• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Confluctor

VS Battles
Retired

Problems:
1. Stats given without any calcs
2. No explanation for a lot of stats on the profile
3. This bit on Haruhi's page doesn't really make sense, I think maybe it should be worded differently?
"Power Bestowal (Extra Senses through feeling the supernatural, Flight and Energy Projection)"​
The same problem can be found on Yuki's page
4. Speaking of Yuki, she has FTL but it lacks justification and cannot find calc on the verse page.
5. Broken link on Miku's page. It's in the notes section. Kind of unnecessary to begin with.
6. Ryoko's page also has FTL but with no justification or calc

I suppose they are using this name because the anime is called "Melancholy of HS"? Idk, but yeah, should be changed to the novel version.

Problems:
calcs for universal+ stats

Problems:
2. No explanation for a lot of stats on the profile
3. This bit on Haruhi's page doesn't really make sense, I think maybe it should be worded differently?
"Power Bestowal (Extra Senses through feeling the supernatural, Flight and Energy Projection)"​
The same problem can be found on Yuki's page
4. Speaking of Yuki, she has FTL but it lacks justification and cannot find calc on the verse page.
5. Broken link on Miku's page. It's in the notes section. Kind of unnecessary to begin with.
6. Ryoko's page also has FTL but with no justification or calc
Which calcs lol?

Ftl comes from this feat

Don`t know if it will qualify or not for lasers here are some scans i found about the laser
87-E453-FE-947-E-49-C1-87-F3-0411-A0-F7-E93-D.jpg

its in volume 2

In an instant, the camera viewfinder suddenly went pitch dark… I couldn’t understand what had happened. I thought the camera had malfunctioned.

[...]

Nagato had her hand in a fist before my eyes. Nagato’s hand had covered the lens and made it dark.

- The Sigh of Haruhi Suzumiya

So I read that volume but it doesn't refer to it as Photon Beam in the LN, just "intensified ray". Tho my scientific knowledge is bare minimum so no clue what it really means. But looking at it from the eyes of someone who is clueless in calculations, this could be SoL at best rather than FTL. But don't quote me on that.

Here are all the relevant scans for this feat:
Suzumiya Haruhi Volume 02 - The Sighs of Suzumiya Haruhi

So I read that volume but it doesn't refer to it as Photon Beam in the LN, just "intensified ray". Tho my scientific knowledge is bare minimum so no clue what it really means. But looking at it from the eyes of someone who is clueless in calculations, this could be SoL at best rather than FTL. But don't quote me on that.

Here are all the relevant scans for this feat:
Suzumiya Haruhi Volume 02 - The Sighs of Suzumiya Haruhi

we should check raws then

Not sure I can help you there lol. Wouldn't even know what to look for. But yeah, going for raws is the better option over anime and translation

What statistics specifically are wrong here? Doesn't Haruhi herself have a 2-C statistic for being able to rewrite and split timelines, and everyone have regular human statistics physically? That seems pretty self-evident.

What statistics specifically are wrong here? Doesn't Haruhi herself have a 2-C statistic for being able to rewrite and split timelines, and everyone have regular human statistics physically? That seems pretty self-evident.
They are talking about the FTL stuff

FTL stuff as well as street level for the time travel. It needs justification/calcs. Haruhi herself is fine

Okay. The FTL statistics should probably be removed then.

Late bump, but why don't we just nuke the verse? The pages are Hella lacking, and sad to say, quite poor too. So, why not just get rid of it?

If someone wants to fix it, they can, but highly doubt they would.

What do you guys think?

Late bump, but why don't we just nuke the verse? The pages are Hella lacking, and sad to say, quite poor too. So, why not just get rid of it?

If someone wants to fix it, they can, but highly doubt they would.

What do you guys think?
I intended to maybe correct them, since I'm reading the LN, but doing them from scratch is infinitely better than correcting the current thing.

Idk how we keep things like Mikuru Beam anyway, since that's a one time power she got nullified (and the two beams were of different nature to begin with. One was light based and the other energy based).

Yeah agreed. From scratch seems much better.

Good luck in making those, and hope you enjoy reading them.

I am not sure if Yuri had the time to read through those and these days I don't have much time for LNs so can't help here

My money is currently given to the Monogatari series, so I didn't read a single Haruhi Suzumiya novel since last time.

Okay. That is unfortunate.

So what should we do here then?

Back