• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

How does Beerus' Ki nullification feat make him Universe-level?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can understand him being universe-level if that was an attack potency feat but it seems more like Ki-related hax feat. How exactly can Beerus nulify ki? Thanks.

5 attacks from Beerus and Goku combined were enough to destroy the universe. Whis later clarified that Beerus was severely holding back and that his power overshadows Goku's like a large palace compared to a small tree, so he is extremely likely able to destroy a universe in a single strike if he does not hold back.

Antvasima said:
5 attacks from Beerus and Goku combined were enough to destroy the universe. Whis later clarified that Beerus was severely holding back and that his power overshadows Goku's like a large palace compared to a small tree, so he is extremely likely able to destroy a universe in a single strike if he does not hold back.
Umm... So if a character in fiction says "you are a bug compared to him", does that make him propotionaly as strong as a bug compared to that charatcer?

Case in point

Well, if Beerus was close to universe level when severely holding back, and Whis, who is extremely well informed and can read power levels, states that even a powered-up Super Saiyan God 2 Goku is insignificant compared to him, it makes much better sense that Beerus should get a 3-A rating than a 3-B one.

LoudCloud said:
Umm... So if a character in fiction says "you are a bug compared to him", does that make him propotionaly as strong as a bug compared to that charatcer?
I always thought that Whis and Beerus were much stronger than Goku and Vegeta, but not by that margin. I mean... what if Whis and Beerus are *lying* about their maximum strength?

Everything we have seen from them indicates that they are not lying, and Goku can currently read god ki, so he would know.

Aparajita said:
LoudCloud said:
I always thought that Whis and Beerus were much stronger than Goku and Vegeta, but not by that margin. I mean... what if Whis and Beerus are *lying* about their maximum strength?
I really don't think they would lie about their full power, Aparajita. At least IMHO, that is.

CrossverseCrisis said:
I really don't think they would lie about their full power, Aparajita. At least IMHO, that is.
I don't know, i've seen enough fiction where a villain lies about his strength. In fact, i recall most of the characters in DBZ lying about their max strength throughout the series.

That's just my personal opinion.

Faisal Shourov said:
^There is nothing to lie about, Goku admitted he and vegeta nowhere strong as Beerus in episode 21
That's what i'm saying. Especially to Whis cause he's Beerus teacher and the guy clearly(at least at the moment) doest look like he'd lie about something like this.

NotAMarioFan(lol) said:
Wasn't goku and beerus gonna destroy the universe when they clashed together with there fist?
If Beerus is universal and Goku is "nowhere near his level" quoting Goku himself in Episode 21, how can he remotely contend with Beerus' strength?

I'm not looking to start an arguement, i'm legitimately curious as i have no idea about the levels in DBZ post Cell Saga.

It's obvious they are above Goku's power but the actual ammount seems to just be speculation. I know that's how this wiki works a lot of the time, but I'd rather have actual evidence.

If it took 5 attacks from Goku and Beerus to destroy the universe and they were equally matched then each attach was about a 10th of the universe. This would put Goku at around that level. Beerus (at his maximum strength) would have to be 10 times as strong as Goku to be universe-level and while I definetly see it as a possibility, it's hard to accept it without more evidence. I'll wait till the show progresses I guess.

And about Whis' quote: It's not about lying (I'm sure Whis wasn't). It's about being poetic. There are such things are metaphors and similies and to compare two people to a tree and a castle seems pretty poetic to me (and therefore not actually proportional).

^You are not reading the scans it seems. Let me help you out more

Beerus is threatning SSB Goku (after Frieza arc) and says he will turn Goku into dust. Goku is terrified of Beerus 24/7 and admits Beerus is stronger than them. I don't see what's the issue here

Beerus threatens Goku

For being threatened with death and oblivion of himself, his planet, his universe, and his family, Goku doesn't look nearly that afraid. His facial expression looks more like confused or startled more than anything.

I know Beerus is more powerful than Goku but I need to know HOW MUCH the difference is. We can't just guess that it's x10 what he is at his maximum. I'd rather we wait a bit longer for DB Super to progress before making assuptions.

LMFAO, from what i seen so far, this argument is pointless in my opinion. We can just use the power scale that Akira Toriyama given us to determine Goku's and Beerus's power difference. According to Toriyama, on a scale of 1 to 15, Goku would be at 6, Beerus would be at 10 and Whis be on 15. So, we can just say that Beerus is 4 times more powerful that Goku. Now, this hopefully answers you question.

THIS THREAD WILL END NOW!!!

