• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Help with a Londoner's profile

EliminatorVenom

VS Battles
Thread Moderator
Heyo! I've been working on the profile for the protagonist of Fallen London so when the upcoming deletion of the profiles come, there'll be at least one profile, even if somewhat short for what little will be there initially.

So, I wanted some opinions mostly on the intelligence level the profile would be at. This is the mostly completed respect thread about the Londoner. It is still missing plenty of feats, really, but it is incredibly hard to gather all the feats due to how the game is structured, and it has enough feats that I can do a profile. In any case, considering how quickly the Londoner seems to learn stuff, I am inclined to give him a Genius rating, or at least Gifted initially, evolving up to Genius later on, as the kind of feat the protagonist achieves later on in the game are kind of bonkers in that regard.

If you want to comment about what you would perceive the strength, speed and durability to be from the feats alone, or just on the blog in itself, I'd be thankful too!

So I have only read through the intel section but they definitely should have accelarated development due to being able to quickly learn and even develop new skills of their own in a short time frame, social influencing for very obvious reason, stealth mastery and acrobatic (the later rely on it being mentioned once but the context should be enough to warrant it), info analysis (limited since it doesn't seem to extend to combat as far as intel section goes), preparation might also be good since with it they can make pretty strong acid, bomb and stuff that cure coughing (common cold?) and cause people to have a hard time breathing.

Edit: also genius yeah that sound good, completely forgot about that part :v.

Bruh, this guys got a knack for surviving fall huh? Also that probably more than likely can get him base 9B atleast. Anyway the rest need to be calced tho the fungus thing seem to be blatant 2 ton but i guess putting it as only 1 ton or 1.5 could also work as it said partially and not completely, don't know how tough ivy and vine are to pull from the root so can't comment. He have some good feat for stamina and sheer endurance (****** almost doesn't feel shit from a live surgery without pain killer from what i see), not huge by any means but impressive for a 9B. The skill tho, he probably is pretty good for a sheer brawler, tho sadly the info analysis is nowhere to be found so it would still have to stay limited. Not commenting on the power and resistance cause all of those is pretty obvious. Overall not bad especially since most of these are from base (like there's 2 or 3 feat that aren't base and not counting special case).

Edit: it's also nice to see a list of skill feat that doesn't involve absoloute bullshitery and only believable stuff.

Anyway, the intel itself is genius while it should be noted that he's gifted or is a skilled combatant, he should also have weapons mastery and hand to hand combat, the later for defeating multiple strong and skilled foe unarmed (i assume so) while the former should be noted that "is trained in the use of rake, fountain pen and even kitchen cutlery, is noted to be skilled with a sword (or whatever duelist use), is so profficent with a knife that the Londener make no sound with it while dueling aside from the swining itself".

Should also be noted that accelarated development is only in the intelligence department and have no bearing on strength and combat skill since he haven't shown to gradually grow stronger quickly (unless the ingame stats is a indication of that) and doesn't show to get more skilled mid fight.

Edit: enhanced sense is a given but i don't know what to do with the sixth sense thing, more opinion on that is appreaciated.

Last edited:
Thanks for all the input here guys! Answering some stuff:

Yeah, they do have Martial Arts and Weapon Mastery certainly. In-game, you can choose to be trained under a specific martial tradition from very early on (or even developing your own), and you frequently duel with extremely skilled martial artists on even ground. The Accelerated Development applies to the physical abilities too, but to a lesser extent; the Londoner learns things very easily, and with very little training, can develop their physical, mental and social abilities very quickly, but only up to a certain point and getting gradually slower as they approach said top. Not applicable in combat really, as it is still a process that would take a few months to really get them up their keys.

Some other powers they may have from just scaling from random londoners in-game and characters that should be comparable to themselves (Such as Sunless Sea's protagonist), they'll also have:

Immortality: People in the Neath can come back to life in a few days or weeks at most after dying, taking longer the more brutal their death was, and they can't come back from decapitation or if they are completely butchered up. The Londoner comes back quicker than most, although that is only because they can play games with Boatman to come back quickly if they win, and it is implied they win more than most other londoners at that. Not useful for combat, but it is still something!

Regeneration: Again, not applicable in combat usually, but it is something. Londoners can frequently regenerate from things such as stabbing, grievous head injury, having torn vital organs and even reattach limbs. (not regrowing though, only reattaching them) It does take a long time though.

Non-Physical Interaction: Kind of nuts, the Londoner and people like themselves can often interact with nonexistant stuff. The entire Seeking Mr. Eaten's Name involves the protagonist interacting with the rituals of St. Destin and with the saint's candle, which do not actually exist nor happen. The journey to Winking Isle also involves them entering a place that does not exist. On the endgame (which for now won't have a key as it'll take a loooong time to get there so I can scan feats) there is an entire plot about things that do not exist and how you interact with those.

Immunity(?) to Soul Manipulation: I don't know if this is apt, maybe the name for it is something else, but while their soul can be easily taken out or destroyed, people in Fallen London can live just fine with their souls. Many do not even feel the absence, although many others can fall into incredibly bad depression at it.

And there are some other feats too, but those four are the most notable ones.

I'll try to make a page for the Correspondence too, a verse-specific power page. It is far too different from almost anything else from any other verse I know and it is too specific in its working to be appropriately covered by other powers.

Back