• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Help?

I'm new to Fandom as a whole, let alone this wiki. I want to make some pages for my characters, but there's so many equations and terms and such it's a little overwhelming. Is there anyone out there willing to help a newbie out in setting up my first page? It'd be greatly appreciated.

I could probably answer some questions? I'll be busy for the next day or two, though, so there's also that.

Well, I looked at a few character pages for reference and everyone is in more than one tier at the same time, what's that about?

It's not that they're in more than one tier at the same time, it's that those are different tiers for different forms or time skips. For instance: Maybe one character in the beginning of the series is 9-B (Wall level), but they become stronger to the point where they can destroy a building later on in the series (8-C).

To categorize these, we use "Keys". This basically just means separating characters based on where they were in that point in time, what form or transformation boosts they got, or something along those lines.

Example: Let's take the first example I gave about the 9-B and 8-C. The first one would be the "Beginning of the series" key, and the second one would be the "Time-skip" key. Those would be categorized like this:

Tier: 9-B | 8-C

The slash in the middle is to represent that they're different. One is for the beginning of the series, and the other is for a time-skip. Don't forget to specify that these are those types of keys. To specify, just write this down somewhere:

Key: Beginning of the Series | Post Time-Skip

You can also do this with forms that would change the power level of the character. For instance: Goku would have multiple levels of power, and would get stronger with each form, so we can categorize him like this:

Key: Base | Super Sayian | Super Sayian 2 | Super Sayian 3 | Super Sayian God | Super Sayian Blue | Ultra Instinct Omen | Mastered Ultra Instinct

Then after that all you'd need to do is add the respective tiers and that's it.

TL;DR: They're not more than one tier at the same time, but instead split apart in either different points in time, or different forms.

Hope that made sense. ^^;

Oooohhhhh, well, my next question was gonna be what keys were, so that answers that too lol. So what would I do if, say, my character's limits have never been tested (aka, no one's been enough of a challenge to make him use his max potential) how would I know what tier to put him in? Like, I know some pretty impressive feats, but those were "almost full potential" so he could probably do more? If that makes sense.

Oh, then there could be multiple ways to solve that. Here are all the ways that you can do that:

• Add an "At least" in-front of the tier.
  • Add a "possibly higher", "likely higher", "possibly far higher", or "likely far higher" after the tier.
  • Just make that tier as "Unknown".
I'll explain all of those.

As for the "At least" part, that basically just means that A: They're higher than the "baseline" of the tier (basically just the absolute minimum to count as that tier), or on the higher end of that tier (basically almost reaching the next tier level, but not really).

• Example: Tier: At least 9-C
For the possibly and likely highers ones, those are pretty self explanatory. It just means that there's a chance or a good possibility that the character is stronger than the tier they have been shown to display. A good example of this would be Saitama. He's only been shown to do 5-B (Planet level) feats, but it implies that he can do much more.

• Example: Tier: 5-B, likely higher
You can also combine "At least" and "likely higher" to emphasize that the character could be muuuch higher than the tier they've been shown displaying.

• Example: Tier: At least 3-A, likely higher
As for making the tier as "Unknown", I'd think that's also self explanatory. Not putting any numbers but keeping it as "Unknown" is a safe way to explain that the character has never been pushed enough to show their true power, thus it's impossible to gauge it.

• Example: Tier: Unknow
Hope that helps

I've personally managed to get it to cooperate with Chrome... can't really say the same for mobile. If I had to take a guess, that would be it, I suppose.

I wasn't able to get it work on mobile, but it should work perfectly on a computer/laptop.

Yeah, I do appreciate the help, even though it looks like I'll have to borrow someone else's laptop to actually accomplish anything

Back