• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

High 8-C Tournament (Round 1, Match 2) Fanbeemon VS The Collector

Yes it is Summoning though, check the profile, check the description, This wikia doesn't put things on profiles because of non-literal abilities. You just looking at one video from one game, I wouldn't judge the Collector of of one scene so why would you do the same now. So no summoning isn't useless and you are wrong.

She isn't dodging attacks from a whole group of Fanbeemon. Especially since they are rapid fire.

Speed is equalized, so? Even if it is to her he can outrun it in time since he has time to react to the bullet being aimed and fired and would be Supersonic. So yeah he is outrunning the AOE.

So in conclusion all of your points are wrong and you should be ashamed for having them.

• Yes it is Summoning though, check the profile, check the description, This wikia doesn't put things on profiles because of non-literal abilities. You just looking at one video from one game, I wouldn't judge the Collector of of one scene so why would you do the same now. So no summoning isn't useless and you are wrong.
God damn, show an instance where Fanbeemon literally summons other Fanbeemons

https://dmowiki.com/FanBeemo

"Calls its worker bee friends and attacks the opponent together"

https://digimon.fandom.com/wiki/FanBeemo

Hachi Hachi Call (88 Call)[5]: Reddens its antennae and contacts its allies, summoning a huge crowd of its comrades.

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/TigerVespamo

88 Call: Uses its antennae to summon crowds of its allies.

He's calling Fanbeemons for help, which are non-existent in NEW YORK, CENTRAL PARK aka REAL LIFE; get some glasses

• She isn't dodging attacks from a whole group of Fanbeemon. Especially since they are rapid fire.
Useless point due to misinformation

• Speed is equalized, so? Even if it is to her he can outrun it in time since he has time to react to the bullet being aimed and fired and would be Supersonic. So yeah he is outrunning the AOE.
What are you even saying, say something that makes sense

• So in conclusion all of your points are wrong and you should be ashamed for having them.
All of your points listed above are asinine and the votes should be cleared

Fanbeemon's advantages

AP/Durability - 7.4 Tons / 1.5 Tons more than the opponent
Flight - Is a bee so he can fly
Summoning - Technically useless in this match-up as he can only call other Fanbeemons which are non-existent in real life / Central Park, New York
Paralysis - Any of his attacks; only has 10% chance of happening
The Collector's advantages

AP/Durability - 5.9 Tons / 1.5 Tons less than the opponent
Flight - Rides on the carriage of the Donkey to fly
Summoning - Can summon 6 others which scale to 5.9 Tons who have their own moves
Transmutation - Any hit from the bullet shower will turn those hit into bubbles
Forcefield Creation - Nulls Fanbeemon's "a few meters" long-range attacks which will probably force him to go close-range
Portal Creation - Can create a portal to retreat to just in case she and the others even get injured
Range - Outranges Fanbeemon by dozens of meters, Fanbeemon has garbage Range / Melee Range, A few meters with projectiles

He's literally at a disadvantage except AP, in which he's above by 1.5 Tons, a difference that's not too important since there are 6 others who are 5.9 Tons who can deal enough damage anyways due to number advantage

00potato said:
So in conclusion all of your points are wrong and you should be ashamed for having them.
Woah, calm down. This isn't cool.

After some thought, I'm more inclined to side with Collector. Since there's no existing showing of Fanbeemon's ability to literally be summoning and so would have to call for help, if for the sake of the matchup, the worlds are connected and so other Fanbeemons could respond to the call, it'd still take some time for them to come over. By the time they arrive, fighting a 6v1 for Fanbeemon might be too much for it

@00potato

Chill the heck out. That was entirely unnecessary, extremely disrespectful, and you need to drop that kind of attitude.

So are the Votes for Fanbeemon still valid or not?

If so, just let him pass since he still has like 5 Votes over the Collector's 2 Votes so the others don't have to wait for this match-up to conclude just to make the next Round

If this match will get added to their Profiles though, I'll have to request removing it (Since I still think the Collector would win)

ZackMoon1234 said:
So are the Votes for Fanbeemon still valid or not?
If so, just let him pass since he still has like 5 Votes over the Collector's 2 Votes so the others don't have to wait for this match-up to conclude just to make the next Round

If this match will get added to their Profiles though, I'll have to request removing it (Since I still think the Collector would win)
Just here to drop my 2 cents on this, Basically, the summoning in DMO does not say summoning, yet Fanbee summons other ones to his side to use the ability, even in area's where Fanbee doesnt exist, hence summoning.

