someone could think of? Or does this wiki give sort of a fixed number or range for them?

Let's say a countless universe 2-B fights a googolplex universe 2-B. Do the countless universe 2-B hold the AP advantage?

Let's say two countless universe 2-B from different verses fight. Both verses have verified countless universe cosmology. The wiki and in universe statements and feats from both verses say they can destroy countless amounts of universes. Do the wiki treat them as equals in AP?

Yeah i'm pretty sure it is higher than any finite number, even a graham's number 2-B would lose since it's number is defined

The two countless would be equal, though i think the "model" they follow might make one more countless than the other, i am not sure on that

The word "countless" is relative to what the person who stated the word decided is too much for them to count or comprehend. The word means "too many to be counted; very many", but there is no objective perception of what "too many" and "very" are. Your idea of a multiverse with "countless" universes is the amount it should have if it has alternate timelines for every miniscule potential difference in outcome, or the amount it should have if it is "countless" years old and the universes gradually kept multiplying every Earth day, but the word isn't exclusively used in those senses. If there is solely a statement of the multiverse having countless universes, then the case may simply be that the multiverse has 500 universes, and the character who made the statement was observing the universes externally but doesn't have the vision to see more than a visually overwhelming amount of the universes as far as the eye can see. If the author made the statement, then we can't estimate what that person's perception of "too many" or "very" are without more information. Words like this should be analyzed case-by-case. If there is other information that can help the idea of a multiverse being 2-B, then "countless" could be meant in the sense you mean it in.

As for comparing your idea of "countless" universes to a googolplex of universes, it depends on the scope of "countless" even in this case. In my examples of a multiverse with alternate timelines for every miniscule potential difference in outcome and an old multiverse that had gradually multiplying universes every Earth day, they are bigger than a multiverse with a googolplex of universes. The number googolplex is a static number, while the interpretations of "countless" that I wrote about quantitatively go on forever. Even in the case where causality reaches an end in the primary universe in a multiverse with alternate timelines, thus not literally going on forever, the number of alternate timelines that multiverse should have is too big for humanity to calculate and clearly comprehend even without naming numbers. Observing one basic animal this way pretty much creates an overwhelming growing branch of outcomes throughout its lifetime that would take way too long to explain. Meanwhile, the number googolplex written in standard numerical form can fit on my screen at a normal font size.

It's pretty much what others said, it's still finite, but a huge number than cannot properly be counted. Saying millions or billions or trillions is lowballing it. Some others have context where it consists of a multiverse that basically just expands endlessly and thus the number of universes is always approaching infinity at a fairly rapid rate. Which those are considerably the strongest 2-B feats, though it never quite reaches infinite and thus still 2-B.

Back