• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Hax Teenaged 8-B Characters: Misogi Kumagawa vs Kakeru Satsuki

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sigh, misogi activates his ability time is erased, kakeru activates his ability the future becomes the present, it's that simple, neither is faster, it is only your assumption that misogi making his time zero is faster than kakeru's ability taking effect, and you realize even with your logic kakeru's ability would already be activated right?

Just not have taken effect yet, which means it will eventually, so even assuming that is the case and misogi erases kakeru he dies later anyway, plus remember this is a neutral universe where neither has any knowledge on each other, he wouldn't know what kakeru's ability could do, and that it would affect him later by your logic.

I don't feel like arguing this anymore, if you aren't convinced with what i have said after all this, it's whatever at this point really, just going to ignore this thread, i have been procrastinating doing my school work anyway.

Iapitus The Impaler said:
Put it like this, these are the events in order.
1) Battle Starts

2) Both activate abilities. One Erases time, the other manipulates the future

[time is halted for Kumagawa, and can act and use Book Maker. The actions here can neither be seen via precog nor manipulated via the future manipulation]

3) The future that was set in place happens, or it would have been. But he since he was sealed by Book Maker the ability doesn't work

So in a nutshell, even if Kakeru set the future an atosecond out, Kumagawa is acting in a frame that technically has no future, and will always take place before whatever future was tried to set. Thus even in the infinite futures he sees, they will have no baring on what happens within that erased time

[you better be adding the Kumagawa votes]
After re-reading the comments. I would like to change my vote to Kumagawa for this provided reason.

That's not Kuma's win though. Kakeru dies sure, but he still got his ability off.

The moment time isn't erased anymore, Kuma dies to whatever future Kakeru decided on.

It's inconclusive at best.

@Celestial Pegasus: The scans you showed are very explicit about the fact that he could only realize that future, because it could happen in the first place. The chance might have been infinitesimal (1 of infinite possible futures), but it wasn't an impossible future.

What this scans say is that there was a future in which she wasn't immortal to begin with, but that this future was very unlikely.

As the scan puts it "IF there was a chance, the tiniest opportunity, the most improbable possibility that 'Liselotte's Death' occur--- Then this eye could make it happen"

In Liselottes case this possibility existed. For some reason, even if it is unknown which that is, it was possible for her immortality to just stop working. Same thing for the "a future where nothing is immortal" thing. That is only possible because in his worth there was a plausible, even if extremly unlikely, way for every immortal to eventually die.

But only because this chance existed for one or a few immortals in some situation, why would it also exist for another immortal, which is immortal through different powers and which is in a different situation?

So I stay at my point that I do not see a chance, opportunity or most improbable possibility that would cause kumagawas ability to fail and vote for misogi until someone can explain me which unlikely chain of events what lead to the desired outcome.

GoldenScorpions said:
From what could Kumagawa die, generally speaking?
Soul destruction or worse. That or stuff which stops his power from working.

I think OP only has the power to count votes unless we probably bring in a Admin or mod. If not this battle will just disappear just like the rest.

Just going to put this thread to bed, Don't Talk is correct in his analysis of Kakeru's ability it only worked cause there was a possibility for Liselott to die, it was mentioned that Avaritia using his rainbow contract to send the demonic stone which is the basis for Liesolott's immortality, along with her soul to 7 different parallel worlds which should have erased it from existence, caused the stone to fracture.

Kakeru specially went about negating her immortality by splitting the stone into 7 pieces, in other words the reason a possibility existed where Lieselott could die, is because her immortality was already weakened by Avaritia's rainbow contract.

The other thing is Kakeru doesn't just think and people get fate manipulated, to kill Lieselotte he had to directly attack her with his sword, 7 times.

In short Kumagawa wins this.

Was this never added?

And why did this went on for so long? A "probable future" is not = to an "improbable future". 2-A Future manip doesn't just somehow find a future where Kumagawa died because it's not possible for Kumagawa to die (and he only chooses the future, a future where Kumagawa dies may be way down the line, unless he can bring the future in the present [if he can then sry]). Minus can't be removed (even stealing or erasing doesn't work) and they won't let Kumagawa die so finding a future where he dies is like finding a future where you lose your first time if you are the only being in existence. It's not possible by any means.

Anyway sry for da nekro was this a stomp doe?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back