• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

High 3-A and, Low 2-C

I'm a bit confused about those tiers (even after reading them), so for High 3-A, does it mean destroying only 3d space and not time? and for Low 2-c

" Characters who are capable of significantly affecting[1], creating and/or destroying an area of space that is qualitatively larger than an infinitely-sized 3-dimensional space. "

does it mean by a higher spatial dimension (so 4d space +time=5d ) or just space-time (3 spatial dimensions and 1 temporal dimension=4d as we know) also destroying space would also destroy time am I right? and finally how does stacking multiple infinite boosts would affect those tiers? (for example, let us say I'm low 2-C and get 4 boosts that are each infinite in power) one ultimate question, do you need to be a higher dimensional being just to exist or to be in a higher dimension?

Thank you.

This is a double post, so I better close one of the threads. I might answer later though.

Well space and time, aren't actually differentiated that's the reason. They're both spacetime dimensions, so yes 4D spatial + 1D temporal, would count for 5D.

As for the Low 2-C and 3-A. You can think of the difference as 3-A is a universe, but Low 2-C is the timeline. Usually 3-A would be destroying all the matter in the universe or whatever, but Low 2-C would be destroying the whole 4D space-time manifold, as in all the universe in all the past, present and future.

High 3-A means destroying any infinitely-sized object in 3-D space, or outputting infinite energy in some other way. This can include destroying an infinite universe.

Low 2-C means space-time, it's generally achieved by just destroying a timeline in its entirety.

Destroying everything in space wouldn't destroy time. And destroying all of the space itself technically wouldn't have to destroy time, it'd just be time over no space.

We don't allow multipliers to jump from Low 2-C to 2-C, 2-B, 2-A, etc. It's impossible to judge what multiplier stronger you need to be to destroy 2 timelines if you've destroyed 1; since we can't quantify it we don't include it.

I don't really understand your last question, but answering some things it might be. Higher tiers don't have to be reached through higher dimensional beings, and higher tiers can be reached if the space is higher-dimensional, even if no higher-dimensional beings exist in it.

High 3-A means destroying any infinitely-sized object in 3-D space, or outputting infinite energy in some other way. This can include destroying an infinite universe.

Low 2-C means space-time, it's generally achieved by just destroying a timeline in its entirety.

Destroying everything in space wouldn't destroy time. And destroying all of the space itself technically wouldn't have to destroy time, it'd just be time over no space.

We don't allow multipliers to jump from Low 2-C to 2-C, 2-B, 2-A, etc. It's impossible to judge what multiplier stronger you need to be to destroy 2 timelines if you've destroyed 1; since we can't quantify it we don't include it.

I don't really understand your last question, but answering some things it might be. Higher tiers don't have to be reached through higher dimensional beings, and higher tiers can be reached if the space is higher-dimensional, even if no higher-dimensional beings exist in it.
So destroying space itself wouldn't destroy time ? how so ? . For the last question I wanted to know you (for exemple) being a lower-dimensional being can you exist in a higher-dimensional space without actually being a higher dimensional being ?

Well space and time, aren't actually differentiated that's the reason. They're both spacetime dimensions, so yes 4D spatial + 1D temporal, would count for 5D.

As for the Low 2-C and 3-A. You can think of the difference as 3-A is a universe, but Low 2-C is the timeline. Usually 3-A would be destroying all the matter in the universe or whatever, but Low 2-C would be destroying the whole 4D space-time manifold, as in all the universe in all the past, present and future.
So to be clear , is you destroying space-time quantify for low-2-c does that mean you have 5d (4d space + time) level of power ? or just 4d (3d space+ time) or just time level of powers ?

It just seems like something that isn't a necessity.

I think you could exist in it but you wouldn't be able to fully travel through all of it or affect much in it.

Destroying space-time, by default, would be assumed as just a 4-D level of power, as we by default assume 3 axes of space and 1 axis of time. (Although this might be different under the new system if you don't destroy enough space-time, you're either required to affect the entirety of the axes or come from a verse where higher dimensions equate to higher infinities to get higher-dimensional equivalent power from affecting them).

It just seems like something that isn't a necessity.

I think you could exist in it but you wouldn't be able to fully travel through all of it or affect much in it.

Destroying space-time, by default, would be assumed as just a 4-D level of power, as we by default assume 3 axes of space and 1 axis of time. (Although this might be different under the new system if you don't destroy enough space-time, you're either required to affect the entirety of the axes or come from a verse where higher dimensions equate to higher infinities to get higher-dimensional equivalent power from affecting them).
Then how do you know in fiction if they destroyed space-time (to qualify for low-2-c) if it's possible to just destroy space without time and the aforementioned still as the possibility to exist?
Lastly let us say , someone is low-multiversal level , if he gets multiple infinite level of boosts (let's say 4 in total) , how will it affect it ? will that character jump to multiversal level , multiversale+ etc.. ?

So destroying space itself wouldn't destroy time ? how so ? . For the last question I wanted to know you (for exemple) being a lower-dimensional being can you exist in a higher-dimensional space without actually being a higher dimensional being ?
Well they could only destroy the space (three axis), without affecting the time continuum.

