• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Houston, we have another problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Luma popping out of Mario's hat after every spin punch after Mario galaxy 2 is simply a game mechanic. Still, all the High 4-C feats are legit and consistent. Additionally, Mario being "Amped up by Luma" would make the Mario bros Galaxy level

I really don't like the idea of waiting for someone before downgrading characters. If he has an issue with the downgrades, he can make a thread about it when he returns.

@Hagane

umm, can you please share where exactly the luma pops out if Mario doesn't have a hat during the ending and only has access to the bee power-up and Yoshi which when they spin only has them flash.

I was more trying to say that if you continue playing after reaching the ending to at least get all of the power stars, you still have the luma with you. But canonically after the ending Lubba simply drives you back home.

Though this is off topic, the realm of King Boo with stars I believe is to be King Boo's own version of genjutsu or more specifically (probably) Tsukoyomi. I mean he is canonically stated to be "The Master of Illusions" and this is not the first time he's done this. I know that the Naruto and Mario verses are not the same but I'm trying to give a good explanation.

Can we talk about Mario's speed? I think he should be relativistc for the black hole feat in mario party, dodging lasers in galaxy and keeping up with the cloun cart in mario run, which flew to the sun from earth in a short time.

Mario does require Launch Stars and everything for Flight/Travel speed to be Massively FTL+, but I that's not the same as combat speed.

Well, Bowser tried to escape from the pull of a Black Hole, but they need to be calced.

Most characters: High 4-C [Constellation feats]. Black Holes and Clown Cart speed feats result.

Mario Galaxy characters: 3-C [Lumas turning into a galaxy]. MFTL+ via Launch Stars.

No he doesn't, he used them even before he got a Luma. And besides, Launch Stars are literally just cannons that launch you Massively FTL+; anyone can use them, though, normal users may not survive. But Mario can, without being amped up by Lumas. And still only flight speed rather than combat speed in that regard though.

It was the whole darn game.

Facepalm
I definitely don't remember Mario being able to use the spin punch whenever he didn't have the luma (which was 98.9999% of both games) and he could only use the Launch Stars because Little Luma allowed him to use the spin jump. And I know that he still has the luma whenever it pops out for the spin punch.

Actually characters like mario, bowser, luigi, etc. Will be 4-B to 3-C and other mario characters will be High 4-C and as for Paper Mario page, all of his tier, stats, and abilities will be back on the Main Mario page.

Y'know what, lemme just drop a Great Wall of China over here

Hagane no Saiyajin said:
Powerstars only appear in three games! And it was not with his own strength, he was powered up by a luma!
I'm pretty sure you're talking about a Grand Star, not a power star

Hagane no Saiyajin said:
And the so called "Galaxies" are not galaxies in conventional terms, they follow Merriam-Webster's second definition of galaxy "an assemblage of brilliant or notable persons or things" which is what they are. An assemblage of planetoids and cosmic objects.
lolwut? Pretty sure that doesn't describe the Milky Way, now does it?

Hagane no Saiyajin said:
And even though I'm not doing any measuring, I'm guesstimating based on when I played Super Mario Galaxy 1 & 2 that these "galaxies" are about the size of towns or large citys or even small islands. I would also guesstimate the Tournament of Power statium.
Did it ever just not occur to you that there is something called a graphical limitation? I'm pretty sure a Nintendo Wii can not handle several billions of kilometers of rocks, asteroids, and planets.

Hagane no Saiyajin said:
And if I were to classify the "galaxies" correctly in AP conventional terms I'd classify them as minature planet systems similar to our own but are way wackerier.
I'm pretty sure that there is no such term as a "planet system" at all. That is, unless you're talking about a Solar System, which is only like one tier down from Multi-Solar System (4-B vs 4-A respectively)

Hagane no Saiyajin said:
And the speed feat of Mario, that also had the help of the luma.
WhatdidIjustread
I'm sorry.
what. Mario dodged those meteors by himself. There weren't any Lumas there. At all.

Hagane no Saiyajin said:
And also consistantly in all of the Mario games I've seen him take damage from lava, spikes, bombs, koopa troopas, goombas, fire, thwomps, etc.
w o w i t ' s t h e g o o m b a a r g u m e n t n e v e r h e a r d o f t h a t o n e b e f o r e

No seriously, the Koopa Troopa/Goomba/Lava argument has been passed off as a game mechanic so many times already it's not even funny. pls stop

Cleaning a wall of text
ok im done here bye

Hagane no Saiyajin said:
these are the arguements I'm going for against any 4-A currently

1. Mario was amped by Luma

2. King Boo was using genjutsu on Luigi

3. Power stars only appeared in 3 games

4. Paper Mario was also amped by crystal stars

5. Cystral Stars only appeared in one games

Hagane no Saiyajin said:
Hagane no Saiyajin said:
these are the arguements I'm going for against any 4-A currently

1. Mario was amped by Luma

2. King Boo was using genjutsu on Luigi

3. Power stars only appeared in 3 games

4. Paper Mario was also amped

5. Cystral Stars only appeared in one games

1. No he wasn't lol
  2. the **** is a Genjutsu? sounds like some Naruto type shit
  3. doesn't matter if the power star appeared in three games, it's still usable and still valid
  4. by who? we don't even see lumas in the paper mario games at all
  5. read (3)
once again

Cleaning a wall of text

Yes he was amped by the Little Luma. Just how can you miss him constantly popping out of Mario when ever he spins which was granted through the little Luma. Mario is only able to use launch stars or perform MFTL+ speed featS because of that luma amping him up.

Paper Mario was amped by crystal stars.

Genjutsu is by basics illusion technique, the realm of King Boo with stars I believe is to be King Boo's own version of genjutsu or more specifically (probably) Tsukoyomi. I mean he is canonically stated to be "The Master of Illusions" and this is not the first time he's done this. I know that the Naruto and Mario verses are not the same but I'm trying to give a good explanation.

But the comment was actually a little funny.

Hagane no Saiyajin said:
Yes he was amped by the Little Luma. Just how can you miss him constantly popping out of Mario when ever he spins which was granted through the little Luma. Mario is only able to use launch stars or perform MFTL+ speed featS because of that luma amping him up.
Paper Mario was amped by crystal stars.

Genjutsu is by basics illusion technique, the realm of King Boo with stars I believe is to be King Boo's own version of genjutsu or more specifically (probably) Tsukoyomi. I mean he is canonically stated to be "The Master of Illusions" and this is not the first time he's done this. I know that the Naruto and Mario verses are not the same but I'm trying to give a good explanation.

But the comment was actually a little funny.

1. The fact that the Luma gave Mario the ability to do a Star-Spin doesn't mean squat lol, it only means that he got a new move from the Luma
  2. It doesn't matter if Paper Mario was amped up by Crystal Stars, either way he's on par with normal Mario
  3. Just because King Boo can make illusions doesn't mean it's comparable to that "Genjutsu" or whatever it is. That's basically saying Paper Mario should be getting a 10-C key because he's paper

Hagane no Saiyajin said:
And I'm not saying King Boo is weak, I'm more saying he is sort of a glass cannon. After all the main weakness to his illusions is succeeding in harming him as seen in both fights with Luigi.
hope you realize that being a glass canon = being weak durability wise

NotAMarioFan(lol) said:
Mario is getting a slight downgrade. Can we pls close this before this gets out of hand?
This is getting no where can we pls close this cause @Hagane is just wanking these characters and making Explanations that doesn't make any sense

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back