• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Rules:
Speed equal
9-A Homelander
First key slayer is used
SBA for everything else

Vote:
Homelander: @Vzearr
The Slayer (Buffyverse): @Random-Helper323 @AThe1412 @ItsOnlyDanny3 @BEASTHEART880 @DivineAura44 @Kisaragi_Megumi @GFArrow

186a14728a928c238b090c343b820d2f.jpg

c27d2e1ad7b94b3a555b683fb806bda3.jpg

Last edited:
I don’t think there’s much Buffy could do here. Homelander can easily stay out of range of her scythe with flight and use his sonic screams and heat vision to kill her from a distance. Buffy has no resistance to sound based attacks and will be incapacitated extremely quickly.

What's Buffy's AP level?

Homelander scales above 0.062055638647228 Tons of TNT.

Buffy certainly has the skill advantage, with Homelander being less skilled than average vampires in the Buffyverse. Actually, we have a point of comparison for skill in the Buffyverse: Caleb. He relies on his strength and is not really skilled at all, and Buffy beat him even though he was much stronger than her and required total dismemberment to finish him off.

I don’t think there’s much Buffy could do here. Homelander can easily stay out of range of her scythe with flight and use his sonic screams and heat vision to kill her from a distance. Buffy has no resistance to sound based attacks and will be incapacitated extremely quickly.
Buffy can just reflect the heat vision right back at him with her scythe and she can easily regenerate from the sonic scream since the best it can do to normal people is rupture their eardrums.
What's Buffy's AP level?

Buffy certainly has the skill advantage, with Homelander being less skilled than average vampires in the Buffyverse. Actually, we have a point of comparison for skill in the Buffyverse: Caleb. He relies on his strength and is not really skilled at all, and Buffy beat him even though he was much stronger than her and required total dismemberment to finish him off.
She scales above 0.0523653585 Tons of TNT.

Last edited:
AP:

Buffy scales above 0.0523653585 Tons of TNT.

A 1.185 times AP advantage in Homelander's favour.

Lifting Strength:

Homelander is Class K

Buffy is Class 5

Homelander has an unfathomable lifting strength advantage.

Skill:

Buffy is a master of multiple martial arts and with multiple kinds of weapons (swords, knives, axes, crossbows, staves, and more), beats special forces and centuries-old vampires in terms of skill, and meanwhile Homelander has no skill at all.

In terms of stats, Homelander definitely has the edge, but the AP gap isn't enough to overcome Buffy's skill advantage in a simple all-out fight.

Right now, I'm saying Buffy wins via a massive skill advantage, overcoming a fairly small AP gap, and avoiding that terrifying Lifting Strength gap.

Last edited:
I'd also like to point out that Buffy has beaten Caleb, who much like Homelander was much stronger than her but less skilled. In fact, a backhand hit from Caleb could KO Buffy and meanwhile her repeatedly punching him in the face and Spike, Angel and Faith doing the same barely did anything. So she has a record of beating someone pretty similar to Homelander here.

What's Buffy's AP level?

Okay so, I'm not knowledgable on BuffyVerse, so I could easily be proven wrong, but... The way I see it, after getting slapped around a bit Homelander loses his patience and puts Buffy in a bearhug, and crushes or lasers her.

Okay so, I'm not knowledgable on BuffyVerse, so I could easily be proven wrong, but... The way I see it, after getting slapped around a bit Homelander loses his patience and puts Buffy in a bearhug, and crushes or lasers her.
Lasering her is not an option because she'll just reflect it with her scythe. Homelander isn't intelligent enough to even consider using bear hug nor would he be able to pull it off on a more skilled opponent who also has Low-Mid regeneration.

Okay, so Buffy outskills, outwits, and has regeneration. What's Homelanders wincon here?
Instead of trying to bearhug her (Very unlikely to work), he can instead just grab her and either rip her in half or remove her head which is beyond what she can regenerate from. His LS advantage means if he does manage to do so, she won't be able to escape.
Are the lasers actual lasers or just heat vision?
It's probably just heat but it shouldn't matter since the scythe has reflected more than just conventional lasers.

The fight likely happens in phases.

Phase 1: Homelander shoots heat vision, and Buffy dodges and blocks it. Buffy actively approaches the whole time, trying to get close.

Phase 2: Homelander sees that his heat vision is being blocked and avoided, and sees her getting closer with a sharp blade which he is watching block his heat vision. So he gets angry and flies straight at her. Buffy's scythe has been grabbed by the handle and even taken from her that way before, and Homelander definitely has the lifting strength to do it. All the same, Homelander likely gets hurt in the process of taking it. He might even take a fatal wound right there. Even if he tries to grab her instead of the scythe, she will block with the scythe likely leading to it being taken and her being free anyway. In fact, there's a decent chance that Homelander suffers a terrible or even fatal wound before he can take the scythe, remembering that comic Homelander allowed Queen Maeve to strike him on the head with her sword.

