• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

High School D×D Discussion Thread #3

Eh, I think Boosted Gear increasing speed is inconsistent. Is there any other instance like that? It might be one of those things in earlier volumes that Ishibumi has forgotten about. Like when Issei and Kiba were sparring in one of the earlier volumes and Issei could barely follow his movements, Issei had to use Jet to improve his speed in short bursts so he'd be comparable to Kiba. If Boost really increases speed to a decent extent, Issei shouldn't have had to use Jet, but rather use Boost a set number of times.

Anytime he wants greater speed, he uses Jet and Knight. Considering how much he uses Boost, I don't think he'd need to do things like switching to Knight forms that have weaker durability if Boost really does increase speed like that. Plus when Boosted Gear and Divine Dividing are explained, they normally talk about only power, at least from what I remember.

@King

Probably, but not necessarily. Mahabali was mentioned to use some special powerful weapons against Indra, which makes sense as he knows he's inferior to Indra. But nobody knew about Balberith and Verrine's strength, which is why everyone was surprised that they defeated Mahabali. So I wouldn't be surprised if Mahabali didn't make use of the weapons he used to cut off Indra's arm against Team Zeno.

Jet is just increasing the output of his armor's thrusters by increasing the demonic power output. It is quite different from using Boost, which increases all stats with a stamina cost and has nasty side effects when overused that can even cause lethal damage to the user. Issei using Boost just for increasing his speed would be counterproductive, too inefficient when compared to using Jet.

Power has generally always meant all the basic specs of a character (when someone is said to be God-class in power that has generally included speed, as far as I know), not only strength or demonic/magic power, and it has been shown to increase both alongside durability. Not increasing speed would feel like an unwarranted "singling out", since it hasn't been shown to increase only one stat.

She has been described by Issei as having a similar bottomless aura like Sirzechs' or Ajuka's, but seeing as how Ajuka's full power hasn't been witnessed by him, it might be a description of its quality rather than magnitude. Like Balberith, she also gave Hades a chill, so the magnitude could be above Hades' own power or at least potentially such, which would make her Top 10 though I don't know if to Heavenly Dragon-class or Sirzechs/Ajuka level.

Can't wait to see Diehauser's peerage. They should dominate the match, but I think Diehauser's unbeaten streak ends here.

Burning Full Fingers said:
About Verrine's power, she's above Heavenly Dragon-class, right?
In their league at least. Balberith should be above.

Boost increase speed. In Volume 9 Ise transform in Knight form and use boost numerous of times to became faster. In CxC he has all Triania pluses so Boost should increase speed as well.

Should Issei get time stop in Juggernaut Drive?

"Shalba tries to draw a magic circle with his remaining leg……. But that leg was "stopped".

"……You stopped it! My leg!"

The eyes on the armour shone red. ………Are you telling me it activated an ability similar to Gasper-kun's Sacred Gear!?"

Yeah, it was explained like ten volumes later.

《That's why I'm telling you that I'm a fraction of Balor's consciousness. I already lost my divinity and only my power of evil remained. The actual Balor was killed by the God Lugh after all. I am Balor but not Balor. I am "Gasper Vladi". Sacred Gears sure are interesting things. They can possess anything from legendary Dragons and monsters to even the power of an Evil God. The God from the Bible who created the Sacred Gears truly must be a terrifying being.》

……I-I don't get it, but it seems like Sensei does understand so he nods his head saying, "I get it now~".

W-Well, I will ask him to explain it to me in a simpler way afterwards.

"What did you mean when you said I should have known just before?"

《When you went berserk, the kin of the Old Maou did get his time stopped for a moment right? That's because I got myself linked with your sights. See, just like this—》

—!

What I'm seeing now instantly changes. Hey, am I looking at……myself!? What appears in my sight is myself! Myself in my armor form!

《Just now, I changed my sights with yours. That's why you can see that scenery through my eyes.》

……W-Wow…… S-So he can even do such a thing. If I think about it, I did hear that I used an ability that is like Gasper's against Shalba when I went berserk using Juggernaut Drive at him. Though I thought that was a part of Sekiryuutei's hidden powers…… So Gasper's power awakened along with Sekiryuutei's power.