They were going to destroy the Macrocosm (2.5 Universes) in 2.5 clashes (not 5), and Goku matched Beerus's exact power output, nullifying the destruction, and Goku nor Beerus where using their 100% to do this feat, and later on, even the narrator said they're fighting with a greater power than before, and we clearly see them powering up, Goku using his 100% and Beerus too (but he was lying as revealed later on).

Aparajita said:
For being threatened with death and oblivion of himself, his planet, his universe, and his family, Goku doesn't look nearly that afraid. His facial expression looks more like confused or startled more than anything.
That's typical for Goku, always cheerful even when he's about to die

CrossverseCrisis said:
Wasn't it 3 punches when they were destroying the universe though?
The Old Kai said 2~3 (according to Herms), and I remember seeing it as 2.5 somewhere.

Alexcar3000 said:
They were going to destroy the Macrocosm (2.5 Universes) in 2.5 clashes (not 5), and Goku matched Beerus's exact power output, nullifying the destruction, and Goku nor Beerus where using their 100% to do this feat, and later on, even the narrator said they're fighting with a greater power than before, and we clearly see them powering up, Goku using his 100% and Beerus too (but he was lying as revealed later on).
Oh makes sense. People keep telling me different things about the impact. I should re-watch the episode.

Bill Cipher The Dorito said:
LMFAO, from what i seen so far, this argument is pointless in my opinion. We can just use the power scale that Akira Toriyama given us to determine Goku's and Beerus's power difference. According to Toriyama, on a scale of 1 to 15, Goku would be at 6, Beerus would be at 10 and Whis be on 15. So, we can just say that Beerus is 4 times more powerful that Goku. Now, this hopefully answers you question.
THIS THREAD WILL END NOW!!!
That would make Beerus 1.6 times as powerful as Goku. Not that it matters since that info is outdated.

@BCTD Well, that power scale was for Battle Of Gods, not Dragon Ball Super.

Im sure that SSGSS is just a LITTLE stronger that SSG, so Goku would just be at 7 or even 8. Overall, we all can agree that Beerus is stronger than Goku, whats the point of training with whis if SSG Goku was said to be equal with Beerus, and SSGSS Goku is a little stronger than SSG that would make him stronger than Beerus.

Whats the point of this thread anyway? We all know that Beerus is stronger than Goku.
But by how much. That's the difference between multi-galaxy+ or universe-level

Im sure that SSGSS is just a LITTLE stronger that SSG, so Goku would just be at 7 or even 8. Overall, we all can agree that Beerus is stronger than Goku, whats the point of training with whis if SSG Goku was said to be equal with Beerus, and SSGSS Goku is a little stronger than SSG that would make him stronger than Beerus.
All these numbers are now invalid, Dragon Ball Super doesn't follow the 6, 10 and 15 scale

There could be(speculation) a large gap between Goku and Beerus. You may say Goku is a universe level, but thats when he was fighting Beerus, who is a universe buster. So, without Beerus, he wouldve destroy galaxied but with a universe buster, he could destroy a universe.

, Umm... So if a character in fiction says "you are a bug compared to him", does that make him propotionaly as strong as a bug compared to that charatcer?

That comparison doesn't work. when someone says something like "you're a bug compared to me", they're just mocking the other person, or making a general statement of superiority. in this situation Whis was acting as Goku and vegeta's mentor, and providing them with a metaphor they could easily grasp to properly understand how powerful they are in relation to Beerus. Whis has no reason to lie, and actually every reason to be precise with his statement, since he's their master.

DBS retconned Beerus power. in the movie Goku wasn't that massively below him. now he is.

Hiei312 said:
, Umm... So if a character in fiction says "you are a bug compared to him", does that make him propotionaly as strong as a bug compared to that charatcer?

That comparison doesn't work. when someone says something like "you're a bug compared to me", they're just mocking the other person, or making a general statement of superiority. in this situation Whis was acting as Goku and vegeta's mentor, and providing them with a metaphor they could easily grasp to properly understand how powerful they are in relation to Beerus. Whis has no reason to lie, and actually every reason to be precise with his statement, since he's their master.

DBS retconned Beerus power. in the movie Goku wasn't that massively below him. now he is.
All 101% this.

@BCTD the akira toriyama scale was never told to be linear , a character labeled as a 10 in his scale could be million of times stronger than one labeled 9, or just 10% stronger.

Viturino said:
@BCTD the akira toriyama scale was never told to be linear , a character labeled as a 10 in his scale could be million of times stronger than one labeled 9, or just 10% stronger.
That scale was a placeholder until DBS powerscale came along, we don't have to ponder about it being linear or exponential anymore since it's retconned

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back