In the fandom/wikimon description for the ability, it specifically states summoning fanbee's to his side, Something like that is not far out for digimon, we've seen Digimon create holes in reality to appear at any place and any time, we see it in tri, we see it in savers, frontier, adventure, even xros wars. The idea of Fanbee's not existing in tokyo is a moot point if this fight is in tokyo, as that would mean Fanbee exists there.

Whilst im still abit neutral on this, forcefields would most likely get taken out due to AP difference, summons will get hoarded out, and the bullets/explosions wont hit due to outspeeding them and small size, the few metre's range doesnt matter if he can summon a good dozen or so more of himself, all depends on what we define his summoning amount as. And even then he can just summon more, digimon are rarely limited on how they use their ability

• Just here to drop my 2 cents on this, Basically, the summoning in DMO does not say summoning, yet Fanbee summons other ones to his side to use the ability, even in area's where Fanbee doesnt exist, hence summoning.
Wait, so 88 Call is an ability specifically from DMO?

From 00potato himself: "Masters isn't really mainline canon, so why are you using it? It is an MMO adaptation. Compare his size in an actual game or the anime."

Why even merge canon and noncanon abilities together, even then there's no official description of the ability and as I pointed out above it's not part of his official ability - https://youtu.be/3o89_18Tw1Y?t=10

And as you can see here, it doesn't even look like he's specifically "summoning" other bee friends - https://youtu.be/2RIZf2HsiU0?t=30

You can see him "summon" another bee who I'll call 1 while being away from 1 who is near his opponent, then they assault the opponent together. But do you notice that Fanbeemon is far away while 1 is near the opponent while they're attacking him? If anything, that's some limited Illusion Creation with Puppetry; since after all do you really expect Fanbeemon to somehow damage his opponent from afar with his own hands when there's a concept called distance between them

But my points are moot since it's an ability from Masters which isn't really mainline canon as told by 00potato himself

• In the fandom/wikimon description for the ability, it specifically states summoning fanbee's to his side
This is moot due to the above comment and anyways, 2 out of 3 Wikis specifically says he calls his friends, which is false since he only calls 1 but oh well

https://dmowiki.com/FanBeemo

"Calls its worker bee friends and attacks the opponent together"

https://digimon.fandom.com/wiki/FanBeemo

Hachi Hachi Call (88 Call)[5]: Reddens its antennae and contacts its allies, summoning a huge crowd of its comrades.

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/TigerVespamo

88 Call: Uses its antennae to summon crowds of its allies.

• Something like that is not far out for digimon, we've seen Digimon create holes in reality to appear at any place and any time, we see it in tri, we see it in savers, frontier, adventure, even xros wars. The idea of Fanbee's not existing in tokyo is a moot point if this fight is in tokyo, as that would mean Fanbee exists there.
A Digimon having an ability doesn't somehow mean another Digimon has an ability such as that or one that's a psuedo of it. This fight isn't in Tokyo, it's in Central Park, New York and as of March 2, 2020, there has been no sighting of a real life Fanbeemon in Tokyo, Japan, much less Earth itself

• forcefields would most likely get taken out due to AP difference, summons will get hoarded out, and the bullets/explosions wont hit due to outspeeding them and small size
The difference is 1.5 and the Collector's scaling chain is being easily above Rankers who could easily defeat the Blood Shura who is arguably equal to Xiao Si Ta Ya who performed the 5.9 Ton feat

The Collector's (Over 1 Billion Mark) > Rankers (Over Millions Mark) > (Blood Shura)  Xiao Si Ta Ya

That's even implying that Fanbeemon with a 50 cm - 1 m Range by himself with a few meters with projectiles could hit the Collector and co. His few meters with projectiles probably ain't hitting them since the Collector can just play the long-range game with her tens of meters range so while he's out there deploying his projectiles which is hitting no one due to his paltry range, the Collector can just turn him into a bubble if any of her shit hits from afar

That's not even taking Cerberus with his Energy Beam into consideration in which it seems to be bigger than a ship - https://i.imgur.com/kaNHmLQ.jpg https://i.imgur.com/JE3B1Y8.jpg

Fanbeemon is getting outranged badly while not being able to hit his enemies and even if he decides to go close-range, he'll have to get close while also being cautious (which he won't know about) towards the Transmutation and also the others and their abilities

• the few metre's range doesnt matter if he can summon a good dozen or so more of himself, all depends on what we define his summoning amount as. And even then he can just summon more, digimon are rarely limited on how they use their ability
I already pointed the Range and Summonings above

Zack brought better arguments for Collector to win than what Fanbeemon has/or can do versus her. So I think she will likely take this match. Vote for The Collector.

