• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

High School Sophmore vs High School Senior (Adam Pixton vs Iris Rivera) (GRACE)

Adam Pixton (Hero's Oath) vs Iris Rivera (Post Mortem)

Ground Rules:
  • Speed is equal
  • Both are 7-B (Stage 3 Adam & Base Iris)
  • Fight takes place on the Las Vegas Strip
  • They start 8 meters away from each other
Adam is 50.2 Megatons of TnT & 211,950,000 Tons of Force
Iris is 79.8 Megatons of TnT & 200 Tons of Force
Iris has a 1.6x AP advantage
Adam has a 1,059,750x LS advantage

Who Wins?

Adam Pixton: 0 ()
Iris Rivera: 3 (Another_Council, MintyBoi1, Primal)
Inconclusive: 0 ()
859c089aec1521ffc72737fbf0e54d639384389d_high.webp
cdef1af7a86056c0c97a281631c3e2c9.jpg

Last edited:
In terms of mobility, I would say Iris takes this as she can create these platforms of energy to basically create a form of pseudo-flight to move around the battlefield easier. She can also cancel out some ranged options with her Energy Projection as it comes in the forms of energy beams and slashes from her scythe. I think she would also take the skill department considering how she's managed to impress literal entities older than thousands of years who honed their skills for that same amount of time. She could also tell the strength of her opponents through her ESP, so there's that too to help her gauge Adam's strength.

imo, both are honestly pretty comparable in skill. Adam's best skill feats are being comparable to Liam, who has mastered dozens of martial arts from across the planet, mastered "The 10 degrees of Sollertia fighting" which specializes in training people how to use their abilities in combat to their fullest extent, and became so adept in fighting that he could tell how a fight would go down and the other persons skill simply by looking at their stance. Adam did this his Freshman year when he had less skill than he does now.

In his Sophmore year when he had more training, he nearly instantly mastered precognition and learned how to use it in combat to an insane degree, and was able to surpass Post-Surgery Liam's Analytical Prediction, which could "predict an entire fight within a second, predict his opponents moveset just by glancing at them, and claimed that he could predict what every last cell of Adam's body was going to do during their fight... He also claimed that he knew every single move every fighter was making around him, and that he could tell what their lives were like, what parent they got their sollertia from, and their favorite foods just by observing them fight for only seconds" - Liam's Profile

And going off of his statement saying he knows "all one could realistically learn about fighting in a lifetime of training", I'd say he's on equal footing with her. Judging by Iris's profile, she has immense skill with her scythe, but not as much with fist fighting, which would put her at a disadvantage because Adam could easily disarm her once he realizes that she's immensly skilled with her weapon

I will concede that point then, but at the same time, Iris isn't immediately helpless without her scythe. The guys she did impress were, again, dudes who were thousands of years old honing their skills to the point of perfection without death stopping them since, they are already dead. So in between honing their skills in their weapons, they would've also trained in hand to hand combat. So Iris would have to show some skill in hand to hand combat. Basically, she ain't Ruby Rose without her scythe, but I'm guessing Adam would take it when it comes hand to hand.

But good luck trying to disarm her when she can easily escape into the sky or just kilometers away where she can snipe him from that angle. The moment she understands that Adam is equal in skill to her, she will immediately take the ranged option and start gaining some distance between him and her. She's also still capable of sensing how strong someone is due to her ESP so once she gets a handle, she's gonna understand that facing him head-on will not work.

She can just stat amp herself before using her enhanced speed to escape to a better vantage point and start spamming her already amplified energy blasts, whether it be without her scythe or with it.

So once Iris gets out of range, there won't really be much Adam could do, as his best bet would be to just use his precog to predict incoming attacks and try to close the distance, which would result in Iris just kiting Adam until she eventually puts enough holes in him to kill him.

Adam's best bet would be his precog, as he would be able to sense she's about to run away and could force her to stay in close proximity as Adam doesn't have a lot of long-ranged attacks. He could do this via the joint strings and better LS. Flight won't be a big problem as Adam has faught with ranged flying opponents before so he knows how to counter that, and can move massive gusts of wind with his punches so he could just push her out of the air.

So from what I can tell, Iris wins by outranging Adam and spamming attacks until he gets killed as he has worse range, and Adam wins via keeping Iris close & restraigning her, where he can just strangle her/break her neck/whatever

Pretty much, so the battle mostly depends on who figures out who first. Iris has fought against multiple tricky opponents but this is her first key where she has many fought against most opponents who are generally easy to understand how to work around. Her general strategy does usually revolve around scoping out how her opponent works through ranged attacks in this key as well. So, it’s more likely she would gain distance and start spamming her energy attacks in the first go around. Once she figures out he can follow her, well, she can just amp her speed and get out quicker. Although the stat amp isn’t anything ludicrous to the point of blitzing, she has used it to keep up with opponents using a similar tactic of using the aura amp and try to flee.

If Iris uses her long-ranged attacks early into the fight, Adam could pretty easily deduce that she has ranged options and would know that letting her get too far won't turn out great, and can use his precog to know when she's going to try and gain distance and try to not let her do that.

I guess how long would it take before Iris decides "screw it" and just heads 10 km away to snipe Adam? If she does that, then there won't be much Adam can do. But if Adam figures out that she's a ranged fighter and prevents her from doing that before she does, then Adam has a good chance

Hol on, considering where they are fighting, if Iris manages to get her distance, couldn’t Adam just hide behind all the buildings to get closer safely? I dunno what Iris’ destructive capacity is, nor do I know how in-character it’d be for her to just blow up the whole thing, but that does seem like a good last resort option if Adam needs to get close anywhere.