Phase 3: Homelander attempts to bear down on Buffy with her own scythe after taking it, but Buffy's superior skill allows her to easily avoid the swing and evade the heat vision, manoeuvring herself inside the reach of these attacks and landing multiple hits.

Phase 4: At this range, Buffy is relentlessly raining blows on Homelander, who can't even lay a hand on her in response. He will likely attempt to move away using his flight, but Buffy will either hold on and keep attacking or let him move away, knowing she can still close the distance.

The battle might alternate through these phases repeatedly afterwards, if Homelander fights cautiously, but ultimately Buffy is able to avoid all his worst attacks at long range and meanwhile close range allows her enormous fighting skill to dominate. She can also throw weapons at him which will make the long range game even less viable for him.

Homelander can win, and he even has better means of controlling the distance between them, but Buffy has a pretty reliable answer to his advantage at long range, whereas he becomes a sitting duck at close range.

Last edited:
Homelander has enough skill as shown when he fought the trio and tangoed with Maeve and totally beat her when he got serious. Also his flying gives him more maneuverability so I can't see how buffy can stop him in any way. Voting for Homelander.

Homelander has enough skill as shown when he fought the trio and tangoed with Maeve and totally beat her when he got serious. Also his flying gives him more maneuverability so I can't see how buffy can stop him in any way. Voting for Homelander.
This is Comic Homelander, not the amazing TV Show version. He doesn't even know what pain feels like. Also (This point is about TV Show Homelander but whatever), I don't see how struggling to beat someone who is clearly weaker than him makes him superior in skill to someone who can defeat opponents that are clearly stronger than her THROUGH skill. She has ranged weaponry as well so flight shouldn't be too much of an issue.

This is Comic Homelander, not the amazing TV Show version. He doesn't even know what pain feels like. Also (This point is about TV Show Homelander but whatever), I don't see how struggling to beat someone who is clearly weaker than him makes him superior in skill to someone who can defeat opponents that are clearly stronger than her THROUGH skill. She has ranged weaponry as well so flight shouldn't be too much of an issue.
Oh okay if it's comics I actually haven't read it so I can't say for sure so I take back my vote.

but Buffy will either hold on
Um, the LS difference?
let him move away, knowing she can still close the distance.
Why would she be able to? He can just fly again except according to you, she wouldn't have her scythe.
It's probably just heat but it shouldn't matter since the scythe has reflected more than just conventional lasers.
The problem isn't the strength of the lasers. If they are real lasers, they'd move at the speed of light.

Um, the LS difference?
That doesn't prevent her holding on to stay close while he flies, just as long as she avoids letting him grab her. If he does manage to grab her then he definitely does have a shot at winning.
Why would she be able to? He can just fly again except according to you, she wouldn't have her scythe.
She can still dodge. Her feats of dodging blaster shots and similar weapons mean that Homelander's heat vision isn't all that new to her.
The problem isn't the strength of the lasers. If they are real lasers, they'd move at the speed of light.
I'm pretty sure they're just heat vision, not actually lasers. If they were real light, that would probably be listed in Homelander's profile under the speed section as light speed attacks.

Comic Homelander is less skilled than normal, but even TV Homelander overwhelmed Maeve through power. His punches and movements were clunky and her skill was far superior.

For the big one though, Queen Maeve's skill is decent enough, she at least seems somewhat trained in sword work and martial arts. Buffy however, is an extremely high skill level for her tier. Buffy has skill feats aplenty:

• Outskilled vampires with centuries of combat experience. It should be noted that vampires in Buffyverse seemingly become competent martial artists almost automatically. It should also be noted that Spike and Angel are considered exceptionally skilled even among much older vampires, and yet Buffy is still more skilled.

• Outskilled soldiers who were essentially special forces.

• Outskilled Olaf, a troll who was an almost revered Viking warrior before he became a troll and then spent a thousand years fighting as a troll. She also beat him despite him being stronger than her.

• Beat Caleb who was significantly stronger and tougher than her through sheer skill.

• Is stated to be a trained practitioner of Aikido and Jujitsu, is shown using boxing and kickboxing moves.

• More skilled than Kendra who was ruthlessly trained for about ten years to have techniques Buffy described as "flawless". It should be noted Kendra was outskilled by Drucilla, who was in turn outskilled by Spike, who Buffy in turn outskills.

• Skilled in use of stakes/daggers, swords, staves, axes, crossbows, and improvised weapons.

Last edited:
That doesn't prevent her holding on to stay close while he flies, just as long as she avoids letting him grab her. If he does manage to grab her then he definitely does have a shot at winning.
So she's supposed to hold on to him (which takes both arms) while not allowing him to grab her and dodge heat vision at the same time?! I'm sorry, I know there's a big skill gap but that unrealistic in my opinion.
She can still dodge. Her feats of dodging blaster shots and similar weapons mean that Homelander's heat vision isn't all that new to her
Yeah, but if he's already flying he could just spam it until she gets tired right? I don't know much about Homelander so maybe something doesn't allow him to do that.
I'm pretty sure they're just heat vision, not actually lasers. If they were real light, that would probably be listed in Homelander's profile under the speed section as light speed attacks.
Ok, that's what I was thinking but I just wanted to make sure.

