• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Hellsing: High 7-C Issues And Other Stuff

All that blood is from the dead people in London (those 3 million) and Alucard is drawing all the blood to him so he can absorb it (Also, this can be done by blood manipulation not telekinesis.). The premise of this calculation is quite wrong.
That's what the calculation is, Clover just worded it incorrectly.

Blood is the UES for vampires, if Alucard can move that amount of blood then it would scale to applicable abilities such as TK, blood manipulation and shadow manipulation. (Alucard's Shadow Manipulation acting as a byproduct of his telekinesis, which he can use to attack his opponents with directly so that should be stated as SS with his Shadow manipulation since he can also attack with them.)

That's what the calculation is, Clover just worded it incorrectly.

Blood is the UES for vampires, if Alucard can move that amount of blood then it would scale to applicable abilities such as TK, blood manipulation and shadow manipulation. (Alucard's Shadow Manipulation acting as a byproduct of his telekinesis, which he can use to attack his opponents with directly so that should be stated as SS with his Shadow manipulation since he can also attack with them.)
I'm talking about Clover assuming Alucard spilled his own blood omnidirectionally and flooded London. Since that blood was already there and was from the dead people, Alucard just pulled it towards him.

This should make some difference in the calculation.

I don't know the verse. I just made the calcs. If I made a mistake in my wording, I apologize

I'm talking about Clover assuming Alucard spilled his own blood omnidirectionally and flooded London. Since that blood was already there and was from the dead people, Alucard just pulled it towards him.

This should make some difference in the calculation.
Wouldn't it just go to omnidirectional Absorbtion which would yield identical results?

Also its his Absorbtion which causes the flooding of London so I'm not sure if it would really change much tbh. Alucard is still drawing in the blood with enough force and speed to cause tsunamis and such.

In danger of pulling an Ant, but what is there left to do here precisely?

In danger of pulling an Ant, but what is there left to do here precisely?
Can we discuss speed as well? The current calc used is from 2014 and was done on another website. It also has two ends, one mach 33 the other 109 yet the cast is listed as High Hypersonic+ for some reason.
We still haven't discussed this. Ideally we'd get a recalc, but at minimum it should be brought on site and an end be agreed upon.

If you can put tags. I almost didn't find this crt again.
I have put tags

I presently don't have a particular opinion on the OP, since I don't know about Hellsing. That said, Weekly is right we need a good reason to scale TK feats to physical. If such reasons can't be provided, seems a downgrade is in order.

We normally consider Fog Manipulation as Weather Manipulation. No need to call any ability involving some type of movement 'telekinesis'. It can still scale with Universal Power System, but Tier 8 physically with Tier 7 Environment Destruction is perfectly consistent, and the UPS scaling justification is barebones and doesn't add consistency.

The blood calc is unreasonable. It has two assumptions to highlight:

1. The equivalent of one third of London is submerged in blood, with 2/3 accounting for walls, buildings and such.
  2. The average height of the blood submerging London is one story high (4.3 meters).

It can work if Alucard is launching blood omnidirectionally as the calc assumes. But he is just siphoning blood from corpses so there are inherent gaps not created by obstacles, and the overall surface area gets smaller as the blood waves get closer to Alucard. So this is very much on the high-end of things even if we assume Hellsing humans contain more blood in their body than IRL humans.

The majority of the depictions has the blood be very low on street level.
0009-181.png
0009-182.png
0009-183.png
0009-184.png
0009-186.png
0009-187.png
0009-200.png
0010-039.png

There are small exceptions: A wave of blood collides with the foundation of Nelson's Column (~ one story high). Thin waves of blood rises to multistory level while most of the surrounding blood is at street level. And thin tendrils of blood reach multistory level near the location of Alucard.
0009-184.png
0010-036.png
0010-041.png
0010-049.png

But there is no reason to believe that they are anything beside localized events in a small area of London.
If we use the GPE from the IRL blood of 3424867 persons (number stated by Alucard) I believe we'll get like 9-A.

Anime depiction for comparison:

Last edited:
That second video shows it literally flooding London though
And the manga version clearly shows that the flooding is not high enough to submerge cars.
0010-039.png

Also, we can't generalize this flood to the entirety of London; as the blood gathers on Alucard the further areas dry up.

