• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

hot takes thread

this is a thread to post your hot takes, possibly unpopular opinions
I'll start: I think that Shinza being wanked is partly this wiki's fault and Masada's. Why? Because if Masada didn't write any action scenes, and kept the story as mostly talking (still goodly written, it's just talking), then it wouldn't be wanked nearly as much. Even if Hadou Gods existed in this weird non-fighting Shinza verse, they wouldn't be heralded as "UBER STRONG FICTION DUDES". They would just be treated as "kinda strong", and not delved into that much.

It's also VSBW's fault. This wiki compiles a lot of verses, and is relatively popular, which means that people come here, think Shinza is High 1-A, and then spread it across the internet. Add to that Shinza is mostly untranslated, and this wiki would be better off not listing it at all in the first place. But alas, things are too late for that.

Now I'm not saying Masada is a bad person for doing this- plenty of writers who make strong verses have to go through the same thing.

this is a thread to post your hot takes, possibly unpopular opinions
I'll start: I think that Shinza being wanked is partly this wiki's fault and Masada's. Why? Because if Masada didn't write any action scenes, and kept the story as mostly talking (still goodly written, it's just talking), then it wouldn't be wanked nearly as much. Even if Hadou Gods existed in this weird non-fighting Shinza verse, they wouldn't be heralded as "UBER STRONG FICTION DUDES". They would just be treated as "kinda strong", and not delved into that much.

It's also VSBW's fault. This wiki compiles a lot of verses, and is relatively popular, which means that people come here, think Shinza is High 1-A, and then spread it across the internet. Add to that Shinza is mostly untranslated, and this wiki would be better off not listing it at all in the first place. But alas, things are too late for that.

Now I'm not saying Masada is a bad person for doing this- plenty of writers who make strong verses have to go through the same thing.
Fair enough, tho I think that the verse was supposed to have overpowered characters…

My take: over saturated does not mean a series isn’t good “Aot is ass” “naruto is ass” “dragon ball is just colorful aliens screaming”

i think a good chunk of the verses are overshot by calcs. yeah, i know, even the ones i love, but i am talking about author intention.
Many verses were probably never really thought through and thus comes the PIS. A character is never intended to be super powerful but because we use calcs we end up with some crazy ratings compared to what the author probably wanted to portray.

i think a good chunk of the verses are overshot by calcs. yeah, i know, even the ones i love, but i am talking about author intention.
Many verses were probably never really thought through and thus comes the PIS. A character is never intended to be super powerful but because we use calcs we end up with some crazy ratings compared to what the author probably wanted to portray.
Isnt this why “Death of the Author” exists? To say the authors own interpretations of their work is no more important than fans?

Its why WoG is so scrutinised or why Author statements about a characters power level without the proper support from the work isnt enough for that tier.

Isnt this why “Death of the Author” exists? To say the authors own interpretations of their work is no more important than fans?

Ita why WoG is so scrutinised or an Author simply stating characters are certain level without support from the work isnt enough for that tier.
Author statements aren’t bad, but are pointless without proof from the source material

All the characters are unlikable to me, especially the main protag, you can watch it yourself if you want to, just don’t like it myself
Interesting...I've heard good things about some of them like Rem, but since I haven't watched it for myself I can't really make a solid opinion. I was planning to watch it, but I'm not sure if I'll enjoy it. If it's not that good, I'll stick to re-watching Grant Blue or Daily Lives of Highschool Boys.

I was planning to watch it, but I'm not sure if I'll enjoy it. If it's not that good, I'll stick to re-watching Grant Blue or Daily Lives of Highschool Boys.
Yeah, if you want to form an opinion on it you should probably watch it yourself, hope you enjoy

I feel like OPM fits this. I'm 99 percent sure tier 5 wasn't intentional

Reinhard Heydrich (Shinza) is beyond fiction cause he's irl lol...

Still waiting for Yuri to downgrade Shinza to Tier 11...

Back