So she's supposed to hold on to him (which takes both arms) while not allowing him to grab her and dodge heat vision at the same time?! I'm sorry, I know there's a big skill gap but that unrealistic in my opinion.
It's only one option. The big point of disagreement on this assessment is that technically she only needs one hand to hold on, and if she can pull herself around behind him she can counter the heat vision. That isn't generally her ideal approach though, and in her own story she rarely does that, and prefers to keep her mobility. Grappling isn't her thing. So I might remove that part from the above post since it's less likely than staying away.
Yeah, but if he's already flying he could just spam it until she gets tired right? I don't know much about Homelander so maybe something doesn't allow him to do that.
He can spam it but she can likewise throw some of her weapons at him. Comparable AP, so she can hurt him that way. The thing is, if Homelander stays up in the air at a great height and keeps blasting, he genuinely can win. It's just that Buffy is used to fighting threatening enemies while Homelander is used to being immune to damage. And since this is comic Homelander, he doesn't tend to keep his distance at all. His approach to a fight is generally to come straight at his enemy and tear them apart.
Ok, that's what I was thinking but I just wanted to make sure.
Fair enough. Typically, if it's light speed attacks, or any kind of attack that is faster than the character themself, it will be listed in the speed section of the character's page as a seperate thing from the character's own speed.

If this was TV Homelander, I wouldn't be so sure, but comic Homelander always goes straight at his opponent to tear them apart, so the chance that he flies (or even slowly walks) straight at Buffy and she just immediately hacks his head off or lodges the blade of the scythe in his face is actually pretty high.

Not only does Homelander take that approach a lot, against both Queen Maeve and Black Noir he approached and did nothing to stop them hitting him first. In Maeve's case he let her hit him and in Noir's case he charged in and got hit straight away. And given Buffy is a really small girl, Homelander will probably assume she's weak.

It's only one option. The big point of disagreement on this assessment is that technically she only needs one hand to hold on, and if she can pull herself around behind him she can counter the heat vision. That isn't generally her ideal approach though, and in her own story she rarely does that, and prefers to keep her mobility. Grappling isn't her thing. So I might remove that part from the above post since it's less likely than staying away.
I'm not gonna respond to this, you already removed it from the above post.
He can spam it but she can likewise throw some of her weapons at him. Comparable AP, so she can hurt him that way. The thing is, if Homelander stays up in the air at a great height and keeps blasting, he genuinely can win. It's just that Buffy is used to fighting threatening enemies while Homelander is used to being immune to damage. And since this is comic Homelander, he doesn't tend to keep his distance at all. His approach to a fight is generally to come straight at his enemy and tear them apart
Yeah but according to you, he would have already had an exchange which would have shown him that he is far less skilled and able to be dangerously hurt by Buffy. It would be idiotic for him to engage at that point. As Obi Wan said "I have the high ground". And Homelander has the highest ground.

The only argument you can make is that Homelander completely disregards the humongous scythe Buffy has been heavily reliant on. It doesn't even take a high level of skill for him to win this battle. Use eye lasers to force her to block and approach. Once you get close enough, rip the scythe away. That's a level of skill that a 7 year old could apply given they had Homelander's powers and were fighting Buffy.

I'm not gonna respond to this, you already removed it from the above post.
Fair enough.
Yeah but according to you, he would have already had an exchange which would have shown him that he is far less skilled and able to be dangerously hurt by Buffy. It would be idiotic for him to engage at that point. As Obi Wan said "I have the high ground". And Homelander has the highest ground.
TV Homelander might try a long range approach, but comic Homelander will likely just throw a tantrum and charge.

Fair enough.

TV Homelander might try a long range approach, but comic Homelander will likely just throw a tantrum and charge.
Homelander can't seriously be THAT stupid can he? I understand he's a hothead but you are basically telling me that he will run lovingly into Buffy's scythe and kiss it as Buffy swings 😭

Homelander can't seriously be THAT stupid can he? I understand he's a hothead but you are basically telling me that he will run lovingly into Buffy's scythe and kiss it as Buffy swings 😭
He was never hurt once in his entire life until he fought Noir. He'll expect the scythe to just bounce off of him or shatter on impact.

He was never hurt once in his entire life until he fought Noir. He'll expect the scythe to just bounce off of him or shatter on impact.
Are you telling me the probability that he just catches her hand and says "not a chance" are 0%? Not even a shoot lasers at each limb until she's paralyzed and then finish the job type of situation? This mf deserved to lose, Buffy FRA 😭

Funny thing is, he did exactly that against Queen Maeve, who admittedly he knew was weaker than him, but when he charged at Black Noir he didn't do anything to stop Noir punching his jaw off. Where TV Homelander has been hurt by his world's Maeve, by Soldier Boy and some others, comic Homelander's experience has been the opposite; right up until Black Noir disassembled him, he never met an attack he could even feel, and it really went to his head.

Back