• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

How Does "The Almighty" Work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have recently seen many debates involving Yhwach, and many of them hinge on Yhwach's use of his ability "The Almighty". However, as I am not an avid reader of Bleach, I do not understand the nature of this ability. I have seen many different people express many different ideas on what The Almighty is and how it functions, and I can't help but get confused. Based off of what I've learned about Yhwach, it seems The Almighty is either:

1. An ability that allows Yhwach to see the future and control fate/possibilty itself to achieve his desired outcome he saw in the future.

or

2. An ability that allows Yhwach to see the future, place "traps" or "preparations" in the future, and use those traps/preparatoins to fulfill steps needed to achieve his desired outcome he saw in the future.

Or perhaps neither of these proposals are correct.

But in the case of the second proposal being true, couldn't that mean if a character is strong enough, he could overpower/tank any trap/preparation Yhwach could place and effectilvy render The Almighty useless? In other words, if Yhwach's foe is simply too powerful (durable, fast, strong), could that create a scenario where every possible future Yhwach sees leads him to an unavoidable death?

This question has probably been answered somewhere else. If so, it would be kind if someone would direct me to the answer.

The Bleach wiki states that the Almighty is a jutsu that allows the user to "transform" the future. Therefore it's not just setting up traps, the Almighty allows Yhwach to modify the future in any way he desires.

Hmmm...Are you sure? The Bleach wiki also states that "He utilizes this power by setting up traps where he knows his oppenents will be and attacking them before they can even begin their own attacks". It refrences Bleach chapters 677 and 678 where Yhwach appears to be doing just that. In 678 he breaks Ichigo's sword and pieces of it drop from Yhwach's plam as if he had just broken it with his bare hand. To me that looks like Yhwach was moving in the future and then returned back to the present. I feel that The Almighty doesn't allow Yhwach to manipulate the future in any way he desires, but simply manipulate it in any way that is possible for his present form to do.

It allows Yhwach to see a possible future and make this future reality in the present. It's very haxed, he can for instance find a future where he will be immune to a certain ability and make it the present.

However, by the very definition of the attack, he can only do this to possible futures, never impossible things. There are things that Yhwach can simply never do, and his Almighty wouldn't allow him to make them true. If Yhwach were to face an opponent significantly stronger or more haxed than himself, there would be no future where he'd win, and his Almighty wouldn't work

His attack is similar to King Crimson. He removes "cause" and keeps the "effect", though relating to possible futures. Yhwach's attack is dependent on his own stats and the things he can possible do.

For instance, one of Yhwach's demonstrations of his Almighty is punching Ichigo despite Orihime's barrier, because in a possible future he punched Ichigo, which allows him to make that future the present and punch Ichigo.

This wouldn't work against Goku, as Yhwach would never successfully punch him due to the gap in power and speed.

Another thing to note is that Yhwach never demonstrated to ability to affect more than the immediate future. All of the futures that he pull into the present involves things he does in the possible futures of the fights he has with his opponents.

Matthew Schroeder said:
This wouldn't work against Goku, as Yhwach would never successfully punch him due to the gap in power and speed.
So it's basically a really limited reality warping ability?

And how did Ichigo defeat Yhwach if Yhwach was using the Almighty? Yhwach is both faster and stronger than Ichigo IIRC.

So...if there is a possibility for Yhwach to win, he can win. Doesn't that mean if there is even a 0.000000000001% chance of Goku losing Yhwach could manifest that future and win?

What if he chooses a future where Goku has his guard down? He can't be on guard forever. Same thing with Ichigo's transformation, Yhwach concluded that to be a fearsome Bankai and same weapon killed him twice. But Ichigo didn't possessed his Merged Hollow Form on top of his Bankai at the time. He killed Yhwach with a weaker form and help. Yhwach never allowed him to fight with the two forms at once. How is it possible for Yhwach to destroyed Ichigo's transformations in the future, if Ichigo concluded to be a problem not to be faced head on. Yhwach prefer to used Hax instead of raw power, even do Yhwach is "stronger" than Ichigo in raw department.

@Apprentice21

If i reccal correctly, Yhwach got hit with an arrow that nullified his Almighty powers briefly (Goes to prove that it can't do anything like people claim, and that it's possible to nullify it even in-verse, so stronger characters with power nullification abilities would **** Yhwach up), and then Ichigo sliced him in half.

@Goalarva

I would prefer if we go by what Yhwach actually demonstrates with his Almighty rather than do severe speculations. Go by what types of powers he's actually nullified, what kind of people he's hit, what kind of barriers he's bypassed, and so on. Then look at the gap in power and speed and hax between the characters and try to figure it out if his Almighty can work. I don't think they ever say "infinite possible futures" too.

The thing is, because Yhwach was defeated by Ichigo in the end, we clearly know that it doesn't work on a "Even if there's a 0.0000000000001% chance of him winning, he will". Because logically, he could defeat Ichigo. He has both the raw power and raw strength, but he didn't.

@Matthew

Why didn't Yhwach just pick a future where he didn't get hit by the arrow? Or just change the future so he doesn't get hit by the arrow?

Interesting. What a confusing ability. Its even harder for me to understand than King Crimson! But I think I'm begining to understand. Thank you!

Wasn't the Almighty **** up by Aizen's illusions prior to his first death? Making all possible futures from then on questionable? KS was manipulating what he saw, that also includes the future where the arrow hits him. One more detail. When Yhwach revived himself after been killed, he doesn't have the double pupils on his eyes. Meaning, he revives with Almighty off. Should this weakness be on his profile?

