• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

How fast could the composite human swing a sledgehammer?

GreyFang82

He/Him
How fast could the Composite Human swing a Sledgehammer? Also how hard would that swing be? Just curious is all, considering CH is as strong as those crazy strong lifters.

Probably in the superhuman range, I'm not really good at calcs, but if we take baseline normal human speed(5 m/s), and do 4 m/s(speed of sledgehammer) divided by the normal human speed, we get .8, so the sledgehammer takes away 20% of the person's speed when swung. The CP's attack speed is 19.67 m/s, and 80% of 19.67 is 15.736, so it would be superhuman speed for the swing. I could also be totally wrong and CP actually swings the hammer at their normal attack speed due to their strength, or I could have totally messed up the math. I have no idea how strong it would be, my guess is still wall level.

CH has Class 5 in lifting strength, so lifting a sledgehammer would be like lifting a baseball bat or something like that. CH should be able to swing a sledgehammer at mach 0.16 or 123.9 mph (The fastest baseball bat swing recorded).

Apparently the votes are between Superhuman range at ~16m/s and Subsonic range at ~53m/s, so why not take it a standard "Mach 0.1"? We do know for all it's worth that he's a 9-B crazy-ass soldier who could easily dispose of or cause serious injure to a man in full body armor on a single swing through sheer AP at that speed.

So we know now that Composite Human is... 9-C physically, 9-B on a sledgehammer and what weapon would he use in order to score higher within the 9-B range or maybe if possible be 9-A on something he can move around with? I'd bet he's able to wield a Barrett M82 while standing and roam around in an M1 Abrams or fly around with an F-15 Eagle . :v

Holy crap, this is insane.

And in Assassin's Creed, we have characters one-arming sledgehammers this fast. :)

What is the highest AP for a sledgehammer? I'd like a calc or something so we can get Composite Human to face off 9-B beings from the wiki more often. Anyone who is up to five times stronger can be killed.

Yeah, you didn't have to tell me twice. Swinging a sledgehammer at 100mph or something will still likely break or at least fracture those arms.

But Assassin's Creed gets away with one-arming sledgehammers for some reason, and its even canon because the story references it too much and combo moves are part of it.

Composite human? Probably like subsonic. Also that 9-B on the hammer itself is when being wirlded by 10-B/A humans.

KLOL506 said:
But Assassin's Creed gets away with one-arming sledgehammers for some reason, and its even canon because the story references it too much and combo moves are part of it.
Assassin's Creed isn't real life bro. If you're above adolescent age try swinging a sledgehammer at any speed and tell me how hard it is for you. These things are very powerful moving at those speeds.

You didn't get the sarcasm, did ya?

Obviously they're powerful, hence the video game mention.

I'd like to know how high into 9-B can Composite Human get with melee weapons so that we can use that as a reference. Maybe he can go all the way up to the several dozen thousand or even few hundred kilojoules and we don't know yet, and that could allow for matching him against pretty tough 9-B characters like pre-training Saitama, Koopa Troopa, etc.

Is it really just a bit above baseline 9-B? You know, a 10-B~10-A human can swing it at 9-B, so wouldn't it be much above baseline when swung by the strongest of humans?

I don't doubt it's many dozens or a few hundred thousand.

I doubt 99% of people could really crush an entire skull with a sledgehammer. Bullets find it hard to even penetrate some parts of the skull. A few dozens seems realistic to me.

Mand21 said:
Is it really just a bit above baseline 9-B? You know, a 10-B~10-A human can swing it at 9-B, so wouldn't it be much above baseline when swung by the strongest of humans?

I don't doubt it's many dozens or a few hundred thousand.
Is it said on the profile that a normal, 10-B human can become 9-B via a sledgehammer? If so that really isn't realistic.

Normal 10-B people have broken down walls with sledgehammer hits.

Normal bullets pale in comparison to the Mountain's skull-crushing feat. Two 950 JDJ rounds to the head and there'd be nothing left of it. Also, XING told me that you'd have to be at least 10-A to crush a skull with a sledgehammer.

Also, you're assuming this is not a full-powered overhead strike, which it is.

Not large walls. Again I doubt it would get more than a couple dozen thousand at most.

Yeah, because crushing a skull is much harder than that. JDJ is an extremely powerful weapon but even then, it probably wouldn't break the skull into numerous pieces. I don't he was right, CH would find it hard to crush a skull with a sledgehammer

No, I am.

Not weaker walls, strong ones too. Multiple strikes and that wall was done. .950 JDJ produces 52,000 joules and LordXCano's calc says that crushing the skull completely requires 100 kilojoules, if it is by shear strength it is 36 kilojoules. Mr. Bambu did it too and got low-end Wall level results.

Can you link me to this calculation? Multiple strikes obviously break anything. A good number of bullets find it hard to penetrate skulls. In case you didn't notice, the danger from bullets is usually from their penetration abilities.

I think you got my post wrong lol

Bambu'll post it later. Also that's barely above 100 kilojoules, it's 105, and that's for compressive strength. Shear strength requires much, much lower, as Xcano notes.

With their bare hands? No. But with a hammer? Shear strength is always a good alternative. Using Composite Human, however, makes this waaaaaaaaay too overkill.

Back