• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Hajime Hinata vs Alex Mercer

I'll give my vote to Alex at this moment.
Hajime can't really kill him. And Alex's abilities are more combat usable as I see. Also if I'm not wrong Alex is stronger and likely (cause some of links for prototype stopped working I can't see much info) higher into 8C. The only thing I see what will be helpful for Hajime is luck, but even luck won't last for long.

So, it just makes them go into a frenzy? That's not lethal madness manipulation. I don't think it would seriously mess up Alex.

That's the type 1, type 3 I honestly can't recall. But anyway, I really don't think it will grant him a wincon against Alex.

I don't think it would either. (I have an issue with frenzy-inducing madness manipultion being a wincon if the frenzy itself isn't shown to be lethal)

"His luck won't last long"

His luck >>> Nagito's who can passively alter events in his favor even without realizing it, so it having a limit is out of question.

Tho I'd say incon, since Alex's Regen is too much for Hajime, but Hajime's luck prevents him from dying, I remember that Nagito's luck already made passively possible things which have 1 billionth chances of happening, or even disassembling a building from just launching a ball with somehow hitting just the right points, making Alex hitting/hurting Hajime impossible.

if he hits hajime before he sings then sure but it seems unlikely due to hajime having info manip

Afaik, Alex's first move is H2H combat using one of his weapons.
Hajime sees it coming with his analytical prediction and likely outskills in H2H, being superior to Kenshiro, the most skilled human within the entire verse, who’s superior to Mukuro Ikusaba, who was a child solider and had never been touched once.

His luck can ensure that Alex misses or the infection miraculously doesn’t work, much like how he jammed Nagito’s gun, another super lucky student who has lived for over 20 years despite lymphoma and dementia.

Voting Hajime via Precog, Luck, H2H skill, and Madness hax.

The Madness Hax, as I said earlier, wouldn't affect much due to what it does.

Either way, none of this nulls Alex's regeneration. I'm voting incon.

he can just knock him out he doesn't need to kill him
...how do you knock out something that regenerates from being a blood puddle? Being knocked out involves brain damage.

"The heaviest part of the brain puts a lot of pressure on the brainstem, which can be twisted and pulled during the blow as the rest of the brain moves out of place. ... If the part of the brainstem responsible for consciousness is affected, then you would be knocked out."

There's no reason for this to work, and especially not for the 24 hours it would need to count as a victory via incap. Also, shapeshifting nulls that anyway.

Going into a frenzy doesn't mean he's incapable of fighting, which is a requirement for incapacitation. If this madness manipulation doesn't render Alex unable to fight or regen, then it isn't an "incapacitation".

And based on the example shown earlier, it doesn't render Alex unable to fight. It made people kill each other brutally.

About AP:

EoS Hajime > Izuru >> Sakura > Nekomaru = 0.4 Tons

Proto 2 Alex > Proto 1 Alex >> James > Goliaths = Baseline = 0.25 Tons

Both are pretty equal in AP, so Incap is out of discussion.

The singing has knocked people out, actually. And made people become subservient to Junko. And he has the whole passive charisma thing.

And it's not like he will ever be touched, with invisibility lite, super luck, precog and insane skill.

Also, what exactly stops Alex from using

Warp Vortex: Objects thrown by Alex will become engulfed in a vortex of energy, pulling in nearby objects and people, causing sever damage. Only one vortex can be created at a time, whether or not this is a game mechanic is unknown.
or
Shockwave: Alex leaps into the air, creating a shockwave that pulls nearby objects up with him

and killing Hajime with those?

Going into a frenzy doesn't mean he's incapable of fighting, which is a requirement for incapacitation. If this madness manipulation doesn't render Alex unable to fight or regen, then it isn't an "incapacitation".
That’s fine too, considering Hajime has paralysis songs too, so that’ll render anything Mercer does useless.

Hajime backing off.

Or Alex accidentally tripping, or his aim being off, or something else keeping him from suceeding.

Also, what exactly stops Alex from using

Warp Vortex: Objects thrown by Alex will become engulfed in a vortex of energy, pulling in nearby objects and people, causing sever damage. Only one vortex can be created at a time, whether or not this is a game mechanic is unknown.
or
Shockwave: Alex leaps into the air, creating a shockwave that pulls nearby objects up with him

and killing Hajime with those?
Hajime’s luck makes it so none of the debris hits him + precog, and the vortex being a dunce.

Hajime can create shockwaves too, doesn’t matter.

I don't exactly see why him having precog stops him from being drawn into the energy field.

Also, Airtime would nullify most of the things that cause Alex to mess up those techniques.

I don't see why Hajime creating a shockwave would Nullify Alex's pull.

How long does the paralysis song last? If it's not 24+ hours, then it doesn't count as incon.

Thing is that his lucks prevents these techniques from succeding, he could make jam a gun because why not thanks to it, or even being superior to Nagito's who could destroy a school from trowing just a pebble with it hitting just the fundamentals and not being hit from the building collapsing on him.

That ain't hitting Hajime in the 1st place, because either misses or fails in the process.

I don't exactly see why him having precog stops him from being drawn into the energy field.

Also, Airtime would nullify most of the things that cause Alex to mess up those techniques.

I don't see why Hajime creating a shockwave would Nullify Alex's pull.

How long does the paralysis song last? If it's not 24+ hours, then it doesn't count as incon.
He’ll dodge the objects getting sucked in too. Why does any of that kill Hajime, by the way? Considering their AP is near equal, and Hajime has a high pain tolerance, I can’t understand why it would ever kill him.

I meant his shockwave cancels out Mercer’s. Unsure how long the paralysis lasts.

Definitely not 24+ hours as I recall.

That's why is Incon, Alex can't bypass his luck, but Hajime can't bypass the regen.

I'm saying this because if he uses this, and it keeps Hajime in place, then there'd be no way for Hajime to dodge whatever Alex throws at him next. I suppose his Supernatural Luck could cause Alex to miss, but eh.

Back