• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Hacking the fires of the CLOWN KILLS YOU!!!

I really should get to this.

It becomes a little funnier with each bump.

Like I really should get to this, but I consistently lack the energy to maintain discussion when I see this place.

I dunno if I ever will. Maybe if someone else initiates discussion first.

Following.

How does the hacker account for the dangerous and constantly warped environment/area?
You'd need to hit me with specifics, dangerous and warped environments are pretty much the norm in CY_BORG, however.

You'd need to hit me with specifics, dangerous and warped environments are pretty much the norm in CY_BORG, however.
Raining whales and gigantic marshmellows.

Buildings filled with grunts (some armed with weaponary/have weapons inside) and AAHW randomly dropping down.

Rooms randomly being created around the burned hacker specifically (wall by wall).

Whatever the **** this is (since it only affected dead bodies this wouldn't matter too much ig)

Rail tracks with actual trains on them randomly manifesting (Unsure if this is caused by tricky specifically or the improb drive)

Raining whales and gigantic marshmellows.

Buildings filled with grunts (some armed with weaponary/have weapons inside) and AAHW randomly dropping down.

Rooms randomly being created around the burned hacker specifically (wall by wall).

Whatever the **** this is (since it only affected dead bodies this wouldn't matter too much ig)

Rail tracks with actual trains on them randomly manifesting (Unsure if this is caused by tricky specifically or the improb drive)
Raining whales and marshmellows is, I suppose, about as dangerous to either.

Grunts are 10-A with 9-C weapons, and even without armor Hacker has 9-C+ dura, (armored has Wall level). Mixed with the fact that with Nano, the Hacker can theoretically kill an entire building with a single well-used ability, this one isn't really much of an issue assuming they don't just let the Grunts kill them.

If the walls are basically normal concrete the Hacker can escape with their gear, a setback but not a large one.

Fair enough.

...don't be on the tracks, I guess?

Raining whales and marshmellows is, I suppose, about as dangerous to either.

Grunts are 10-A with 9-C weapons, and even without armor Hacker has 9-C+ dura, (armored has Wall level). Mixed with the fact that with Nano, the Hacker can theoretically kill an entire building with a single well-used ability, this one isn't really much of an issue assuming they don't just let the Grunts kill them.

If the walls are basically normal concrete the Hacker can escape with their gear, a setback but not a large one.

Fair enough.

...don't be on the tracks, I guess?
(Laptop started updating had to switch to mobile 😭)

Another thing, most of the reality warping/improb shenanigans never seem to negatively affect tricky. So this is more of a concern for hacker, but the looming shadow over top should be good enough. (day or night btw?)

I was more referring to the chance of a building falling on them rather than an outright fight with the grunts.

Unsure what the walls are made out of.

yeah, people are commenting now, I suppose I'm forced to dig in.

Is the Improbability Drive immune to hacking by any means? I only ask because the technology is probably about on-par with what the Hacker is used to (demon-possessed drives containing reality-altering programs) and so unless it was demonstrably harder to hack than would be expected due to its odd nature, then that is a likely route for the Hacker to go.

As far as Nano is concerned, the Hacker's best option would be Remote Control to force Tricky into an unacceptable situation where he would die- for example, "stand underneath that whale falling from the sky" or "sit still while I shoot you" something. Because the Hacker is entirely relying on his equipment to win this fight, a melee battle is extremely undesirable, so maintaining range is the best option by a large margin.

I don't know what would terrify Tricky, but the tError app would probably also be the most useful to the Hacker here.

Hacker would be in a pretty insanely bad spot but Glitches make up for it, since they basically require Tricky to beat Hacker three times, since each use of the Glitch can undo whatever loss condition the Hacker is experiencing in that moment.

(Laptop started updating had to switch to mobile 😭)

Another thing, most of the reality warping/improb shenanigans never seem to negatively affect tricky. So this is more of a concern for hacker, but the looming shadow over top should be good enough. (day or night btw?)

I was more referring to the chance of a building falling on them rather than an outright fight with the grunts.

Unsure what the walls are made out of.
Both of them fight in extremely night-like environments so I don't think it matters either way but daytime is the default unless stated by OP to be otherwise.

Fair enough. This falls under the same thing as the whale I suppose. A concern, but less of one than it may be.

Is there any reason to presume them different than the usual walls of the verse?

Both of them fight in extremely night-like environments so I don't think it matters either way but daytime is the default unless stated by OP to be otherwise.

Fair enough. This falls under the same thing as the whale I suppose. A concern, but less of one than it may be.

