• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
From what i read on guts's page, dragonslayer dosen't negate regen

Anyway lets get started

Wolverine:

Adamantium skeleton and retractable claws, Resistance to Telepathy and most known diseases and illnesses, skilled Martial artist, can enter into a Berserker Rage where he attacks randomly on instinct and is even more resistant to telepathy, can duel Death for the right to return to his body when he is killed, weather adaptation, Regenerationn (Usually Low-Mid, Mid-High showings exist), Immortality (Types 1 and 3)

His Adamantium skeleton can presumably withstand Solar System level power

Intelligence: Wolverine is considered the top covert ops agent in the world, mastery of dozens of different martial arts styles. Intimate knowledge of pressure points and human anatomy, Decades of combat experience against all types of international and intergalactic opponents, acute combat reflexes, with a expert knowledge of dozens of languages and world cultures.

Guts:

Intelligence: Guts is an infamously skilled swordsman, being able to take on most apostles and humans with his casual swings alone thanks to the enormous heft of the Dragon Slayer. Guts is an able thinker and a pragmatic fighter, a fact he proves by solving problems with his wits when brute force doesn't work, such as when he used an enemy as bait by disguising them with his cloak, played dead to get close enough to fire a point-blank Hand Canno, and adapting to exceedingly unfavorable situations. Contrary to popular belief Guts is quite clever, as shown when he uses his scientific knowledge. Such as utilizing Dragon Slayer against lightning and puncturing the Sea Gods stomach to take advantage of the difference in air pressure in order to get vacuumed within another part of it's body.

Can attack the Soul Enhanced Physical Stats, Pain Tolerance and Night Vision via the Berserker Armor, Resistance to Possession

Verdict:

Wolverine can come back from the died if guts kills using his dragon slayer

Wolverine can tank anything guts throws at him and even more due to his regen,immortailty, and SS level admaintum skeleton

Wolverine has more experince then guts and is smarter

guts can attack wolverines soul

......yeah it's pretty clear who wins here. Wolverine 5/10

I don't think this point has been stated much, but the Dragon Slayer does actually negate Regenerationn as a result of it's ability to target/attack the astral body. One example is that Slan's physical apparition had her torso blown apart by Guts' hand cannon, in a few panels after she's shown to be perfectly fine. But when Guts attacks her with the Dragon Slayer, the damage seems permenant; in Guts' case (when he recieved an astral wound) he's yet to truly recover from it.

I doubt that Wolverine is going to fare very well against unconventional means of damage towards his body, Guts could simply hack through the fleshy parts of his body and leave him utterly vulnearable. Perhaps even finish him off by shoving a minature bomb straight through his eye socket and having it detonate within his brain.

Wolverine having more combat smarts than Guts is a statement I disagree with, sure the former has statements saying he has fought in many battles (more so than Guts) but the latter has actual feats that places him in another league. I'll cite my respect thread and the profile page for the following feats: "Allows himself to be hit agai, but he uses his hand canno to manipulate his trajectory in such a way which would allow Guts to attack the disciple which was above ground. & "puncturing the Sea Gods stomach to take advantage of the difference in air pressure in order to get vacuumed within another part of it's body." When has Wolverine displayed this level of strategic fighting within his comic books?

I don't really know how to take the "can duel Death to regain access to his body" stuff, it sounds like something that doesnt seem very compatible for vs debates. Similar to stuff like Kratos escaping from Hades; Asura getting out from the afterlife, and in either case. Wolverine has to lose the fight for him to reach that point anyways.

Wolverine has superior healing, durability and experience. As long as he can hold onto his soul from the Dragonslayer for enough time (a likely assumption, he will eventually die, it'll take time, however), he should be able to bring down Guts.

Wolverine: 7/10

90% of Wolverine's experience comes from WW1, WW2 and the Vietman war, which kinda pales to a guy who constantly fights giant monsters that heavily outclass him.

The Legendary Carmine said:
90% of Wolverine's experience comes WW1, WW2 and the Vietman war, which kinda pales to a guy who constantly fights giant monsters that heavily outclass him.
While that is fair, remember that Guts, while more experienced in fighting large, single opponents, hasn't fought as many humanoid opponents as Wolverine.

When he fought these humanoids... how many times did he have the odds stacked against him?
Fighting on equal footing still gives experience. Wolverine also has fought beings that outclassed him in several regards (Iron Man, The Hulk, other mutant members of the X-Men, Apocolypse, the list goes on.), and survived.

Surviving still counts as losing, and yes he can outlast him, unless his soul is destroyed before that happens.

To me it really comes down to who's the most skilled fighter.

Surviving still counts as losing, and yes he can outlast him, unless his soul is destroyed before that happens.
To me it really comes down to who's the most skilled fighter.
Surviving counts as surviving, which means that, even if outskilled, Wolverine has the capacity to endure more than Guts. Again, Wolverine has more experience fighting single, humanoid opponents, which is the experience that matters here.

Wolverine has a disadvantage at range, but is capable and experienced in closing the gap, and there's not much Guts can do to stop him.

Finally, Wolverine's striking power is slightly greater than Guts's durability. Guts will eventually bleed out and get cut down piecemeal. All Guts has is his capacity to attack the soul, and I sincerely doubt it would instantly kill Wolverine.

Guts having astral attacks makes it impossible for me to vote Wolvie here, it is true that Wolverine has fought different kinds of opponents, but the sheer adaptability of Guts is also a point to be brought up. In many situations, Guts has come out on top against more unconventional opponents.

If Guts doesn't have the Berserker Armour I can see Wolverine taking this 7-8/10. This is just because Wolverine and Guts are pretty even in stats at base, with Wolverine being massively more durable, though Guts has very solid durability himself. What really tips it in Wolverine's favour in my opinion is the fact that he can heal off most damage, and his claws would slice through Guts easily. I am not sure if it would cut through the Dragonslayer however since it seems to be magical to an extent. Additionally, Wolverine can enter the Berserker Rage which gives him a stat boost.

However, if Guts does have the Berserker Armour I would give it to Guts 6-7/10. He is way faster, and significantly stronger now, so I can see him evading most of Wolverine's blows and being able to eventually over tax his healing factor.

Is guts even as Teen already like 5 ton from his profile, i go with Guts drag both logan and himself to get some swimming.

Or in another word draw if Guts don't get out of water in time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back