• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Help with OC Page Creation

So, I want to bring some of my OC's to FC/OC wiki.

Unfortunately, I believe that multiple of them are Tier 1 in some capacity, which I've seen a lot of Controversy over (They scale above Canon characters who come from other verses, who are labeled as Tier 1 on VS Battle Wiki.). I want to know the proper process for something like this, How I can make sure my OC's are both properly portrayed but still abide by the rules of the wiki, and I want to know what things I should look out for, and any tip's from a seasoned Wiki Member in relation to making OC Profile's and the process around that would be appretiated.

I'm also heavily concerned about one OC of mine in particular, who has several Forms (30+ (Several of these forms are just stronger Derivatives of previous one's and/or are combinations of multiple forms, however.)) And her power not only varies between the forms, but also across the span of her story (Which has several arcs). I want to know how I should handle this- Should I just post the most Up to date version of the Character and her stats from there? Should I just do her throughout the Arc's and make a note that the forms can push her Higher/That certain power's are only accessible via forms? Should I just make a Key for every Arc and every Form variation? I don't want to put so much information down that it becomes tedious, and I would be more than happy just doing her current self and the forms that come with it if possible.

She also has the DNA of several Fictional Character's from canon verses (The Story she comes from is a massive crossover after all, and she was artificially created by someone to take advantage of all these people's Power's in some way.) I was wondering if, perhaps, this may be a little too out there for FC/OC, or, I guess more accurately, if such a character is, by nature, not appropriate for the Wiki.

I know how bad this can sound to some, but I'm not trying to get some kind of ludicrously OP Mary Sue in here- I just want to share the character and see how she matches up to other's here, is all. If she is not appropriate, and if most of my OC's in general are not, then I understand.

It's alright, I just hope someone who's a bit more seasoned than I can hopefully chime in. Don't stress yourself if you don't know what to say yourself.

I think these excerpts from the Rule and Regulations section should suffice:

If a fanwork consistently demonstrates and maintains a different level of power from the original work, it should be judged and tiered based on its own feats, not on scaling to canon, even if the original is stronger. If the fanwork is meant to fit within the official timeline, failing to duplicate feats of the same level is fine, but actively contradicting the canon power level is not. As a general rule, fanfiction should not be automatically scaled to canon without an argument in its favor.
Fanfiction versions of characters that are just 'x character except stronger' are generally not allowed. A fanfic variant of a character should be distinctly different in either backstory, personality, or abilities to be acceptable.
Tier 0, 1, or 2 profiles and characters of similar, godly strength should have proper, established, and unique stories making them such. If evidence is found of an individual constantly adjusting their pages with presumed intent to increase power and win Versus Matches, the page will be deleted and the individual will be given a warning.
If you do make a Tier 0 or 1 page, run it through the Tier 1 review thread. It may be deleted otherwise.
As of right now, the vast majority of Tier 0 and Tier 1 pages are banned and will be deleted without discussion until further notice. This includes pages that attempt to dodge this deletion by changing or removing statistics.

Back