• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

“Here’s something to believe in” CRT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nobody asks for it but I’m bringing it to your neighborhood anyways. Overall, this should focus mostly on Byleth. This is a fairly long list, so read carefully.

ABILITIES
  • Clairyonace: At the beginning of the game, Byleth was able to witness of the past and saw the event of the war between Seiros and Nemesis. And according to the conversation between them and Jeralt (the one they had before they meet the three lords), he been having that same dream of seeing that war.
  • Blessed: They were given their ability to use Divine Pulse by Sothis, a goddess. And then, when they were stuck in Zahras by Solon, Sothis fused with them and give them her power.
  • Acausality (Type 1): They kept their memories after time turning back to previous points by their own power or Sothis. Example being when Sothis first awoken, after Byleth decided it was good decision to block an axe with their back, and rewind time. This is before the Red Canyon mission where Sothis voluntary give control of DP to Byleth.
  • Resurrection: Since Byleth can use their power to rewind time even when they die, they are technically reviving themselves.
  • Immortality (Type 4): Considering that they have 13 chances to bring themselves back from the dead with DP, they can be considered immortal until all 13 tries are gone. This is similar in concept to Berserker from Fate Stay Night I believe.
  • Limited Power Nullification: With the Crest of Flames and Windsweep, Byleth can stop any opposing counterattack whether physical attacks or magical spells if Byleth‘s attacks land so wouldn’t this be consider power null. Of course, this would affect other users of these abilities like Edelgard via Crest of Flames, Jeritza for Windsweep and etc...
  • Limited Resistance to Magic: Via Sothis Shield which allows Byleth to summon Sothis who can then grants the entire party a boost against Magic, although it only last for three turns. Sothis will also have this ability since she is the one casting the ability.
  • Possible Self-Sustanence (Type 1): It can be implied that Sothis-Fused Byleth has been the timeskip at the bottom of a lake. This is shown during a conversation between Byleth and Flayn.

• Regeneration or Healing - This is for primarily Sothis-Fused Byleth and all Nebateans I guess like Rhea. It is stated that when Flayn was injured during the War of Heroes, she went into deep hibernation to heal herself from the injuries. There is also the fact that when you told Seteth that you were sleeping, he did not question it or find it weird like the three lords.
  • Telepathy: They can talk to Sothis through their dreams (an example being in the beginning of the game, the scene where Sothis asked you for your name and birthday). Also they can talk to Sothis through their thoughts (example being every time they talk during the game).
  • Magma Manipulation: This is primarily for Bolganone users like Byleth. This spell is usually described as a “spell will forcefully open up a fissure into the surface of the earth, and trigger an eruption to occur, incinerating the selected enemy target” . There is also the case of an accepted calc of where Bolganone is treated as lava so yeah.
  • Life Manipulation: This is primarily for Noseferatu users. I feel like this could be a better definition for this power as in the sub-category, there is the topic of “Life Stealing” which fits the description of Noseferatu instead of Life-Force Absorption
  • Removal of Transmutation for Byleth on their Profile - In order for someone to transform into a Demonic Beast, the Heroes’ Relics need a Crest Stone on it as shown during the Milkain transformation into the Black Beast. The Sword of the Creator doesn’t have the Crest Stone on it as it is in Byleth’s body. So even if someone managed to disarm and grabbed the Sword of the Creator, they won’t be under the threat of transforming into a Demonic Beast, they just won’t be able to use the true power of the sword and it would feel very heavy if gameplay is to be believed

WEAPONS
  1. Dragon Signs: If they has Chalice of Beginnings via being able to acquire at the beginning of the game, then shouldn’t they get the Dragon Signs as a part of their equipments.
  2. Sword of Seiros: In the picture of Jeritza and Byleth during their S-Support, you could see Byleth wielding the Sword of Seiros so it should be added to their Equipments as well.

3. Failnaught: At the end of Blue Lions chapter 19, Claude decided to bail on us instead of lending his aid to stop the war and crush the Empire, but he did leave us his Failnaught to the hands of the player to use so this should be added to Byleth’s aresenal as well. If The Dragon Signs and Failnaught gets added, would Byleth be able to use Fallen Star as Claude?

