• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Homura Akemi (Tamura) VS Obelisk The Tormentor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Round 1.- Probably Obelisk, Homura might have planned this thing from the beginning, so i don´t really know.

Round 2.- Sacrifice Obelisk Obliterates if we consider the game´s rules.

Mikoto Misaka231 said:
Round 1.- Probably Obelisk, Homura might have planned this thing from the beginning, so i don´t really know.

Round 2.- Sacrifice Obelisk Obliterates if we consider the game´s rules.
Can you offer reasoning for #1?

I doubt that would count as non-game mechanics

Round 1.- He almost defeated Zorc, that was a easy planet buster.

It depends on Homura´s training, But Obelisk would win most of the time by pure brute strenght alone.

Round 2.-Since Sacrifice Obelisk is part of the game, nothing that attacks it directly can win, infinite.

Only Hax.

@misaka Obelisk nearly defeated zorc? He was never even close to Zorcs level at all. Zorc curbstomped him.

Horakthy>>>Zorc>>>Exodia>=Ra>Obelisk and Slifer, is how the powerlevels look roughly

and also round 2 is using Obelisks Game mechanics, I don't really like it.

Mikoto Misaka231 said:
Round 1.- He almost defeated Zorc, that was a easy planet buster.
It depends on Homura´s training, But Obelisk would win most of the time by pure brute strenght alone.

Round 2.-Since Sacrifice Obelisk is part of the game, nothing that attacks it directly can win, infinite.

Only Hax.
You do realize that trained Homura is also Planet Buster right? (Rather casual feat by the way)

Does his dura increase tho? She can time stop and then finish him

LordAizenSama said:
@misaka Obelisk nearly defeated zorc? He was never even close to Zorcs level at all. Zorc curbstomped him.
Horakthy>>>Zorc>>>Exodia>=Ra>Obelisk and Slifer, is how the powerlevels look roughly

and also round 2 is using Obelisks Game mechanics, I don't really like it.
Should I remove Round 2?

SoyHop said:
I personally pick Obelisk.
Sheer power alone may be enough before she has the chance to do anything.
dont they have the same ap?

I think so, but I believe Obelisk can become much, much stronger. Depending on certain things. Like spells, or conditions in the game itself. If those apply, he can be much faster and/or stronger.

SoyHop said:
I think so, but I believe Obelisk can become much, much stronger. Depending on certain things. Like spells, or conditions in the game itself. If those apply, he can be much faster and/or stronger.
This is just Obelisk, no Magic Cylinder, Mage Power or other cards to help him. Not to mention speed is equalized...

SoyHop said:
Equalized, hmm.
I'd say inconclusive then, in this case.

But I still believe he's strong enough to destroy her durability.
They're both planet level?

He should be. I believe there's a statement that Obelisk and the others are capable of destroying worlds. Whether that meant together or alone, or planet, or universe, is up to us.

I say it meant one alone, and one planet, yes.

As for Homura... I can't say that as based on the Tier, AP, and what I've been directed to for her "true power".

SoyHop said:
He should be. I believe there's a statement that Obelisk and the others are capable of destroying worlds. Whether that meant together or alone, or planet, or universe, is up to us.
I say it meant one alone, and one planet, yes.

As for Homura... I can't say that as based on the Tier, AP, and what I've been directed to for her "true power".
i believe the statment was planet in the offical dub, hence his rating

Time stomp is useless if you are dead, or without prep. :D

Infinite Obelisk is only vulnerable to magic and traps, Even with Time Stop, even with PLanet Busting lazer, Homura loses. (GAME MECHANICS)

Mikoto Misaka231 said:
Time stomp is useless if you are dead, or without prep. :D

Infinite Obelisk is only vulnerable to magic and traps, Even with Time Stop, even with PLanet Busting lazer, Homura loses. (GAME MECHANICS)
What, also round 2 is out since it relies on gane mechanics for a while now...

Mikoto Misaka231 said:
Then it´s inconclusive.

Maybe Obelisk might come on top because Homu has no prep.
What? Homura doesnt need prep to use time stop, its part of her strategy

Mikoto Misaka231 said:
Indeed, but Pre-Prep Homura is only 7-C.
Post-Prep would win IF she stops time before Obelisk lays a finger on her.
What are you reading??? Thats pre-trained Homura, post trained she became planet level

Even if the speed is equalized, that defines what?

the travel speed? the reaction speeds?

If Homura has the same speed as Obelisk, why would you give the time stop to Homura?

Mikoto Misaka231 said:
Even if the speed is equalized, that defines what?
the travel speed? the reaction speeds?
SPEED , I'm pretty sure that counts for everything.

Mikoto Misaka231 said:
Then, it´s the flip of a coin.
If Homura gets cocky, she gets ONE PAWWWNCHED.
A- You think Homura out of all people. Would get cocky?

B-She still has the same dura as obelisk's ap..

A.- Homura is cocky in both the Tamura manga and in the anime, she doesn´t have any knowledge on Obelisk before this, right?

B.-Yeah, so in your logic, obelisk could survive the OP Laser as well.

Obelisk obliterates with WAAAN PAAAAWWWCH.

Mikoto Misaka231 said:
A.- Homura is cocky in both the Tamura manga and in the anime, she doesn´t have any knowledge on Obelisk before this, right?
B.-Yeah, so in your logic, obelisk could survive the OP Laser as well.

Obelisk obliterates with WAAAN PAAAAWWWCH.
A- The only time she ever got cocky, was when she beat Mami Tomoe... not to mention that is a different Homura...

B- Yeah, but she has time stop which lets her do it enough time that she can kill him, no one punch

1.-She got cocky all three times she fought Tomoe.

She got herself caught on the 100th timeline AND thought she got her stuck in time on Rebellion.

Not to mention Sayaka and Walpurgis.

2.-Exept that depends, again, if Homura can react to Obelisk fast enough.

Mikoto Misaka231 said:
1.-She got cocky all three times she fought Tomoe.
She got herself caught on the 100th timeline AND thought she got her stuck in time on Rebellion.

Not to mention Sayaka and Walpurgis.

2.-Exept that depends, again, if Homura can react to Obelisk fast enough.
1-Getting caight by suprise in a non-hostile situation (ie she wasnt even ready to or fighting her) isn't being cocky, its called a suprise attack.

the second one is true tho

Walpurgis... as in the witch that took down multiple magical girls at once... thats not called being cocky thats called fighting a far faster enemy. Not to mention Sayaka had prep for her interaction with Homura, hence why she targeted her weakness

2- SPEED EQUALIZED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back