A lower dimensional being could exist I guess in a higher dimensional place, but that's a very vague "exist". Because it would obviously wouldn't exist in the additional axis, like

x: n (random number)

y: n

z: n

w (4th spatial dimension): 0

So it wouldn't actually be "occupying" the higher dimensional space, unless it was higher dimensional itself (having that additional axis).
So to be clear , is you destroying space-time quantify for low-2-c does that mean you have 5d (4d space + time) level of power ? or just 4d (3d space+ time) or just time level of powers ?
If you destroy a space-time manifold qualifying for Low 2-C, you would be destroying 3D space + time (R^4 topologically speaking).

If you would destroy a 4D space + time you would be Low 1-C (5D, or R^5).

Well they could only destroy the space (three axis), without affecting the time continuum.

A lower dimensional being could exist I guess in a higher dimensional place, but that's a very vague "exist". Because it would obviously wouldn't exist in the additional axis, like

x: n (random number)

y: n

z: n

w (4th spatial dimension): 0

So it wouldn't actually be "occupying" the higher dimensional space, unless it was higher dimensional itself (having that additional axis).

If you destroy a space-time manifold qualifying for Low 2-C, you would be destroying 3D space + time (R^4 topologically speaking).

If you would destroy a 4D space + time you would be Low 1-C (5D, or R^5).
Thank you I see now, last question, what does transcend time, transcending space-time, and existing in different planes of existence would classify in the tiering system?

Well transcending space-time would need some context can't really answer that in a vacuum. But if it is proper for tiering, transcending a 4D space-time, would result in you being Low 1-C. Unless transcending space-time means any and all extensions thereof, which could result in 1-A. Or it could mean nothing, either.

Like I said this is a very context dependent question, and can't be answered in a vacuum. It has to be discussed in a case-by-case basis for the verse in question.

Then how do you know in fiction if they destroyed space-time (to qualify for low-2-c) if it's possible to just destroy space without time and the aforementioned still as the possibility to exist?

Well they'd need to have a statement saying that they destroyed space-time, or a timeline, or something like that. Statements like that are common enough.

Lastly let us say , someone is low-multiversal level , if he gets multiple infinite level of boosts (let's say 4 in total) , how will it affect it ? will that character jump to multiversal level , multiversale+ etc.. ?

It wouldn't change their tier, since we don't know how many more timelines getting infinite boosts would let them affect.

Thank you I see now, last question, what does transcend time, transcending space-time would classify in the tiering system?

Transcending time wouldn't grant much of anything, maybe some sort of acausality or speed. Transcending space-time wouldn't necessarily grant much either, maybe some non-corporeality too.

If there's sufficiently good context, however, it could bring characters to Low 1-C or 1-A. It's all in the context.

Well transcending space-time would need some context can't really answer that in a vacuum. But if it is proper for tiering, transcending a 4D space-time, would result in you being Low 1-C. Unless transcending space-time means any and all extensions thereof, which could result in 1-A. Or it could mean nothing, either.

Like I said this is a very context dependent question, and can't be answered in a vacuum. It has to be discussed in a case-by-case basis for the verse in question.
lastly for a statement saying that someone exists in different planes of existence? would that grant them a higher dimensional existence? (higher dimensional space)

Well they'd need to have a statement saying that they destroyed space-time, or a timeline, or something like that. Statements like that are common enough.

It wouldn't change their tier, since we don't know how many more timelines getting infinite boosts would let them affect.

Thank you I see now, last question, what does transcend time, transcending space-time would classify in the tiering system?

Transcending time wouldn't grant much of anything, maybe some sort of acausality or speed. Transcending space-time wouldn't necessarily grant much either, maybe some non-corporeality too.

If there's sufficiently good context, however, it could bring characters to Low 1-C or 1-A. It's all in the context.
I see now thank you, lastly, if someone is low-multiversal can normal multipliers grand him multiversal ?(if he already showed that he can cross the 5d axis that is the space between universes ) for example 4 trillion times boost.

No, because even at that point we don't know how the timelines would be arranged on such a 5d axis. There's many different reasonable ways of arranging them that would give different results for multipliers, and since fiction doesn't specify it, we can't assume any, so we don't change their based on that.

However, if they were to fight another character who'd destroyed the same number of timelines but didn't have a multiplier, they'd be considered stronger.

lastly for a statement saying that someone exists in different planes of existence? would that grant them a higher dimensional existence? (higher dimensional space)
Well existing in a "different" plane of existence wouldn't really mean anything, but I'm assuming you mean higher plane. And the answer, again, is maybe. At face value, we could consider them being higher dimensional physically, but they could not qualify for a higher tier, because you don't get a tier for just existing in a realm. But it could also give you a higher tier if there's sufficient context.

These types of questions are really context dependent, and can't really be answered like this.

basically
high 3-A = infinite power, capable of destroying an infinite amount of mass
low 2-C = destroying the time-space continuum itself, instead of just everything inside a universe
I think

Back