Even if Iris can sense him, Adam can use his precognition to see any attacks he can’t see coming directly, and if Iris’ stat amps come into play and she can get faster, Adam could probably use any kinetic energy he can absorb to do that himself. (I think, lol, it just says it makes him stronger on his profile, but more force = more velocity, although primal probably knows how the stat amps work better than me)

On the other hand though, if Adam manages to close the distances, the speed amps might still be tricky for him to handle unless he’s fought opponents like this before, and with Iris having instinctive action of her own (Although it sometimes doesn’t activate according to the weakness’ page) would mean that Adam could have problems if that happened.

Feeling neutral rn, depends on how in-character it is for either of them, although Iris is more screwed than Adam is if the latter can grab them. A 1,000,000x difference is a lot, but that’s my thoughts This is a lot like Deku vs Lady Nagant

If Iris uses her long-ranged attacks early into the fight, Adam could pretty easily deduce that she has ranged options and would know that letting her get too far won't turn out great, and can use his precog to know when she's going to try and gain distance and try to not let her do that.

I guess how long would it take before Iris decides "screw it" and just heads 10 km away to snipe Adam? If she does that, then there won't be much Adam can do. But if Adam figures out that she's a ranged fighter and prevents her from doing that before she does, then Adam has a good chance
In terms of how quickly, well, she is pretty good at deducing what to do in certain situations pretty fast. She is capable of producing strategies in the midst of combat after all. So, it wouldn't be too far fetched for her to think "I better get away" the moment she clashes with him once and realizes his overwhelming difference in LS.

Hol on, considering where they are fighting, if Iris manages to get her distance, couldn’t Adam just hide behind all the buildings to get closer safely? I dunno what Iris’ destructive capacity is, nor do I know how in-character it’d be for her to just blow up the whole thing, but that does seem like a good last resort option if Adam needs to get close anywhere.

Even if Iris can sense him, Adam can use his precognition to see any attacks he can’t see coming directly, and if Iris’ stat amps come into play and she can get faster, Adam could probably use any kinetic energy he can absorb to do that himself. (I think, lol, it just says it makes him stronger on his profile, but more force = more velocity, although primal probably knows how the stat amps work better than me)

On the other hand though, if Adam manages to close the distances, the speed amps might still be tricky for him to handle unless he’s fought opponents like this before, and with Iris having instinctive action of her own (Although it sometimes doesn’t activate according to the weakness’ page) would mean that Adam could have problems if that happened.

Feeling neutral rn, depends on how in-character it is for either of them, although Iris is more screwed than Adam is if the latter can grab them. A 1,000,000x difference is a lot, but that’s my thoughts This is a lot like Deku vs Lady Nagant
I just assume Attack Potency is somewhat equivalent to Destructive Capacity, but it's not in-character for her to nuke things outright. Iris has also fought against opponents who can stat amp themselves during mid-combat, so it's not something she would be totally helpless against and she has planned around that. Her energy blasts can go faster if she wishes them too as well, but that is more based on compressing her aura into them to do so. Which usually means forgoing stat amping herself.

Her instinctive action goes a bit funky so it's not really reliable but it would probably allow her to avoid the first few attacks if Adam does do some precog shenanigans, and then not really work for the rest of the fight.

Adam's KE absorbtion just adds more energy to Adam while reducing the damage. This helps with his stamina, increases his punching strength, and lets him use some of his other abilities such as throwing balls of energy, shields, ect. When he gathers enough KE/looses enough KE, he can enter other stages, though that is restricted for VS matches unless stated otherwise.

Instinctive Action is something Adam isn't a stranger too and his Precog has even countered others Instinctive Action such as Liams.

Rayfire brings up a good point of Adam using buildings as cover to close the distance. The problem with this would be if Iris decides to nuke Las Vegas. Another problem is that if Iris can tell that Adam is getting close, she could just run away again, and Adam isn't a stealth master so he'd have to be very smart about his approach to catch her off guard.

Another possible arguement is that Adam's precog could just dodge all of the projectiles, he has dealed with danmaku before and his precog is pretty broken so he might just be able to dodge stuff, though the chances of him crossing the distance before Iris hits him a few times is unlikely. He'll likely be able to survive that though due to Type 2 Immortality

Like I said earlier, Iris can use her ESP to sense his power, and it does somewhat correlate with spiritual wavelengths. So the moment she senses him get near, she stat amps and jumps away. Unfortunately, this key of her doesn’t have anything regarding dealing with precog opponents as she mostly deals with fodder foes in the Afterlife. So it basically just becomes her hitting Adam with amped energy blasts. In my mind, it basically becomes something akin to a war of attrition. Iris can keep going at basically full power for multiple weeks and whatnot so there’s that. I am mostly assuming this as Iris would be able to be able to chip away at Adam in the few chances she has, rinse and repeat.

Like I said earlier, Iris can use her ESP to sense his power, and it does somewhat correlate with spiritual wavelengths. So the moment she senses him get near, she stat amps and jumps away. Unfortunately, this key of her doesn’t have anything regarding dealing with precog opponents as she mostly deals with fodder foes in the Afterlife. So it basically just becomes her hitting Adam with amped energy blasts. In my mind, it basically becomes something akin to a war of attrition. Iris can keep going at basically full power for multiple weeks and whatnot so there’s that. I am mostly assuming this as Iris would be able to be able to chip away at Adam in the few chances she has, rinse and repeat.
Adam wouldn't really have the stamina to keep up with that, so do you want me to count this as a vote for Iris?

Back