Should we rename Koneko to Shirone?

Also, in Slash Dog 2, Vali resisted the effects of Kouki's electricity with his aura so should he get a resistance to that?

It's confirmed that Gods can revive through human faith so we can add it from now on.

As Rias said, we couldn't destroy the Gods easily. Previously, when the evil Norse God Loki came to attack us, we couldn't destroy him as well, so it ended with his capture. …Although, one of the factors was that our power at that time wasn't enough to destroy him. There were also cases where a God could be revived after being defeated if the humans had faith in them. After eating a cookie, Koneko-chan said to me.

"…It's probably best if we seal that skeleton God."

Christianity has a lot of believers, so God of the Bible must have died in a bad way...

I like the way Ishibumi write Shin 1. Explain main things again. For example again mention that demonic power (Maryoku) and magic (Maho) it's too different things in DxD (because Maryoku could also be translated as Magic Power but DxD use "Maho Chikara" for it and Maryoku for Demonic Power)

I can't wait for Ingvild "boosted" song:

That day, I woke up into this world

Akin to a daybreak The lonely me kept wandering

And finally was able to meet you

Our meeting

Repainted my world With infinite dreams and illusions

Will holding out this throbbing chest

Bring satisfaction to you? I want to dance near you

Like a dragon dances in the sky

The red armour will turn a pure white world around me Into deep crimson with a blood-like crimson colour

My chest is filled with crimson I want to always stay awake like this

That day, the one who called out to me

Was wounded you A fateful meeting

Even if it was just a coincidence at first

Our meeting with you

Repainted my everything With burning love and affection

By sticking out this chest filled with love

Without a doubt, you will be able to become stronger

Like devil listens to a wish I want to see your dream

A black armour is made of a miracle

Surely, even the God of fate won't be scared

Because the depths of my heart are filled With love that'll never wane, to you and only you

By holding out this throbbing chest I want you to be relieved I want to spend peaceful days Like a dragon soars through dimension

Infinite desires shining in deep crimson

Will satisfy us

No matter who is in your heart, I'm fine with it If you are beside me, even when I wake up

Not really important, but I was rereading some parts of Volume 7 and I might have found something for Issei's unspecified level of resistance to heat. The possessor of Flame Shake can use white flames and Issei referred to it as "rather cold than hot". I discovered that white flames are 4990C ~ 5730C, so we can use that for his heat resistance.

Plus Ddraig resisted Typhon's enhanced natural lightning bolt without any negative effects and natural lightning is hotter than the sun.

By the way, can we talk about the difference in strength between Pseudo DxD and True DxD? It's making me a bit confused. True DxD was shown to be Heavenly Dragon-class in Volume 21. In Volume 22, it was said that Pseudo DxD is significantly weaker than True DxD. But in Volume 23, Issei and Ddraig say that in terms of raw power, Pseudo DxD would not lose to Crom who is a bit stronger than Heavenly Dragon-class and it'd be a good match if not for the time limit. In Volume 24, Ddraig says Pseudo DxD wouldn't lose to DxD L Vali in some aspects. Then in Volume 25, Issei says Ddraig is perhaps superior to his Pseudo DxD. If Ddraig was much stronger, Issei would have flat out said so.

Isn't there a contradiction to be seen here? Several things point to Pseudo DxD being Heavenly Dragon-class, despite the initial statement that it's much weaker than True DxD which was shown to be Heavenly Dragon-class. It could be just Ishibumi changing stuff again, but I really don't see a big difference between Pseudo DxD and True DxD based on some showings and statements thus far.

Also, I would like for AxA to be around the level of the pillar gods in Hindu mythology.

Likely True-DxD is superior to Heavenly Dragon-class, or maybe on a very upper end of it (maybe retconned). Unlike many other of his fights, Issei didn't really have to go about the Apophis fight with any thinking or plans such as with Euclid and Vidar, etc. He just fought him directly and won without lasting injuries, going by how he could fight the Core perfectly afterward. All of this after being grievously injured by Apophis prior to using True-DxD at all.

Also, going by Crom Cruach vs Vali, Crom is still Heavenly Dragon-class. He's somewhat above Ddraig and Albion but not an entire class above them, much like how Grayfia and Serafall are both Maou-class but only Serafall is the strongest female Devil.

