• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Twilight via Reality Warping (no reason to assume a stronger version of EoH can't do the same.) If that fails she seals him in stone. Stat advantage won't save you from that. How good is his mind resistance?

Alright, I just want to know how good is Green Lantern's:

• Matter Manipulation
  • Reality Warping
  • Illusion Creation
  • Memory Manipulation

Paulo.junior.969 said:
Alright, I just want to know how good is Green Lantern's:
  • No clue.
  • His key calls it limited, I doubt it is better than EoH reality warping which is >> Discord's.
  • She resisted dark magic, which can do both....to millions....for 1000 years...as a Tier 7 unicorn....

Paulo.junior.969 said:
Twilight's page says it is in Small-scale. Should probably remove that tho, overpowering Discord's Reality Warping isn't small scale at all. Also, if you mean Sombra's door, she didn't resist it, Spike woke her up.
True. I think It refers to when she cast her anti chaos spell and succeeded on her second try.

She still snapped out of it. And immediately after saving Spike countered and overpowered the spell on the door with her own magic, where the last time she tried, the door responded with an attempted mind rape.

Paulo.junior.969 said:
That looks more like Power Nullification, tbh. There's a MLP CRT going on right now, maybe you could talk bout it there? I don't know.
I'm pretty sure nullifying a mind control spell would count as resistance, as the door actively performed a counter spell in self defence; meaning, Twilight would have to nullify the illusion the door would create.

Thats mostly for upgrading the small tiers. Though I did see one feat in a Discord episode that could bump the top tiers.

If you don't want to use that one, then go make your own CTR about it, can't use a power that isn't on the page. That "small-scale" still needs to be removed tho.

Can GL rings help the user resist magic? Granted, I know that sometimes people call GL rings "magic" but it's not the same.

I think that's what this fight rides on, because magic opens itself up to hax because conventionally powerful characters may have no stated magical resistance or the issue may have never come up for them. Its frustrating because you could be able to survive the Big Bang but be vulnerable to someone turning you into an orange.

That being said, I ultimately go with Twilight. Disregarding possible hax her magic is ultimately more versatile. GLs are meant to be a very easily understood kind of "magic": you can fly, generate forcefields and constructs, and shoot lasers if you're boring. The only way a writer can abuse its power is by saying "oh, they had enough willpower to make that construct". On the other hand Twilight's magic is less-defined. She's almost As Strong As They Need To Be, able to remember or learn whatever handy new spell will help out this week.

Short answer: there's nothing Hal can do with a ring that I don't think that Twilight could also do with magic. Maybe if speeds weren't equal Hal could blitz her, but with equal speed the princess's magic wins the day.

Phoenix821 said:
I don't believe GL has any specific resistence to magic but I could be wrong
I'd give Hal the benefit of the doubt. One recent storyline has Zod mining crystals that can pierce constructs, seemingly implying that this is a pretty rare phenomenon. I also don't remember GLs or their constructs having any weakness other than the color yellow (though this silly weakness is an old relic), but then again this doesn't necessarily imply any sort of resistance or immunity to magic.

Hal is also one of the strongest Green Lanterns who has ever lived and his willpower is legendary (though not quite at the level of the Guardians who lead the Corps). I'm not sure if willpower is to GL what anger is to the Hulk (i.e. no upper limit so can theoretically defeat anyone), but he could win if he really, really wanted to.

I'm still sticking with Twily out of versatility, but if we really wanted to get specific maybe GL might have fought a DC magic user at some point (or had a fight with any magic user suggested in other forums or sites) that we could use for precedent.

Phoenix821 said:
I've somewhat reconsidered the fight for a meta reason; Twilight is the princess of friendship, and her show is about working together and solving problems peacefully, if possible. Against a more combat-centric character who's theme is about individual willpower, this gives her somewhat of an ideological disadvantage i.e. all things being equal, I'd have a fighting character over a non fighting one.

I may have also completely ignored Hal's superior experience. Twilight as said above is not meant to be a fighting character, and outside of once-a-season premiere/finale villains you really can't say she engages in fights regularly. Even then, she always has her friends by her, or is boosted by other characters somehow (like in her fight with Tirek). In fact, how did she defeat all the major villains of the show? Maybe I'll add more later but off the top of my head I have:

Nightmare Moon: Defeated by Elements of Harmony. Discord: EoH again, then later reformed. Trixie: Actually got beaten by an amulet-empowered Trixie, then had her friends trick her into losing said amulet. Starlight Glimmer: Not actually defeated. She was matched until she found the error of her ways. Storm King: That purple unicorn with the broken horn made a non-sacrifice and stoned him with those stone orb things. Tirek: Empowered by all the other Alicorns.

This is an incomplete list but you get the point: Twilight simply does not make a habit of fighting (let alone winning) battles on her own. She is someone who needs others. This is almost fundamental to who she is as a character. If she could just walk up to the villains and blast them into submission singlehandedly with no advice or assistance from anyone else, it would invalidate the entire premise of her show.

On the other hand, Green Lanterns do often work in groups, but anything more than a pair is generally reserved for MAJOR threats (like a cosmic entity or an evil Superman) and the idea is that they're able to patrol a vaguely-defined Sector all by themselves. He's also part of the Justice League, but I'd argue that's not the same as the Mane Six. The Mane Six need each other's advice and perspective on a constant basis (again, premise of the show it's not a bug it's a feature) whereas the League's purpose is to pool together heroes who are all competent on their own.

Also, what exactly does "speed equalized" mean? I see it everywhere on this site. Does it mean their speed is literally equal (no advantage either way whatsoever) or does it mean that a faster character is still faster, just not enough to speedblitz? Not that I think a speed advantage would come into play here, just that it's an almost universal term that I don't see defined.

Speed equalized basically means ignore the speed seciton on their pages except if they have any speed boosting techniques.

Also Twilight is supposed to be getting additions to her page but they haven't been added yet.

Hal scales to the 1.08 Kilofoe Infinite Mass Punch

Rainbow Power Twilight >>> Full Power Tirek >>> 4 Alicorn Magic Twilight = Post Discord Tirek > Post Mane 6 Tirek > Post Shining Armor Tirek >= Celestia who is 4.08 Kilofoe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back