• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Hokuto no Ken: A few questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I just finished reading Hokuto no Ken (great read, highly recommend) and I have a couple questions about some characters abilities

Precog: Can someone show me the scan where it is stated or shown that Hokuto Shinken/Ryuken users have precog? The only instance of this that I remember is when Kenshiro used that one technique to predict his opponents movements, but that doesn't match the description his precog has.

Spatial Manipulation: Not sure if this has been discussed before, but shouldn't Hokuto Ryuken users have Spatial Manipulation? Kaioh uses this ability to distort space around Kenshiro in their first encounter, and I'm pretty sure one of the Three Generals used a spatial distortion technique to keep themselves from being attacked at one point

Duplication: Anyone mind showing me the scan of this? I think it was used against one of the opponents in the Country of Demons, and then later in the first fight against Kaioh, but I'm not sure

I'd really appreciate some feedback on this

Precog:Hokuto Ryuken gets more of an in depth explain in the prequel of the Hokuto no ken series, Souten no Ken(great read just as amazing as the first) we get an explanation [here.]from Liu Zongwu the master of hokuto Ryuken at the time about how their auras predict the next move of opponents once you enter their aura. that's for hokuto Ryuken. As for the other type of precog we get that from Raohs fight with rei, where we learn that he sees into a future where he challenged Reis danko sokai Ken head on and ends up getting them both killed. So than he proceeds to throw his cape and you the rest(iirc the anime showcase this whole thing I'll post it on your wall or the message you left.)

Spatial Manipulation: I did bring this up long ago but no one agreed with me. Despite the fact I provided the fact that Kenshiro called it spatial distortion, a statement of shachi explain it manipulates space. Kuroyasha(the flying midget guy) saying that anryu Tenha was another dimension where one cannot locate themselves or feel or see anything. Like you pointed out hyoh stating that he wanted space to move Kenshiros hand away from his pressure points. Some visible affects of an ryu Tenha like kaioh bending/refracting light or ki blast when it enters the anryu Tenha dome. Idk not a lot of feedback from it(mostly because no one but me or cross read the manga at the time. So I dropped it and just you know let it die.

Duplication; Kenshiro,Raoh, and their master Ryuken have showcased duplication a couple ones in the manga. [here] here Ken duplicates himself to strike this dude all at once(you can see on the bottom right corner his clones coming back to him). If you go back to the chapters where Raoh fights his faster you'll see Ryuken duplicating himself for this move I can't remember atm(I'll say it later.) but yah he duplicates himself there and you know because of the Broken technique sueicshin(water reflecting spirit) Ken and Raoh and toki basically can copy any move they see once, that's all I can remember off the the top of my head so maybe theirs more evidence.

Anyways I hoped this help and I'm so glad to see another fellow reader(and hopefully fan) of hokuto no Ken.

Precog: Ah, I knew there was something about Rei and Souther's fight that I forgot

Gotta read Fist of the Blue Sky still

Spatial Manipulation: Huh, seems like a missed opportunity. I might make a thread arguing for it in the future.

Duplication I thought that was just an after image thing? Then again, this wouldn't be the first time someone used a crazy ability without announcing it. I remember in the first Raoh and Kenshiro fight, they just randomly started flying, and in the Kenshiro and Han flight, they just started randomly using telekinesis. Huh.

Another thing I'm curious about, and his might just be a translation error, but do Hokuto Ryuken user have magic? Cause there were times were they called their attacks "magic fists" or "he's given up to the magic arts" or something like that.

@PTSOXMONKEY99 I don't know why they called it magic, like their wasn't any difference to hokuto Ryuken and shinken besides that Ryuken made you evil and go mad, they describe it I guess as becoming a Majin. Because KI is spiritual by nature their life forces were connected to ki in some aspects so if their powers were corrupted, so was their soul is my theory. But other than that theirs no real evidence of magic in the series besides maybe some cosmic deitys potrayed in Souten no Ken.

