• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Hei (Darker Than Black) Attack Potency

I was just wondering what exactly puts Hei at Island Level while boosted with the Meteor Fragment. I feel like nuking everything within a 1,500 km radius of you should be more than just Island Level. Especially seeing as it wasn't his max output when it happened. I'm not trying to argue, I just want some clarification. Thanks.

Well, I don't know anything about the series, but there's a really quick method to find out the damage output of explosions.

R = Y^(1/3)*0.28

R = Radius in kilometers.

Y = Yield in Kilotons.

1500 = Y^(1/3)*0.28

Y = 153,744,533,527.696777 KT

Or 153.7 Teratons

Of course, if it wasn't done through a non-nuclear explosion, and if 1,500 km is just an estimation, it will have to be redone completely.

It was definitely a nuclear explosion, as Hei's power is based off of maniplating matter on the quantum level and the after-effects include dense, lethal radiation.

1,500 km is the radius stated in the series, and it seems fitting as it blew up the bottom half of Brazil and the countries surrounding it.

So I guess 153.7 Teratons seems fitting.

Members and Staff half to take a look at this thread and agree to the changes.

Gemmy should give some input here seeing as how he knows quite a bit of DTB to my knowledge. But yeah I'm fine with Hei being High 6-B

This is the map of the Heaven's Gate.

The blue circle is 1500 km (according to their scale bar) so disregard the red ones. The guys from DTB wiki put that there out of scale with their scale bar at the bottom of the image.

Dtb heaven's gate
Also, note that according to Dr. Robert Schroeder, the Heaven's Gate area produces synchrotron radiation (it's a real thing) which is the same radiation that makes a contractor glow blue when using their powers.

It's not something that normally comes out of a nuke. Rather, the remnants of the gate should appear as glowing soil, and what not, as is of a typical nuclear fallout coating what remains of it with radiation.

Oh, and Schroeder also says that the gate should still be there, albeit, intangible and invisible.

This is a very old thread. Is there something that genuinely needs to be done here?

Antvasima said:
This is a very old thread. Is there something that genuinely needs to be done here?
Yes. Hei destroyed a "large portion of South America"

That's far more than 6-C. It should be calced and Hei should get an upgrade.

Gemmysaur said:
This is the map of the Heaven's Gate.

The blue circle is 1500 km (according to their scale bar) so disregard the red ones. The guys from DTB wiki put that there out of scale with their scale bar at the bottom of the image.

Dtb heaven's gate
Also, note that according to Dr. Robert Schroeder, the Heaven's Gate area produces synchrotron radiation (it's a real thing) which is the same radiation that makes a contractor glow blue when using their powers.

It's not something that normally comes out of a nuke. Rather, the remnants of the gate should appear as glowing soil, and what not, as is of a typical nuclear fallout coating what remains of it with radiation.

Oh, and Schroeder also says that the gate should still be there, albeit, intangible and invisible.
that heaven gate area is more than 1500 km if we use real world size according to google the size of south america is 17.84 million km there is no way that heaven gate area that big is just 1500 km,even that brasilia size area is already over 5000 km

Heaven's Gate is explicity 1500 km radius, which is, my bad, as I mentioned it to be 1500 across instead of being actually 3000 km in diameter.

I have edited a new image to match that size (via google map). It's double my previous post (the blue circled image), but eh.

Darker than black heaven's gate
Darker than black heaven's gate2

Unless someone calcs that, we can only go by assumption on the AP for it.

Also, we know it's still there, just invisible and intangible, so there may not even be AP for it, but rather, haxx.

As I mentioned above, either of you can ask for a calculation if you wish.

Back