• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

High 8-C Tournament (Round 1, Match 8) Kirito VS Scorpion

Both are High 8-C (SAO Aincrad Kirito and Second Tournament Scorpion are used)

Speed Equalized

If unbalanced, let me know.

Kirito:

Scorpio: 6 (Edwardtruong2006, DMUA, Buttersamuri, Ecstasy Amphetamine, Stalker Maggot, Ionliosite)

Inconclusive:

Alright here we go

Scorpion was 3.4 Tons, Kirito is vastly superior to baseline

Scorpion's also way more skilled, I'd think. Teleportation and pseudo flight also grant him an advantage along with the AP. Plus if things ever get tough he can just throw Kirito into the Netherrealm.

Scorpion wins overall, I'd think.

Way more skilled? I recall Kirito having way way more abundant skill feats. Like fight with knights who have been fighting for like hundreds of years.

Aincrad Kirito? I don't remember him doing anything like that. Noone in SAO's lived for hundreds of years.

The integrity knights have lived for hundreds of years because they're frequently in stasis and don't fight all the time. And even then, that's a bit after Kirito's time in SAO

It may have been a different key. Let me check. This is just something I was hearing from someone on another thread

The best Kirito has in this key is his kendo granddad and being one of the best players in SAO, and I dunno how that stacks up to scorpion

All the Integrity Knights, who are below Kirito, have lived for hundreds of years.

Last I checked, Integrity Knights aren't in Sword Art Online. They're Underworld.

> tfw there's another High 8-C tournament and nobody told me.

There isn't really much to elaborate on, Scorpion has a bit more skill and tricks up his sleeve, so I'll go for them

The fact I didn't see this makes me a little frustrated.

Anyways: Sword Skills

Very important considering how kirito is vastly superior than baseline.

2: Incarnation Every key had it

3: Immo type 2 & Regent That still exists and would prove to be useful in this fight

3:Status effects Kirito can inflict those, especially slow movement if he hits with enough strong skills

4: Skill Every Kirito has vast amount of skill. In SAO when any hit could prove fatal, you always have to be on guard and ready. This kirito is extra careful when fighting any opponent and can analyze and predict the next attack from very simple things like heart beat or stance.

Big F on how there's no supporters for kirito that care much anymore, I think it's tier 4. Anyways if this was still going I'd vote kiri

Incarnation doesn't exactly do much besides make an impossible situation possible which doesn't particularly help against someone who is vastly more experienced and skilled than Kirito.

Scorpion also has type 2 immortality but it doesn't particularly matter if Scorpion can just toss Kirito into the Netherrealm.

Kirito is skilled no doubt it, but at this point in Aincrad he only has around 2 years on his belt while Scorpion is a trained immortal assassin who's fought with grandmasters and is the best of his clan.

Years of experience can matter in some cases dependent on the context of their years. But really. Skill feats >>>>> experience

Someone could fight on the streets for years upon years of their life. And another guy who is trained in martial arts for a year to less still could whoop him via knowing how to fight better

As someone who personally knows people that train in martial arts, I can say that the above is 100% not true. Experience builds skills other than the technical technique of a martial artist. Where to place a shot, when to place a shot, how to spot an opening, how to read what the opponent will do are all skills that usually mean more than "can I throw a punch in the most effective manner." And even that can be obtained, quite simply, from experience. Skill in an art does not equate to experience in using that art. Whereas experience using it does. Someone who has trained in martial arts for ten years, yet has not been in a single fight, could most certainly be defeated by someone who has been "fighting on the streets" for two to three years. The martial artist would have to become accustomed to using their skills to fight, whereas the brawler would not. This is a huge advantage

Not that this matters here, since both Kirito and Scorpion have years and experience. But generally speaking, the logic above is actually untrue.

Back