• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

High 4-C Durability for Percy Jackson

This upgrade specifically applies to Curse of Achilles Percy. Since we know true invulnerability is a NLF, I think his durability should be possibly High 4-C.

Hermes is relative to the other gods, who can create constellations while weakened (via Artemis’s feat). Hermes is mad at Percy and attempts to punish him, but then he says he can’t because of his curse.

Now, this can be interpreted as Hermes not being allowed to harm Percy, and that it’s the Fates’ job to do so. However, I think you can argue that it’s Hermes lack of capability to harm Percy. Due to the confusion, I suggest a “possibly High 4-C” rating.

Since we know true invulnerability is a NLF
True Invulnerability is not an NLF, it's an ability

@Ant

There's obviously going to be limits on everything, but I don't think it's good to pigeon-hole everything under the idea that invulnerability is absolute or it's not.

I hate to beat a dead horse, but the Achilles example still stands. It's explicitly stated to work based on the fact that it can't be bypassed without a divine weapon, divine blood, or otherwise divine attack irrespective of force. Obviously, someone who is infinitely stronger will obviously still stomp him, but it's still outright invulnerability.

There's also lesser forms of invulnerability. The Curse of Achilles from the Riordan series prevents all conventional exterior wounds as well damage to the bone and tissue. But the gods imply that it's not absolute in that Hestia was able to use the divine flames of her hearth to burn Luke Castellan, who had the curse at the time, and that the river gods were tempted to try and electrocute Percy Jackson when he had the curse.

It's still invulnerability, but it's not the same as "nigh-invulnerable" in that they're not merely resistant to damage but incapable of receiving conventional wounds.

His invulnerability isn’t absolute tho. Doesnt that mean we can provide an estimate for how much it protects him
Invulnerability with the Curse of Achilles (With the exception of his weak spot on the rear of his back opposite his navel, Percy will not be able to suffer any sort of laceration, stab wound, or blunt force trauma)

If you want to elaborate on the justification to list out specific things that could harm him, go ahead.

But his ability works mainly as invulnerability.

If you want to elaborate on the justification to list out specific things that could harm him, go ahead.

But his ability works mainly as invulnerability.
  • Was specified by the Hudson gods that they could electrocute him
  • Can still be harmed by some divine attacks like being smitten

• Was specified by the Hudson gods that they could electrocute him
  • Can still be harmed by some divine attacks like being smitten
Others have more conditional invulnerability, such as one that just prevents harm from conventional weaponry, but can be easily circumvented by supernatural abilities.

Is electricity not a form of conventional harm?

Is electricity not a form of conventional harm?
It counts as dura neg in certain cases, especially in a series which mimics real life.

He still has a spot where he can be harmed, a place on his back. His insides will be fried if he gets harmed there.

It counts as dura neg in certain cases, especially in a series which mimics real life.

He still has a spot where he can be harmed, a place on his back. His insides will be fried if he gets harmed there.
Since his invulnerability isn’t uniform on his entire body, I think it should also be specified. I also don’t see the harm in specifying the AP/dura of a hax ability.

For example, Arthur from 7DS has it listed “High 4-C with Reality Warping”

Since his invulnerability isn’t uniform on his entire body, I think it should also be specified.
Weaknesses: He highly values the lives of his allies and will sacrifice himself for them. His battle instincts make him headstrong, impulsive, and hot-blooded. When he had the Curse of Achilles he would die if struck in a place on his back that was just above navel height, but the curse has since been removed. As a demigod, he can be slain by both conventional and supernatural weapons. Using his demigod powers extensively drains his stamina
I also don’t see the harm in specifying the AP/dura of a hax ability.

For example, Arthur from 7DS has it listed “High 4-C with Reality Warping”
Cause this doesn't have a tier. It's not as simple as higher durability.

Why would reality warping have a tier either then, logically?
Because reality warping actually can be quantified on occasion.

Someone who can warp the reality of a brick wall and can't do it for a universe needs that specified.

You're trying to say "High 4-C with Invulnerability" when Invulnerability doesn't have a tier

Because reality warping actually can be quantified on occasion.

Someone who can warp the reality of a brick wall and can't do it for a universe needs that specified.

You're trying to say "High 4-C with Invulnerability" when Invulnerability doesn't have a tier
If invulnerability doesn’t have a tier, how would Percy do against someone vastly superior to him in a fight? Does invulnerability not have a limit

I disagree with any kind of tier 4 rating. I mean, the curse gives him limited invulnerability. I think it's honestly as simple as that

Back