• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Hazbin Hotel Discussion Thread

Praying A24 gives the next season 12+ episodes to give the story the development time it deserves 🙏

I actually think the finaly did a good job of showing the power difference in the characters. We already know that Lucifer and even Charlie were well above someone like Alastor
Well, my two cents:

I've only seen Hazbin Hotel, nothing of Helluva Boss, so I might be off on this one, but I think the issue is that Alastor did look underwhelming in the end due to all the in-universe hype he got (characters proping him up, him regularly throwing his weight around other weaker characters, his whole "always in control" persona) and how comparatively little hype the top dogs did get (IIRC the author off-handedly mentioned that characters like Lucifer, Charlie and that Stolas dude were stronger than Alastor, but it wasn't really hyped up that much in the show itself beyond being dangerous for this or that). Add to that that Al didn't have that many impressive feats nor got tough opponents to defeat to fall back on, so for many it came that when push came to shove, Alastor just didn't deliver, when in reality his opponents were well established to be on a league beyond.

I never felt like Alastor was hyped up to be all powerful or anything close to that.

He was very creepy and manipulative, and was an extremely powerful Overlord. But that's usually as far as it went, Charlie was obviously going to be stronger in the end as she is Lucifer's daughter. Angels, even the common exorcist were regarded as invincible, and have never been killed by anyone in hell before.

Adam as their commander was possibly going to be vastly stronger than any of them. But this already tells me that most Overlords don't stand a chance against a single exorcist angel or they don't believe they can. Even Zestial was confused by Carmilla's refusal to let her strength to be know, since she took down one of them.

The only people he was being propped up against were other Overlords or fodder demons. Being scary around Charlie isn't implication he's stronger than her nor does him getting into a singing contest with Lucifer means he'd be comparable to the fallen angel. At the very least, I never once saw it like that while watching the show.

I'd say the biggest issue there is that Adam himself was only speculated to be strong due to being the leader of the army, since he wasn't portrayed as being powerful at all until this moment. Had he gotten similar statement or hype of being stronger than all of the exorcist angels, I'm certain it wouldn't have been as weird.

He was mostly seen as a rude jerk, but he never really felt threatening. In fact I was considering him to be the lazy boss who couldn't actually fight until we saw the finale.

I believe Alastor would never fight someone who is that much stronger than him, and it was made clear in the end he only fought because of the deal he is in. Or maybe it meant his power is being limited by a deal and he couldn't unleash his full strength? That's just complete speculation on my part so don't take it too seriously.

But regardless, it's clear that situation in general only happened because of the deal he's in.

I'd say the biggest issue there is that Adam himself was only speculated to be strong due to being the leader of the army, since he wasn't portrayed as being powerful at all until this moment. Had he gotten similar statement or hype statements of being stronger than all of the exorcist angels, I'm certain it wouldn't have been as weird.

He was mostly seen as a rude jerk, but he never really felt threatening. In fact I was considering him to be the lazy boss who couldn't actually fight until we saw the finale.
This is very true, I wish we got some kind of Hype for Adam. Something like "When the exterminations began and Adam set his foot in hell, no one has ever seen a power quite like his..." would have worked perfectly. I didnt even think he was gonna fight but he carried the army himself lmao
I believe Alastor would never fight someone who is that much stronger than him, and it was made clear in the end he only fought because of the deal he is in. Or maybe it meant his power is being limited by a deal and he couldn't unleash his full strength? That's just complete speculation on my part so don't take it too seriously.
Nah, his deal only limits what his goals and purpose is. His full strenght is there but he has to use it to defend the hotel (maybe?) and he doesnt want to

Why did Adam not use the fact that he is with Lilith in heaven after she left Lucifer as a way to roast him?

Why did Adam not use the fact that he is with Lilith in heaven after she left Lucifer as a way to roast him?
Because we have no idea why she's there nor what their deal was about.

For all we know it would've made him look even worse or he's not allowed to say it. We'll have to wait until we get more information on what Lilith has been doing.

Last time Adam had to not say something important he kinda screamed it in a court full of Angels lol
Yeah, but he's proud of the fact he's been exterminating demons and clearly didn't understand why it was being kept secret.

Adam isn't very smart so I'm leaning towards the fact he literally couldn't tell anyone, or maybe just Lucifer, anything about Lilith. If the deal he made with her worked in his favor and he was allowed to mouth off about it, I know for a fact he would've been telling everyone about it during that battle just to be more annoying.

Never seen this statement before, only got into Hazbin Hotel/Helluva Boss in August. I didn't really look up anything outside of the pilot and episodes.

Also, I don't think that statement holds since Lucifer doesn't even know Alastor and clearly doesn't respect him in the slightest. They even admitted in the steam that they were still figuring out what their take on each other would be. It's very clearly changed since Alastor showed no respect to Lucifer, though maybe he does and didn't show it.

But I imagine statements like that would make Alastor seem more impressive.

I'd say the biggest issue there is that Adam himself was only speculated to be strong due to being the leader of the army, since he wasn't portrayed as being powerful at all until this moment. Had he gotten similar statement or hype of being stronger than all of the exorcist angels, I'm certain it wouldn't have been as weird.

But regardless, it's clear that situation in general only happened because of the deal he's in.
Yeah, that was my other point, there could have been some more explicit buildup for Adam. Like Shion says, have a character mention how powerful and terrifying he was during a extermination or actually show him trouncing someone as a preview of his capabilities. That would have been nice, dunno.

To be fair, Alastor having his power restricted by his deal has become a rather common fan theory. I guess many (myself included) want to see Al be able to go toe to toe with the big dogs as the story goes on.

Yeah, that was my other point, there could have been some more explicit buildup for Adam. Like Shion says, have a character mention how powerful and terrifying he was during a extermination or actually show him trouncing someone as a preview of his capabilities. That would have been nice, dunno.

To be fair, Alastor having his power restricted by his deal has become a rather common fan theory. I guess many (myself included) want to see Al be able to go toe to toe with the big dogs as the story goes on.
considering in the finale he's kinda building himself up to be a main antagonist down the line, im assuming he's going to eventually grow in power somehow.

Adam was anti-hyped, like it's never shown he's that strong at all. Moreso just has a massive ego.
To be fair, Alastor having his power restricted by his deal has become a rather common fan theory.
I hope so
I guess many (myself included) want to see Al be able to go toe to toe with the big dogs as the story goes on.
hopefully, maybe once he's free he's lucifer level, which would explain why he doesn't fear him

now, im not to question Reaper's methods usually, but why is it that he put a reference for the series he's from in Husk's pages?

Hazbin Hotel x Spawn would be a really funny crossover for some YouTuber or whatever to make. Obviously them having those characters pop up would probably mean Low 2-C Overlords during that crossover, which is funny in and of itself, but the real thing I want to see is everyone singing to Spawn until he starts breaking down and talking about his wife.

Hazbin Hotel x Spawn would be a really funny crossover for some YouTuber or whatever to make. Obviously them having those characters pop up would probably mean Low 2-C Overlords during that crossover, which is funny in and of itself, but the real thing I want to see is everyone singing to Spawn until he starts breaking down and talking about his wife.

Back