• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Headdy (Dynamite Headdy) vs Sukapon (Joy Mech Fight!)

Armorchompy

He/Him
VS Battles
Thread Moderator
Calculation Group
So I was thinking about things, and it hit me this is a pretty great matchup. Headdy is a puppet who acts in theater, Sukapon is a robot who does stand-up comedy, both of their peaceful lives are upstaged by a villain who plans to take over the world, which causes them to rise up and fight against that, both are retro game characters who fight by throwing their detachable heads, pretty thematic matchup, methinks. I haven't played Dynamite Headdy (yet, I plan to play basically all of Treasure's games) but the fight seems fair enough so, yeah.

AP is 85649027.7 Joules for Headdy and 137096417.12 Joules for Sukapon. A 1.6x advantage for the latter.

Technically the speed gap is only some x2, but that's still pretty big and Headdy doesn't have a calc in that regard, so I'll equal speed.

Headdy: 0

Sukapon: 0

Plok: 0

Unfortunately it doesn't seem like the creator of Headdy's page is active or has a forum account so I cannot tag them.

This really is thematic.

At first sight, Sukapon holds more advantages: Is stronger both in AP and LS, is much larger and with greater range, has seemingly better fighting ability (at least in terms of 1v1 bouts vs "adventure" savviness), is more agile and has a weirder fighting style that is both difficult to decipher and deal with, also considering how it can move all its limbs rather than just the head, and does it in a specific way, when compared to Headdy's "brutish way".

On the other hand, Headdy holds a big variety advantage. While several heads are useless, if not detrimental, those that grant him projectiles, flight, time stop, invisintagibility, barriers, stat boosts are its best wincons.
I don't know if it really can pull every head out of the blue, or if it would be feasibly for it to just spam "flight and shoot" against a grounded opponent, but that might also be on the table.

I also wonder if Sukapon could like, grab the head and keep it, or just chuck it away and beat up either the body or just the defenseless head itself.
That could probably be the best tactic, especially if Headdy doesn't play it smart from the beginning, considering how Sukapon is used at fighting characters with similar body control abilities, but in a much more effective and varied way. That could also negate heads such as the Hammer and the Bomb

At first sight, Sukapon holds more advantages: Is stronger both in AP and LS, is much larger and with greater range, has seemingly better fighting ability (at least in terms of 1v1 bouts vs "adventure" savviness), is more agile and has a weirder fighting style that is both difficult to decipher and deal with, also considering how it can move all its limbs rather than just the head, and does it in a specific way, when compared to Headdy's "brutish way".
Sukapon being larger is a double edged sword, I think, he has way more range but it does also mean Headdy will be able to go under a lot of his attacks, and while he can just aim them I don't know if something like Tondeker Slide works if the move is angled downwards. With the Rayman limbs stuff the usual disadvantage of "bigger so easier to hit" is diminished, but not fully negated. I definitely agree with the skill bit though.
On the other hand, Headdy holds a big variety advantage. While several heads are useless, if not detrimental, those that grant him projectiles, flight, time stop, invisintagibility, barriers, stat boosts are its best wincons.
I don't know if it really can pull every head out of the blue, or if it would be feasibly for it to just spam "flight and shoot" against a grounded opponent, but that might also be on the table.
I couldn't say, maybe I should play the game and check.
I also wonder if Sukapon could like, grab the head and keep it, or just chuck it away and beat up either the body or just the defenseless head itself.
That could probably be the best tactic, especially if Headdy doesn't play it smart from the beginning, considering how Sukapon is used at fighting characters with similar body control abilities, but in a much more effective and varied way. That could also negate heads such as the Hammer and the Bomb
I don't know if grabbing Headdy's head is too likely because it's even smaller than Sukapon's hands, it'd basically be the same as catching a projectile that is very capable of harming you with as it's flying at you. But I don't think it's impossible.

Back