Is there any reason to presume them different than the usual walls of the verse?

Don't think so. I'll mention it if I find anything.

yeah, people are commenting now, I suppose I'm forced to dig in.

Is the Improbability Drive immune to hacking by any means? I only ask because the technology is probably about on-par with what the Hacker is used to (demon-possessed drives containing reality-altering programs) and so unless it was demonstrably harder to hack than would be expected due to its odd nature, then that is a likely route for the Hacker to go.

As far as Nano is concerned, the Hacker's best option would be Remote Control to force Tricky into an unacceptable situation where he would die- for example, "stand underneath that whale falling from the sky" or "sit still while I shoot you" something. Because the Hacker is entirely relying on his equipment to win this fight, a melee battle is extremely undesirable, so maintaining range is the best option by a large margin.

I don't know what would terrify Tricky, but the tError app would probably also be the most useful to the Hacker here.

Hacker would be in a pretty insanely bad spot but Glitches make up for it, since they basically require Tricky to beat Hacker three times, since each use of the Glitch can undo whatever loss condition the Hacker is experiencing in that moment.

Okay so the improbability drive isn't actually the main source of all the wacky things that happen. It allows something called the 'infinite improbable' to do said things to nevada (a power source to simplify it) via acting like an access (a permanent one too). How I would explain it is like using a key to unlock a house.

The house = reality

The key = The improbability drive

Whatever/whoever is trying to get in = The infinite improbable

So taking control of it wouldn't really do much (not even sure if you could take over it). The closest thing to a "controlled" improb drive is the one used by the auditor. He has a specifically built one that's drastically more different than the ones used by tricky or the sheriff and allows him to cause something specific rather than anything random. So yeah the burned hacker trying to use his tech-savvy skills is null due to trickys own virus being used as a reflection (pointed out by comi) and how trickys variant is a glorified conductor.

About the mind manip thing, I actually have an ongoing CRT thats supposed to give tricky resistance to mind manipulation and uhhh yeah...

I mean not only does tricky have resistance to fear manip but he stared at Hank charging towards him with a P90 and a battle axe without batting an eye. I don't think his afraid of anything. How does the illusion manip work? (limits, range, etc)

I see. I forgot to mention physics and gravity will randomly go on a vacation and then come back over and over.

Don't think so. I'll mention it if I find anything.

Okay so the improbability drive isn't actually the main source of all the wacky things that happen. It allows something called the 'infinite improbable' to do said things to nevada (a power source to simplify it) via acting like an access (a permanent one too). How I would explain it is like using a key to unlock a house.

The house = reality

The key = The improbability drive

Whatever/whoever is trying to get in = The infinite improbable

So taking control of it wouldn't really do much (not even sure if you could take over it). The closest thing to a "controlled" improb drive is the one used by the auditor. He has a specifically built one that's drastically more different than the ones used by tricky or the sheriff and allows him to cause something specific rather than anything random. So yeah the burned hacker trying to use his tech-savvy skills is null due to trickys own virus being used as a reflection (pointed out by comi) and how trickys variant is a glorified conductor.

About the mind manip thing, I actually have an ongoing CRT thats supposed to give tricky resistance to mind manipulation and uhhh yeah...

I mean not only does tricky have resistance to fear manip but he stared at Hank charging towards him with a P90 and a battle axe without batting an eye. I don't think his afraid of anything. How does the illusion manip work? (limits, range, etc)

I see. I forgot to mention physics and gravity will randomly go on a vacation and then come back over and over.
Tricky doesn't have resistance to fear manipulation. One of his later keys (the one not being used in this battle) has resistance to madness manipulation, however. This is an effect directly on Tricky, it just affects his sight and induces whatever he is afraid of.

Tricky doesn't have resistance to fear manipulation. One of his later keys (the one not being used in this battle) has resistance to madness manipulation, however. This is an effect directly on Tricky, it just affects his sight and induces whatever he is afraid of.
Check Nevadan physiology page.

Check Nevadan physiology page.
**** I hate verse specific power pages, it's always confusing

Alright, fair enough on that one. It'd still **** with what he sees, but he wouldn't be otherwise negatively impacted by it.

Would illusion just be perma since its fear affect isnt working on him.
Would still be a fairly short period of time each time, one feels, but he can still act- just with ****** up vision.

good match guys, pack it in, glad this came to a speedy resolution

good match guys, pack it in, glad this came to a speedy resolution
Huh, y'know I kinda completely forgot that Burned Hacker was also 9-A in dura and just expected this to be a hax fight like the one with the Heretical Priest. Does this match still work in that context?

Back