• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

How fast is book reading speed

Celestial_Pegasus

VS Battles
Administrator
If a character reads a book with a certain amount of pages in like a few seconds, how do i find how fast that is?

For example an average person can read 100 pages in like 2.8 hours, if a character reads those 100 pages in 3 seconds, how fast is this?

Just curious cause a feat like that happened in a series i am reading, was trying to find if someone has ever calc reading speed, but couldn't find anything.

You can read decently way faster reading technique (sometimes at the cost of full comprehension). However, via sheer speed, I suppose you could say they have accelerated perception, IF that case then they are reading and perceiving words about 3360 times faster. In terms of reactions, this would equate to 0.0000595238 s (59.5238 Microseconds which is high hypersonic perception according to the reactions page and only 1 microsecond away from high hypersonic+). Or at least that'd be my take on it taking it at face value.

The character not only read those 100 pages, she understood it and provided feedback, not to mention signing her name on each page, so probably not just reaction speed.

You could probably just scale her to high hypersonic plainly then (Mach 49.40), specially since she moved and all that.

Otherwise the rest is unquantifiable as far as I know. Signing would maybe be quantifiable but we don’t actually have a good timeframe since she could have spent the majority of the time reading and less than a second signing or vice versa.

Tl;DR: It might be best to go off perception speed and assume she is comparable.

Cool, mind giving me the formula, so i can just post it in a blog later when i ready to make the profiles?

This was the feat btw

Fate slowly picks up the materials placed in front of her, and with the eyes of the senators focused on her, she slightly lifts the stack of paper, which must have been composed of a hundred sheets, with one hand and releases her grip.
The material that fell from Fate’s hand mysteriously returns to the table, dropped straight down on the table, without a single piece of paper disrupted from its order.
[…I give my approval for the 4th, 9th, 13th, 25th, 41st, from number 52 to 56, 76th, and 92nd request. God of Disasters, assign people to each respective places.]
[Hahh…]
[Other than that, I don’t feel that it is necessary for the Gods to participate. If they really want to invite the Gods that much, tell them to rework their proposals and submit it again… However, regarding #66 and #80, their outlines are too unrealistic. Tell them to review it from scratch.]
[…Y- Yes. Thank you very much. We will do as you will.]
Fate had looked over all the documents in the few seconds just now, and in response to the festivals that she would grant permission for, she pulled out a form and gave it to the high-ranking God, Shea.
Moreover, the forms were already signed by Fate and it was already completed as a document.-Chapter 266

Now i just have to figure out what creating a forest gives, and i would be good, but the characters have a clear Island level feat anyway, but idk if this would come close.

“…What in the world is this… The battle should have ended in a draw, but I felt like I lost really badly…”
Apparently, the fight between the two ended in a draw but, ahh, I see… Megiddo-san loves to fight strong opponents, regardless of whether he wins or loses.
In other words… Megiddo-san was very happy to fight a strong opponent, whereas Lillywood-san was very tired, as she doesn’t exactly like fighting.
[Hey, Kuro.]
[What is it?]
[Megiddo-san looks like a blazing fire before, and I have an image that Lillywood-san, who was the spirit of a tree, wouldn’t be a good match against him…]
[With Lillywood’s ability, those affinities don’t matter at all. Lillywood can even turn a horizon as far as the eye can see into a forest in an instant.]-Chapter 120

Lucifer Morningstar from DC used to have a feat of reading some billion years of history in a blink of an eye...before he got his 1A and Irrelevant stats....and the calc for the speed used to be 2nd fastest behind invisible dragon on this wiki.

Where did the 2.8 hours part come from? Somewhere sense (maybe I skipped over it but I don’t think so)

But anyway, you just do (2.8 hours * 60 * 60) so you get the time in seconds and then divide that by the three seconds it took compartivley.

So (2.8 hours * 60 * 60)/3 = 3360.

So her perception is 3360 times faster than an average human. Human perception is 0.2 seconds so you divide that by the 3360 in order to get her accelerated perception speed.

Which is the number I told you earlier, 0.0000595238 s.

To get that In Mach number I usually just get the massively hypersonic timeframe of 0.0000294 s and divide the reaction by it. So;

0.0000595238 s / 0.0000294 = 2.02461904762

That is how many times slower than mach 100 it is so just divide 100 by 2.02461904762 and you get Mach ~49.40

Hope that was of help. Not sure if you meant this by the equations used since it's not just one equation.

The forest feat doesn't come close to Island level with the method I know to calc that.

2.8 hours came from this.

If the forest calc doesn't close to Island level, then no point in trying to calc it, there are 2 other better feats, destroying everything in dozens of km which i think comes out to mountain level and then the other feat destroying a mountain range that is 5km high and 30km wide.

Thanks for help.

Back