Fanbeemon: 5 (00potato, Buttersamuri, I'm Blue daba dee daba die, NotoriouSoda, Roachman40)

The Collector: 6 (GoldenScorpions, ZackMoon1234, Zaratthustra, Risca-viragosi, Jackythejack, Lord JJJ)

Inconclusive:

Isn't actually grace yet as there isn't a 3 point lead on one side. Getting to 7 doesn't start grace. But I'll switch to collector which puts Fanbeemon down one and Collector 8. Which starts grace

I will admit that Collector takes this, however, the case of summoning still stands, You continue to Quote the DMO wiki, which is why i brought it up in the first place, As for why it's summoning, on 3 Wiki's it states summoning, Wikimon, here on Vsbattle, and on The fandom wiki, therefore it is summoning, if you wish to change it, that'd be for a CRT im pretty sure

An Insect Digimon that belongs to the mysterious "aerial, covert honey base, Royal Base". Although its daily life differs from that of other Insect Digimon, it is a strong, dedicated worker due to its personality being so cheerful. It always gets along with Plant Digimon like Palmon or Lilimon. Because the base is usually under construction, it has the duty of carrying home data left on fields of flowers or vegetation, little by little, to use as raw materials, causing it to be classified as a Virus-species. Also, because the base is defended by powerful Digimon, making it impossible to approach, the goal of that construction is a mystery at present. Its Special Move is rapid-firing tiny, serrated stingers (Gear Stinger). Also, because a huge crowd of its comrades are summoned when it uses its "88 Call", in which it reddens the antennae on its head and contacts its allies, it would be wisest to just run away.

So..?

Summon can mean that you literally called someone over. When your boss calls you to go in to him, your boss summoned you.

I am trying to understand the issue as the context is quite obvious that he calls his allies from somewhere in the Digital World. Unless it's specified in the OP that there is a nest in the current location 88 Call is useless unless fighting in the Digital World. He's summoning them in a way that he'd acting like a social insect, i.e sends a message to other members of the colony who proceed to fly to the area to help him take down his foe. But considering they are in literally 2 different worlds, this isn't a viable skill unless what I said above is put in the OP.

Now, I am not understanding the DMA and WIkia argument is coming from. We use Wikimon first and foremost for our information as it collects all the information relevant to making profiles along with sources and official translations of Reference Book entries. Also, this canonicity argument shouldn't be used as Masters is also just as viable as any other source for Digimon.

btw, I don't know if anything here is going to change the outcome, but make sure ya'll pay attention to the Digimon Physiology page...Digimon in general have a ton of abilities that are put into here.

actually we do have one instance that shows fanbeemon after its summoned some allies- and the entire premise here that they have to be other fanbeemons is a bit off. masters points out that fanbeemon summons other bee digimon... but thats not limited to just fanbeemon. this official art here shows him teaming up with flymon (a champion digimon) and honeybeemon (an armor digimon)

https://wikimon.net/images/2/20/Terriermon_joshu_honeybeemon_funbeemon_flymon_digimonweb.png

id presume that means fanbeemon could team up with some tigervespamon if theyre nearby (i do agree with the other guys that this shoulnd't be seen as summoning. the point of the royal base is that there's millions of bee digimon living in there)

in the manga, a massive group of fanbeemon attack the main characters but most of them are killed by agumon and gaomon. (so I guess in that instance the fanbeemons all teamed up like the profile mentions) so fanbeemon do attack in large groups... a single fanbeemon can't really do anything on its own, their thing is to team up in groups and beat the shit out of the enemy (and if youre being stung by 100 fanbeemons... the 10% chance basically becomes irrelevant since thats 10% for each one) and even then, theyre pretty weak since a large group gets taken out by just two digimon

also note that the attack actually states in the DRB that it calls its allies, and that it is also friends with palmon and lillymon.

Yes, Masters is canon

its an officially licensed game where they get approval from bandai japan to include monsters and storyline content. also recently theyve been adding the same digimon as other games in the same week (rearise, and links when it was up), showing that theyre very clearly working alongside the mobile game staff. when links added x forms, masters added the same ones. when rearise added megidramon, masters did the same week.

Marcusbwfc said:
Yes, Masters is canon
its an officially licensed game where they get approval from bandai japan to include monsters and storyline content. also recently theyve been adding the same digimon as other games in the same week (rearise, and links when it was up), showing that theyre very clearly working alongside the mobile game staff. when links added x forms, masters added the same ones. when rearise added megidramon, masters did the same week.

Wait, this is digimon??

I thought this was about KFP and he was talking about "Secrets of the Masters"

Back