We usually normally Fog Manipulation as Weather Manipulation. No need to call any ability involving some type of movement 'telekinesis'. It can still scale with Universal Power System, but Tier 8 physically with Tier 7 Environment Destruction is perfectly consistent, and the UPS scaling justification is barebones and doesn't add consistency.
It's not Environmental Destruction whenever it's the same exact shit he uses to attack. I.E his manipulation of shadows, which is what he uses as TK.

5NBF76Y_d.webp

It can work if Alucard is launching blood omnidirectionally as the calc assumes. But he is just siphoning blood from corpses so there are inherent gaps not created by obstacles, and the overall surface area gets smaller as the blood waves get closer to Alucard. So this is very much on the high-end of things even if we assume Hellsing humans contain more blood in their body than IRL humans.
And I've already addressed this part above. It wouldn't change much in the long run for the actual calculation itself.
And the manga version clearly shows that the flooding is not high enough to submerge cars.
0010-039.png

Also, we can't generalize this flood to the entirety of London; as the blood gathers on Alucard the further areas dry up.
Yet it's also deep enough to suck up whole ass bodies like Schrodinger amongst with causing massive flooding. Your trying VERY desperately to undermine what's actually happening here by posting scans of the inconsistent shit. All you did was show Alucard beginning to absorb the blood from London. Secondly, Clover already took the obstacles and buildings into consideration.

Those low shots are directly before Alucard gives it the "suc". Hence creating a suction force to draw the blood in, creating tsunami in the process.

We can see that the blood was in fact covering all of London with the Major's map shown in the background. The "Majority." of the low level is when Alucard is starting to absorb it.

Lastly, Clover never assumed the normal human in Hellsing has more blood than usual which I have no idea where you even got that part from. He took the sum tally of the number of lives which Alucard released and absorbed.

But there is no reason to believe that they are anything beside localized events in a small area of London.
If we use the GPE from the IRL blood of 3424867 persons (number stated by Alucard) I believe we'll get like 9-A.
Yeah no, how's about we stop lying? That'd be great Shadow.
0010-052-1.jpg

0009-189.jpg

0009-200-1.jpg

9hVUFkv_d.webp

It was suggested that it'd be far more accurate for me to use the stated number of individuals that blood was taken from.

The average person has about 1.2 to 1.5 gallons of blood in their body. I'll use 1.35 as an average.

1.35 gallons = 0.005110306 meters^3

Number of People = 3424867

Total Blood Volume = 0.005110306 * 3424867 = 17502.1184 meters^3

Density of Blood = 1060 kg/meters^3

Mass = 17502.1184 * 1060 = 18552245.5 kg

I'll use the average human height for the height of the blood (1.7 meters)

GPE = 9.81 * 18552245.5 * (1.7 / 2) = 154697899 Joules or 0.04 tons; Small Building level (9-A)

It was suggested that it'd be far more accurate for me to use the stated number of individuals that blood was taken from.

The average person has about 1.2 to 1.5 gallons of blood in their body. I'll use 1.35 as an average.

GPE = 9.81 * 18552245.5 * (1.7 / 2) = 154697899 Joules or 0.04 tons; Small Building level (9-A)
And how is the LS?

It's not Environmental Destruction whenever it's the same exact shit he uses to attack. I.E his manipulation of shadows, which is what he uses as TK.

5NBF76Y_d.webp
Why isn't the off-screen Weather Manipulation not Environmental Destruction? Yes Alucard has other abilities like shadow manipulation and TK which he sometimes uses to attack, and? The fog is nothing but nebulous magic that doesn't scale to attack for all we know, and there is no statement crediting its creation to shadow manipulation or telekinesis.

And I've already addressed this part above. It wouldn't change much in the long run for the actual calculation itself.
And my post is a refutation to your assertion.
There is a massive difference from "Alucard released an omnidirectional blood Tsunami that flooded London" to "Alucard gradually gathered the blood spilled in London to one spot before he sucked it up". The former requires a larger quantity of blood than the latter.

Yet it's also deep enough to suck up whole ass bodies like Schrodinger amongst with causing massive flooding. Your trying VERY desperately to undermine what's actually happening here by posting scans of the inconsistent shit. All you did was show Alucard beginning to absorb the blood from London. Secondly, Clover already took the obstacles and buildings into consideration.

Those low shots are directly before Alucard gives it the "suc". Hence creating a suction force to draw the blood in, creating tsunami in the process.

We can see that the blood was in fact covering all of London with the Major's map shown in the background. The "Majority." of the low level is when Alucard is starting to absorb it.

