• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Guts vs KARARARZUMA Kiryu

I wanted to make that sometime.

The AP is close. Guts' scaling chain is:
For Kiryu:
  • Kiryu is above 0.111 tons (As Majima, who performed the feat, was recovering from a gunshot at the time, and Kiryu's stronger than Majima), and can amp it with Heat. So I'd say, Kiryu has the advantage, but a small one.
The skill is in the advantage of Kiryu, but not by much. Because Guts too is a skill beast. In comparison to what I wrote right there about Kiryu's skill, Guts always performs his feats with severe disadvantage, like bleeding out and being heavily injured. And obviously, Guts has an advantage in close quarter combat because of his massive Dragon Slayer.

Versatility is surprisingly in the hands of Guts. He has a large sword with 8-A durability, better Enhanced Senses, some level of passive luck, extreme will and stamina, a repetitive crossbow and an explosive hand cannon. He also has Analytical Prediction, but I doubt that will go well against the likes of Kiryu, as he has never really encountered an opponent like him.

What advantages does Kiryu have? Some decent skill above Guts, speed and AP amps with Heat, agility (which also can be amplified by Heat), Tiger Drop (though I do believe that Guts can tank it with his pain tolerance, but it's still a devastating move) and Staminan, which can compensate for his disadvantage in stamina, and of course they will heal him. He also can block bladed weapons with his Heat modes.

So I don't know. I will not vote incon because it definitely is not one, but I'll just think about it.

Golden Pistol and Zap Gun appear a lot in the continuity and Kiryu is often gifted the Zap Gun a lot in the story missions so they're canon, but they're quite useless against high-level enemies.

Oh shit. I'm not gonna debate since idk Berserk well but this is a cool match

Golden Pistol and Zap Gun appear a lot in the continuity and Kiryu is often gifted the Zap Gun a lot in the story missions so they're canon, but they're quite useless against high-level enemies.
Like I said, Kiryu's weapons are hella limited, I don't think they will do much.

Maybe I shouldn't have brought those two weapons as examples of Kiryu's wincon. Their damage output is almost always inconsistent. Then again, has Guts dealt with anything similar to bullets or shotgun shells that aren't arrows? I haven't caught up with any of the newer chapters.

No, but he did block large things like tree logs et cetera.

8-A sword FTW.

Anyways. Considering that they have all of their optional equipment, wouldn't Kiryu have a lot more supportive items that can help him deal with Guts? I swear he has a lot of crazy stuff that his profile doesn't list.

His profile doesn't list all of his optional equipment because there are literally hundreds of items throughout the series that Kiryu can utilize in combat, from needles, pillars to large rocket launchers, and it would take too much time to list and describe all of it. For now I think it's safe to assume he only has recurring weapons, like the aforementioned Zap Gun.

Well, I'm pretty sure you can add "Optional equipment" to a character's profile if they have a ridiculously large one and then link it to some random fandom wiki that lists all of the items that they can get. Too bad that the Yakuza wiki doesn't have that.

So, doesn't that mean Kiryu just annihilates him with every good item he has?

No, Guts can block literally anything Kiryu has. And it's not like Kiryu particularly likes using equipment in character.

Back