• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Half-Demon, Half-God: Vergil vs Shiryu Rain

Xmark12

FC/OC VS Battles
Retired
In a single cut, a knight is slain, thrown onto a pile of hundreds of others, lying atop a grassy plane in a never ending sunset. The man who slain them all sheathed his blade and walked in the opposite direction, his blue long coat flowing in the wind.

"Hmph, that's the last of them. What a waste of my ti--"

Before he could finish his sentence, the man jumped to the side in a flash, barely dodging beam of light that was aimed at him. He looked towards its origin, seeing a man with a black long coat stand right before him, only a few meters away.

"So, you wish to test this devil's power too, eh?" The man with the blue long coat readied his fighting stance, "Foolishness."

The one with the black long coat said nothing, but his piercing blue eyes said enough: he was there to avenge the ones who were fallen.

The only exchange now...

...is bloodshed.

Vergil (Blue long coat guy)

vs

Shiryu Rai (Black long coat guy)

Rules:

• Final Distortion Arc Vergil vs one seal released Rain.
  • Speed equalized.
  • In-character.
  • Win by whatever they would do in-character to win.
  • The battle takes place on an infinite plane of grass under a never ending sunset.
Music:

Neutral Battle Theme

Vergil's Battle Theme

Shiryu Rain's Battle Theme

Score:

Vergil: 0

Rain: 0

Inconclusive: 2

Vergil.(Devil.May.Cry).full.1271276
50c1806382c8de790cf6b0742b5aca8c

Alrigth, let`s do this. Don`t blink.

This is very close as looking both powers, but one thing comes mind. Does Blue coat man has resistance black coat man power negation?

And other hand can black coat guy survive yamato`s severing particles bonds on subatomic level?

So, what i want know is, how good is black coat guy negation? How fast it is?

Black coat guy has sealing ability, how it work, is it like master roshi used mafuba style or sending opponent another dimension?

So i am trying think senario where black coat guy could negate all blue coat guy abilities, but i am afraid that blue coat man manage to with his hax put black coat guy to corner before he uses his hax.

Or as in black coat guy profile says he wants end thing soon as possible, is this same as he uses his all abilites almost start to take his foes down?

As I said while talking with you, I'm inconclusive about this

This is pretty similar to Vergil's last battle as it's all about precision vs. lasting in a fight long enough.

Apparantly, the way Rain's sealing works is unspecified so Vergil could potentially get out via his portals or Wave Trransmission but who knows?

Shiryu DOES resist both Vergil's Matter and Spatial cutting abilities but only 50% so a well timed spatial cut could seriously screw Shiryu up, possibly even end it right there if the many blades are able to peirce through him.

Vergil doesn't have resistance to his powers being nullified, but if all else fails, he can just go into Blue Demon Form which gives him a stat increase of ten times so he could just plain outpower Shiryu at this point who is normally only base line Large Planet.

However, Shiryu could potentially heal the damage done or outlast Vergil and wear him down with his abilities but Vergil is also very experienced with all sorts of opponents so he may be able to beat Shiryu before that happens.

All and all, I say inconclusive as both have pretty good potential to take the other out.

I think calling them by their names would be less confusing. XP

Aanyways, from what I see, Vergil doesn't have resistance against Rain's level of power negation (I'll be referring to it as Numbers from now on). Numbers are able to negate any abilities that are on Rain's dimensional level, meaning he's able to negate abilities up to High 3-A in this key. On how fast he can negate the ability, it's stated on the profile he pulls it out of a dimensional inventory. Basically spatial manipulation, meaning he can just open a portal anywhere and take it out. It's basically just how fast he can take the Number out of the inventory.

Rain can probably survive Yamato via the Emblem Orb, though it would still be 50% effective.

As for sealing, it's basically like Master Roshi's Mafuba, though it's much faster to activate.

As for wanting to end the battle as soon as possible thing, in this key Rain would be more likely to use all his stronger abilities in the beginning of the fight.

Ah, I see, so I think Vergil could get out then with his portals. I suppose anyway so since they allow him to teleport to different planes of existence in the form of universes.

I forgot Vergil doesn't have True Judgement Cut on this Key so sorry XP

Anyway I still think Vergil has a good chance with his skills and experience and dealing with many things that Rain could throw out.

Still Shiryu does have a chance with all his abilities so I'll stick with Inconclusive.

I know, but i couldn`t resist, they just match in my mind so well. Blue long coat vs black long coat man.

But yeah, after reading comments and final thougs in my minds. I would say another one make mistake -> other win. Well not maybe one, it little ``raw`` say this caliber fighters make one mistake and other is doomed. But when i think this battle trough, i can see how both Vergil and Rain has change to victory. But in my mind difference is so slim, so...

I too say inconclussive.

Back