Lastly, Clover never assumed the normal human in Hellsing has more blood than usual which I have no idea where you even got that part from. He took the sum tally of the number of lives which Alucard released and absorbed.
The same scene where Schrodinger gets submerged, we see that the flooding is not deep enough to submerge cars. 50 cm is enough to submerge humans.
Quite the downgrade; an average of 1 story high to the depth of a bathtub.

The volume doesn't change by the blood getting sucked in, and the blood before getting stirred up gives us a clearer representation of the overall volume.

If you consider low-depth flooding to be 'covering London', then sure but this would be a massive downgrade from the assumptions of the calc.
0009-186.png
0009-187.png

The results of the calc implies that Hellsing humans have more blood than IRL humans. The overall number of lives Alucard absorbed is not part of the original calculation, unless you are talking about an entirely different calc than the one referenced in the OP and the Hellsing verse page.

Yeah no, how's about we stop lying? That'd be great Shadow.
Perhaps you should engage in good faith, Gin.
I am specifically talking about the high-altitude blood, which I displayed in the "small exceptions" section.

The same scene where Schrodinger gets submerged, we see that the flooding is not deep enough to submerge cars. 50 cm is enough to submerge humans.
Quite the downgrade; an average of 1 story high to the depth of a bathtub.
The visual amount of blood in the manga is pretty inconsistent. Sometimes it looks like a wave that swallows cars, other times it doesn't even reach the stairs of a door.

In the panel that cat N is submerged in blood it is possible to see this.

0010-039.png

Honestly, I think this is better for the calculation.

Since it is the average amount of blood of these millions of humans. Without having to stare at the inconsistent look.

Honestly, I think this is better for the calculation.
So thought more about it.

If we apply the volume calculated by CloverDragon (stated number of lives absorbed + average blood of IRL humans) on a cylinder, I don't think we'll be able to get a significant radius. Depth of 50 cm gives a radius of 105.56 m, and a depth of 1 m gives a radius of 74.64 m. Let's not get into building-level heights.
Of course the comparison is not perfect, since buildings will cause blood to flow into corridors instead of an open area, but even if we compensate by multiplying the volume by ten, the overall spread of the blood isn't that much.

So we will have to choice from three positions:
  1. Blood reaching building-level altitudes is localized to small areas and happens briefly once blood gathers at the end.
  2. Hellsing humans physiology contains a ginormous reservoir of blood compared to IRL humans.
  3. We should ignore the statement about the number of lives Alucard absorbed.

I doubt there will be serious arguments for 2; the amount of blood will pop real humans like a balloon.
3 Can be argued for by 'Feats > Statements'. But it is easy to harmonize the feat with the statement; it will just yield a much lower result.

Literally the last time I heard someone bring up argument 2 was like 2013 on the NarutoForums...?

I think your being a lil paranoid with that one.

I did say I don't expect people to seriously argue it, so I am aware that it is the based/meme/chaos position.

But unless I missed a more reasonable fourth position, we are left with 1 or 3.

I'd prefer 1 over 3 since it's not only humans in that amount of lives but also animals such as horse's. (Yeah he drank ******* horse blood.) but the exact number are unknown.

So thought more about it.

If we apply the volume calculated by CloverDragon (stated number of lives absorbed + average blood of IRL humans) on a cylinder, I don't think we'll be able to get a significant radius. Depth of 50 cm gives a radius of 105.56 m, and a depth of 1 m gives a radius of 74.64 m. Let's not get into building-level heights.
Of course the comparison is not perfect, since buildings will cause blood to flow into corridors instead of an open area, but even if we compensate by multiplying the volume by ten, the overall spread of the blood isn't that much.

So we will have to choice from three positions:
  1. Blood reaching building-level altitudes is localized to small areas and happens briefly once blood gathers at the end.
  2. Hellsing humans physiology contains a ginormous reservoir of blood compared to IRL humans.
  3. We should ignore the statement about the number of lives Alucard absorbed.

I doubt there will be serious arguments for 2; the amount of blood will pop real humans like a balloon.
3 Can be argued for by 'Feats > Statements'. But it is easy to harmonize the feat with the statement; it will just yield a much lower result.
I prefer one. Because of the inconsistency of depicting the amount of blood in the manga.

I'd prefer 1 over 3 since it's not only humans in that amount of lives but also animals such as horse's. (Yeah he drank ******* horse blood.) but the exact number are unknown.
I remember horses in the original soul stock. But I don't recall any of the church armies, or the Nazis using horses. Not even on the street I remember.

Back