Another example of how to counter the Almighty:

Potent Mind Manipulation akin to Martian Manhunter, Professor Xavier or a Jedi, blocking him from his Precognition and making him unable to use Almighty as he can't see any future.

Edit: Actually, any Mind Manipulation significantly better than the best Mind Manipulation shown in Bleach. I doubt the verse has anything remotely close to galactic mind manipulation.

@Apple

I am just pointing out that Yhwach isn't invincible like Bleach wankers say it is, there are numerous ways to defeat it.

This is generally what The Almighty is in the way that Yhwach describes it. Yhwach himself is a very mentally unstable and arrogant character, and he does describe himself as omnipotent and shit all the time. So people latch onto those descriptions and miss the context of the speaker behind the statement.

Never even once saw Yhwach called himself omnipotent or a God. Did i missed a chapter? His personality was chilling before obtaining that power. Sad. Even Aizen got shit by him. The most intelligent character couldn't fulfilled what the latter did.

The Almighty lets him see all futures passively, understand everything he sees within those futures and allows him to nullify enemies powers. (Like Ichibeis power)

He can also swap them out for another one of the possible futures. Like how he changed the future to one where there was a trap at every place Ichigo would stand in. Or to a future where all bankai were broken, or that a attack he used that was blocked, lands successfully.

Interestingly enough it even stops Orihimes power from working, and that straight up reject events from having of ever happened

@Apple no. He never referred to himself as omnipotent or god.

You are joking, right? He literally names himself after YHWH, the Judeo-Christian god, and he says that he has the powers of omnipotence and omniscience.

Err... Yhwach did not name himself??? And it's just a name,

He doesnt go around saying hes a omnipotent god. Feel free to find a scan where he says that.

Why does it matter? Stop bickering about it, it's irrelevant and derailing the topic.

It still proves that his claims have to be taken with a grain of salt because he overestimates himself a lot.

And also

"All futures"

Nope, only futures possible given his own powers. Otherwise you are buying into NLFs.

I am not spreading misinformation, I am explaining The Almighty without wanking it, and showing how limited it really is compared to what many fans say.

>he does describe himself as omnipotent and shit all the time

That is what I was referring to when I said misinformation, otherwise your summation about the Almighty is pretty good if only forgetting a few minor things.

Anyway this has drifted offtopic and the OP has been answered

Okay, so I understand that Almighty allows Yhwach to see possible future outcome of a battle and make the future outcome of his choosing the present. But how does this explain his power nullification and counter to Ichibei?

It's tied to his ability of making the future the present. There is a future where he counters / nullifies the move so he puts it in the present.

That's actually the main reason Yhwach is a legitimate really haxed character, he does showcase some pretty impressive nullification powers. Of course, people love to escalate this and say that he can nullify everything, he clearly can't even in-universe. Go by what he has nullified and if it is an ability that he hasn't, don't just assume that he can.

Matthew Schroeder said:
It's tied to his ability of making the future the present. There is a future where he counters / nullifies the move so he puts it in the present.
This is pretty much the root of Yhwach's NLF then? Not helped by the fact that he nullified Ichibei's freaking Concept manipulation

The best explanation of Yhwach's power I ever seen online is this:

As far as it appears to be, Yhwach not only has precognition but is also able to alter any number of futures. He likened it to how we can change the immediate future with our actions, yet for him it's the ability to affect all possible futures. You could probably argue it's a temporal ability, allowing him to not only see into the future but also act within it. In the fight with Ichigo, as an example, Yhwach broke Tensa Zangetsu "in the future" and, when that moment became "in the present", the sword was already broken.

That also means the weakness of The Almighty is within actions "in the past", which is why Uryu's The Antithesis and Tsukishima's The Book of the End are both so good against him - they both alter the past, changing events that already happened, which is something Yhwach can't do.

So if Yhwach stabbed Uryu "in the future", he would be stabbed when that moment of time becomes "in the present". As soon as that attack becomes "in the past", The Antithesis can alter it so it is Yhwach who is stabbed by his own attack.

Same with Tsukishima - Yhwach implied time is more like an infinite number of grains of sand. Being "in the present" is like standing upon a specific grain of sand and jumping to any other is changing what happens "in the future". Obviously those grains of sand (as it were) don't disappear simply because you didn't stand upon them, they simply become any number of potential pasts. It sounds a lot like Tsukishima can insert himself into your past and effectively alter which grain of sand you've stood upon.

So, in other words...

• Yhwach broke Ichigo's sword "in the future";
  • When that moment became "in the present", Tensa Zangetsu was broken;
  • When that moment became "in the past", Tsukishima was able to create a new moment "in the past" where the sword was not broken;
  • Orihime was then able to "reject the present" and revert Tensa Zangetsu to the state it had in the past created by Tsukishima.

So he couldn't use The Almighty against a character that can mentally block his precog, but what about possession users like Amo? Would taking his body stop him from seeing the future or would his disembodied consciousness still be able to prevent that from happening?

I don't know enough to answer that, but aren't Bleach characters literally souls even though they have bodies of matter and blood?

Byakushiki Setsura said:
This is pretty much the root of Yhwach's NLF then? Not helped by the fact that he nullified Ichibei's freaking Concept manipulation
Well, the whole attack is one giant NLF to be honest. Ichibei's Ink also is. Bleach is a series that likes to use superlatives like "everything" in attack descriptions.

Both attacks are incredibly broken still, and show why Bleach is the most haxed of the HST, but people still treat them as if it allows you to beat anyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back