WEAKNESSES
  • A Weakness for all Heroes’ Relics users: During Linhardt and Catherine’s B Support, Catherine state that even though she is compatible with Thunderbrand, it takes a toll on her. “Every time I use it, it wears away at my soul” are her exact words. Not to mention, we have an incident regarding Maurice where he overtaxed his Relic and Crest and despite being compatible, he eventually turn into a Demonic Beast. So, it seems that it may not be optimal for Heroes’ Relics users to engage in long, drawn out battles for they face the risks of exhaustion due to their weapon and if they overtaxed it, they can turn into a Demonic Beast themselves. So we could something like this to the profiles:​
    • “Using a Hero’s Relic can be taxing on the wielder, wearing away at their soul, and a result of over-usage, can risked the chance in the user transforming into a Demonic Beast.”

INTELLIGENCE
  • Intelligence: Let’s be honest, the justification is copy and pasted from the Intelligence page, doesn’t talk about anything they accomplish in the game and I feel this could be done better especially since they have some feats in the game we could use. So here’s is my proposal of sorts. I don’t know whether Byleth would be considered Gifted or Above Average:
    • “Above Average or Gifted. A skilled combatant that bested countless opponents during their career as a mercenary and is depicted as a gifted teacher, capable of bringing out the potential within their students and help them excel, even in topics they are not good at. Played an instrumental role in the war, leading their chosen house and army to victory, despite the numerous odds and setbacks that plagued them since Byleth’s abrupt disappearance, ending the war that lasted for five years in a matter of months, if not a year, under their leadership. As a professor, Byleth has profound knowledge in combat instruction, being personally proficient in Sword, Brawling (Martial Arts), and Authority (Commanding a Battalion), with hidden talents in White Magic, though they can also instruct in topics outside of those to almost the same degree. Can potentially become the first leader of the United Kingdom of Fódlan or Archbishop of the reform Church of Seiros.”

Yeah, it looks very credible in general. However since Byleth does have Failnaught in his arsenal, his limited transmutation can be kept because of that weapon. However, it needs a more appropiate redaction. On the same topic, because of the Dragon Signs being able to replace the Crest of Riegan, Byleth should be able to use Fallen Star, which is Probability Manipulation and Damage Boost. Also, I agree on Byleth being Gifted.

Last edited:
Overall, everything is fine to me except the Removal of Transmutation but PuasLuisZX already explains why. And yes, with Dragon Signs, Byleth w/ Failnaught, or any Heroes’ Relics, should be able to replicate Fallen Star though, in gameplay, at the cost of -5 durability if the Dragon Sign matches the Relic's corresponding Crest.

Remember, after this, I will be doing my Grima CRT

Agree with most of these except the removal of Transmutation for the above reasons there.

I'd also suggest giving Byleth access to the other Heroes' Relics as Optional Equipment, or, at the very least the ones that are specifically given to them to hold on to when you get them in the Paralogues. This would mean they also get access to all the special abilities and unique combat arts of those.

Gifted Intelligence is fine.

^
Yeah, I guess we can add the other Heroes’ Relics as Optional Equipments for Byleth. Some of the students’ paralouge ends with them relinquishing their weapons to the Professor due to feeling that they will know best how to use it (Hilda, Sylvain, Lorenz), while for the other, it just go straight to Byleth’s inventory. The only exception is Dimitri where his Areadbhar go to his inventory instead when acquiring it, Catherine has her Thunderbrand in her inventory when we recruit her and Edelgard has her Aymr already in her inventory when entering Post-Timeskip for CF.

There can be cases I believe we can add Ayer and Areadbhar to Byleth’s Optional Equipment since after killing them in one route or three route personally, someone has to take possession of their Relics and not leave them. There’s actually an in-game example of being able to acquire Thunderbrand from Catherine’s corpse in Chapter 18 of Crimson Flower.

Byleth can't actually use Amyr's combat art so adding it would probably be a bit pointless, but I suppose there's no harm in that either.

Not much more to say.

Wait, Amyr's can? I thought that one specifically couldn't?

I know Byleth can otherwise use all the other combat arts, but I believe that one in particular was an exception.

Sky Dragon Sign, he/she needs that item to use Amyr's art. And with it, the cost of Raging Storm is 5 durability as opposed to Edelgard's 4 via minor crest.

Medeus:

Thank you for helping out.

Should we close this thread then?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back