As for their techniques being called magic its linked to the fact hokuto Ryuken messes around with ones mind and the space around them and because hyoh entered the demonic realm becoming a Majin sort of. Idk that's my guess

Huh, guess it is kind of weird. But for real, I'm gonna make a thread arguing for Ryuken users having spatial manipulation. I really can't see why they don't already have it.

Do you think I should separate the whole weightless void and vacuum thing as it's own thing from the spatial manipulation thing?

There are times when they describe the effects of Hokuto Ryuken as creating vacuums and weightless voids, witch don't match up woth spatial disorientation, should that be its own ability, or is it not worth it?

PTSOXMONKEY99 said:
There are times when they describe the effects of Hokuto Ryuken as creating vacuums and weightless voids, witch don't match up woth spatial disorientation, should that be its own ability, or is it not worth it?
I mean its an important ability that anryu Tenha does, however the spatial distortion is more akin to hokuto Ryuken in general rather than just that move. Not really sure what I'd do with it your call.

Also, another quick question, where does the verses Massively Hypersonic+ rating come from? I know the MHS comes from a Raoh calc, but where does the "100% Mode" come from?

PTSOXMONKEY99 said:
Also, another quick question, where does the verses Massively Hypersonic+ rating come from? I know the MHS comes from a Raoh calc, but where does the "100% Mode" come from?
100% mode was the simpler way of the wiki describing hokuto shinkens technique "Tenryu Kokyo ho" or dragon breath technique. It allows any hokuto user to use 100% of their physical capabilities speed strength etc.

Edit: we can talk more on my wall as the convo would astray the purpose of this thread which I believe was fulfilled.

Anyways their MHS + rating comes from a calc linked on kasumi kenshiros page, it got Mach 856 and kasumi and liu performed the feat as a sort of "test" not actually using any of their true power., naturally when one uses tenryu kokyu ho it allows the user to access the other 70% of their full physical capabilities(since at most a based human can only use 30% of their full abilities according to HNK), so their speed and strength gets multiplied(by about 3x) to around High Mach 2000ish when using that technique or in simpler terms going 100% mode.

Ahh, I see. And we can assume that he uses the Tenryu Kokyo Ho when he powers up and does the whole flexing his muscles to brake his shirt thing right? It was an established ability since he fought that demon guy at the prison.

PTSOXMONKEY99 said:
Ahh, I see. And we can assume that he uses the Tenryu Kokyo Ho when he powers up and does the whole flexing his muscles to brake his shirt thing right? It was an established ability since he fought that demon guy at the prison.
Yah when he flexes his shirt out its a good indicator that he's going all out(however it's sometimes just used as a cool way to finish off a boss, the anime abused this a lot.) however the best indicator is that his body actually gets larger and his eyes turn red(or white in the manga lol) sometimes it hard to know when Ken or the others are going 100% because usually their clothes get torn off so indicator, but what I've seen based on the first Kaioh vs Kenshiro fight, Kens body's shows to get enchanced(either he poses or his body just looks larger than normal. A simple way of knowing is just his expressions also really, when he's calm in a fight he's not taking it serious(think hyoh vs Kenshiro) when he's going all out his face really shows it(raoh vs Kenshiro.)

Dialogue also really helps as sometimes it tells us what the characters are feeling. For example if you go back to Falco vs Kenshiro, Kenshiro states in chapter iirc 155 or something that he has no killing intentions against Falco, and also that the punch he threw at Falco 155 page 3 Ken says he wasn't even taking his real power yet. So a lot goes into knowing context about characters, especially this one

Well if the Tenryu Kokyo Ho is an accepted thing, then shouldn't he have a 100% Mode before and after having he seals on Hokuto Shinken lifted?