On the topic of AxA, I would feel more comfortable if it was something like a mode to alternate to which is also on par with Pseudo-DxD but with a somewhat different advantage set, much like how Yuuto can alternate between Balance Breakers. Otherwise it will very likely require some asspulls for Vali to keep being a meaningful archrival.

Yeah change his staff again. Like he always do. Plus Pseudo form don't have Power of Infinity.

Grayfia and Serafall are equal and in Zero it was been shown cleary. They both Maou-class (strong) or Above Maou-class called it as you wish. They could fight agains Gods and could defeat non combat type Gods like Diehauser in World Tournament.

AxA litteraly said to be far more powerfull even in compare with True DxD G lol.

If Serafall and Grayfia were equal then Serafall wouldn't be called the strongest female Devil (and they are Maou-class. I don't know where the above Maou-class comes from). Also, being able to fight on par with someone does not mean you have exactly the same strength. For example, Vali fought equally with Crom Cruach.

And when was AxA said to be more powerful than True-DxD? It was only stated to be a possible new power from Great Red's potential in Issei's body. You even said "literally", so I would prefer a quote on that regard.

They fought in Zero on equal. Grayfia even have better feats in LN. They above Maou class because all current Maou are significally stronger than previous Maou (first). It was been stated in Zero. I didn't say they equal no the Gods. They equal to nom combat type Gods in terms of raw power (in battle skills they ofc far better). Example: Bedeze is Maou-class but he himself stated that Diehauser is far stronger (Diehauser in league of Falbium, Serfall and Grayfia)

In Volume 23 Ajuka litteraly said that after Ise return to True DxD he will be able to reach "even more powerfull form - AxA" Raws: ÒÇîÒéóÒéÁÒé╝Òâ½ÕëìþÀÅþØúÒüîµÅÉÕö▒ÒüùÒüªÒüäÒüƒÒé¡ÒâƒÒü«Õèø——BXBÒÇüCXCÒÇüDXDÒÇüÒüØÒü«ÕàêÒü½ÒüéÒéïÕñë ÕîûÒÇüÒüéÒéïÒüäÒü»Õ«┐ÒüúÒüªÒüäÒüƒÒééÒü«ÒÇé『Õñëþò░Òü«ÚºÆ』8ÕÇïÒéÆÒâòÒâ½Òü½µ┤╗þö¿ÒüÖÒéïÒü«Òü¬ÒéëÒÇüÒé¬Òâ╝ÒâòÒéúÒé╣ Òü«ÕèøÒü¿Òé░Òâ¼Òâ╝ÒâêÒâ¼ÒââÒâëÒü«ÕèøÒÇüÒüØÒü«õ©íµû╣ÒéÆÞºúµö¥ÒüÖÒéîÒü░ÒÇü『Ú¥ìþÑ×Õîû』ÒéÆþäíþÉåÒü¬Òüŵë▒ÒüåÒüôÒü¿ÒééÒüº ÒüìÒéïÒüáÒéìÒüåÒüùÒÇüÒüòÒéëÒü¬ÒéïÕèø——AXAÒÇéÒüØÒéîÒüîÒüèÒüØÒéëÒüÅÒÇü 『þäíÚÖÉÒü«Ú¥ìþÑ×』Òü¿『þ£ƒÒü¬ÒéïÞÁñÚ¥ìþÑ×Õ©Ø』Òü«ÚûôÒüºþöƒÒü¥ÒéîÕñëÒéÅÒüúÒüƒÒé¡ÒâƒÒü«Õ©░þÁÉÒüÖÒéïÒü╣Òüìþ¡öÒüêÒüáÒÇì

They have been always called Maou-class, though, never above it. A class is not a set value, it's a range of values close to each other. And once again, fighting equally does not necessarily mean exactly equal strength, it just means the strength is close. I even gave an example to illustrate it. Another example, Yuuto keeping up with Issei during their training matches.

On AxA, my bad. So sad, Vali will be left so hard behind.

Question if Psudo DxD doesn't resist power nullification why isn't it noted on issei's profile? Since it lists Psudo DXD as having it.

Back