• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Hokuto no Ken: A few questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Promestein said:
I believe Vivi's calc of Jagi surviving the nuke was somewhere around Town level, as I remember the calc.

Regardless, any calcs should be evaluated and discussed here before they're used.
Well of course it's obvious that we would have to evaluate the calc, I always brushed off the feat as an outlier or something was just off about it. I could never find a legitimate blog calc of it from him.

Prom I never asked you but what did you think of HNK I love hearing thoughts from people who have read it.

Well you know I loved it. The only arc I disliked was the Ryu arc, cause it seemed unnecessary and hamfisted in to continue the story.

Honestly, I don't see why people hate the second half of HnK, it still keep the spirit of the series and expands upon Raoh's influence on the world.

Pts, why most people hated the second half is because all of the manly stuff was gone, Ken almost never did the you are already dead in 3 seconds there was for some reason alot of magic involved and this was supposed to be manly men fighting with martial arts, also after Raoh's death it truly felt as a good closure on the series he was the manliest of them all.

But it still kept all of the aspects from the fist half that made Fist of North Star what it is. And it still kept the manly spirit that we all loved, with the likes of Ein, Falco, Hyoh, Master Juukei, and Kaioh.

The end of the Kaioh arc felt like a good ending, with the Ryu arc being slightly hamfisted in, and the Bat, Lin, Ken stuff being decent closure to the series.

Wait Grudge, the Raoh's precog was anime only wasn't it? Cause in the manga, we just see Raoh close his eyes and then open them and activate his Toki no Aura, no flash involved

PTSOXMONKEY99 said:
Wait Grudge, the Raoh's precog was anime only wasn't it? Cause in the manga, we just see Raoh close his eyes and then open them and activate his Toki no Aura, no flash involved
The anime expands upon that scene(you can tell because as you stated Raoh closes his eyes than opens them knowin exactly what's going on.) also it's no t the only time I've seen that kind of prexog before but I can't remember atm. Nothing about the scene in the anime really contradicts the manga, in fact it goes quite hand to hand. If I have time later I'll find the other scan of that kind of precog.

Grudgeman1706 said:
Prom I never asked you but what did you think of HNK I love hearing thoughts from people who have read it.
I didn't see this until now, hence the wait.

It was fun. I didn't expect anything exceptional from it and didn't get anything exceptional from it. I enjoyed it, though, and that's what counts.

The anime expands upon that scene(you can tell because as you stated Raoh closes his eyes than opens them knowin exactly what's going on.) also it's no t the only time I've seen that kind of prexog before but I can't remember atm. Nothing about the scene in the anime really contradicts the manga, in fact it goes quite hand to hand. If I have time later I'll find the other scan of that kind of precog.

But Raoh doesn't give any indication that he foresaw the attack, his eyes closing was just to show that he was focusing his toki no aura.

I'll wait to see if I kind find anything else though.

@PTSOXMONKEY99 I don't know why they called it magic, like their wasn't any difference to hokuto Ryuken and shinken besides that Ryuken made you evil and go mad, they describe it I guess as becoming a Majin. Because KI is spiritual by nature their life forces were connected to ki in some aspects so if their powers were corrupted, so was their soul is my theory. But other than that theirs no real evidence of magic in the series besides maybe some cosmic deitys potrayed in Souten no Ken.
Well, they actually called it the magical fist because it does have magical properties. But considering you made this in 2017, many things might have changed since then.

Jukei incinerating a Shura through his magical Aura:
Jukei melting a steel door with a Sanskrit incantation:
Jukei using telekenisis based on Magic:
Jukei forcing Hyoh to tell the truth by casting a spell:
Ryuken defeats Jukei using an attack named "magic neutralizing strike":
Kaioh Teleports to site pretty instantly considering the sky went dark suddenly by his arrival:
Kaioh clearly flying his way through his castle:
As you already know, Kaioh bending space-time (space can't be bent without bending time, it also makes sense physically why gravity would be absent):
Again, Kaioh using Telekenisis:
Teleporting again to Schachi's site without even knowing where Shachi is nor the location of Taiseiden:
and again Self-sustenance type 1 through his magical Aura:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back