PTSOXMONKEY99 said:
Well if the Tenryu Kokyo Ho is an accepted thing, then shouldn't he have a 100% Mode before and after having he seals on Hokuto Shinken lifted?
We don't know how strong he is after his seals lift as he gotten so strong even Kaioh wasn't really a match for him anymore also no feats came in except one but it wasn't higher than Kasumis in SNK. As for kasumi he performed his feat at 100% however his seals weren't lifted, and again we have no idea how much stronger either gets when their seals are lifted, they are just much stronger to an unknown degree.

Ah, I see, so how does Tenryu Kokyo Ho work for Kenshiro? Because, iirc; Ken was using the technique when he was fighting Raoh, so does that mean he was at full power when the Small Island feat came out?

PTSOXMONKEY99 said:
Ah, I see, so how does Tenryu Kokyo Ho work for Kenshiro? Because, iirc; Ken was using the technique when he was fighting Raoh, so does that mean he was at full power when the Small Island feat came out?
Tenryu kokyu ho if you remember the descriptions, basically is a secret breathing technique that allows hokuto users to use 100% of their full physical capabilities. As in the hokuto universe, regular humans can only use 30% of their full capabilities, while the technique allows Ken to access the other 70%.

The small island feat was performed by raoh at his life real absolute weakest. He had his chest imploded by Kens punch, just came back from fighting Ken at full power(or so we think until we learn raoh was holding back at the time from kenshrio), than before he even does the move he uses up more of his life force twice. One to power him up long enough to fight Ken a little more, the other was for his final move which Ken beats. Hell the move he busted out for the island punch was the literal last of his energy as he immediately dies after, so he was not at full power by any means.

So the Island level comes from the fact that Raoh performed the small island feat while dying and on his last breath?

PTSOXMONKEY99 said:
So the Island level comes from the fact that Raoh performed the small island feat while dying and on his last breath?
Likely island level yes, the difference between the small island level calc result to island level is not at all far apart, so him in his top condition would be for sure in thst area.

Ahh, I see. Also, has anyone calculated the feat where Ken strikes Falco and causes the sky to split and half? It seems pretty important.

PTSOXMONKEY99 said:
Ahh, I see. Also, has anyone calculated the feat where Ken strikes Falco and causes the sky to split and half? It seems pretty important.
It was calc'd at island level but disagreements among calc members let it to just die. One half thought the calc was accurate, the other was weirded out by how it worked so didn't agree to it.

Edit: so now it's just a good consistent feat for Ken and them.

Do you have the calc on hand? I'd like to see it.

Though, there is the thing where it is revealed the sky was a representation of the split between the Heavenly Emporers?

PTSOXMONKEY99 said:
Do you have the calc on hand? I'd like to see it.

Though, there is the thing where it is revealed the sky was a representation of the split between the Heavenly Emporers?
Well the feat still happens, however that's just the show being symbolic with its characters. Like raohs aura being repented as a raging water and toki as calm stream.

Ahh, still a cool feat though.

Another feat I was wondering was one I saw on a respect that I can't find anymore. In Jagi Gaiden, it was revealed that Jagi was in the thick of the nuclear bombings. Do you think this is worth noting?

You could write it in his Durabilty profile if you want, just remember to leave the real reason his Durabilty is so high.

Funny enough who,e jagi never really hitS hard, he was one hell of s tank

PTSOXMONKEY99 said:
I heard that the feat came in at 8.5 teratons, but I can't find the calc.
I really don't know how they ended with that result. It's on deviant art look for gokuvssuperman117

Yeah I think that's where I saw it. Though? They don't have any links for the calculation, so that seems a bit suspicious.

PTSOXMONKEY99 said:
Yeah I think that's where I saw it. Though? They don't have any links for the calculation, so that seems a bit suspicious.
Apperantly it was calculated by vivi oritner on obd so you could ask him, or his deviant art.

http://classicgameguys.deviantart.com This is his deviant art. Think his OBD is called williamproto could be wrong

I believe Vivi's calc of Jagi surviving the nuke was somewhere around Town level, as I remember the calc.

Regardless, any calcs should be evaluated and discussed here before they're used.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back