• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Cononel's danmaku is basically a bird shooting waves of chicken at you.. While Guts has fought a opponent with flight before. This match should honestly be in the Fun and Games board, or closed for being a stomp.

Each of those chicken legs is Small Building level+.

I forgot to specify that they're both 9-A, though.

Well, Colonel Sanders has True Flight and Danmaku spam, which definitely gives him the edge, I don't know how many Small Building level+ attacks Guts can take before he's taken down, I'd say Colonel wins, but it'd definitely take a while

Actually @JSW

Both the true flight and danmaku spam are exclusive to the bird. If you've read the profile, you'd know that Colonel Sanders is actually a bird wearing a Colonel Sanders suit. The bird breaks out when the suit is damaged enough.

Prior to that, Colonel Sanders is just a melee fighter who can jump high. Better correct that in the profile.

I'm not arguing for either side, though.

If Colonel Sanders can get away from Guts once the suit is broken, he wins, but if Guts keeps attacking the bird and keeping it from flying away, he wins, I think Guts wins, I just see the latter happening more than the former, and with Guts' sword reach he'd have the advantage, and ranged weapons to take the bird out before he can fly away, as well as Gut's greater starting range also helps

Does Bird Sanders' shrinkage lower physical stats? Like say, making someone like me become Below Human level via size? It doesn't seem like it does from the video, so I'd say Guts wins still

@JSW

It doesn't as far as the gameplay mechanics go. Realistically it should, though.

Also, Santos, a character without projectiles, was suddenly given a star-shaped projectile attack upon being shrunk, which became his only attack. Same thing with the other two playable characters; they get shrunk, but their projectile attack becomes their only attack. It implies that the people who get hit are downgraded somewhat.

Interpret this how you will, but I think it's mostly gameplay mechanics.

I say Guts wins, with high diff. Colonel will spam him heavily on the beggining, and cause quite a dent, but with Guts' tactical and combat skills, plus his greater strength and physical attributes, he should win this one.

Guts' durability isn't City Block level in this fight. This is the key where he's 9-A.

I'm not familiar with Berserk all that much, but Golden Age Guts' durability isn't City Block level on his profile.

Again, it's a endurance feat. Not durability because Guts doesn't have 8-B durability at all.

Given he survived hits from someone who's 8-B, 9-A attacks aren't killing him anytime soon.

You see, the problem here is that you say "he took the hit", then you say, "it's not a durability feat, it's an endurance feat". But then you continue say "9-A attacks aren't killing him because he took an 8-B attack", as if it's a durability feat.

The power of the attack doesn't account for a character's endurance -- what does count is how long he can keep fighting after he's been hit with an attack that surpasses his durability.

One well-placed hit can kill Guts easily here, and it would take a while for him to chip away at the bird's durability. But I thought Guts with his superior skill, quick-thinking, and endurance that make this an even matchup.

ArbitraryNumbers said:
You see, the problem here is that you say "he took the hit", then you say, "it's not a durability feat, it's an endurance feat". But then you continue say "9-A attacks aren't killing him because he took an 8-B attack", as if it's a durability feat.
Endurance

Surviving multiple hit from someone clearly stronger than you is endurance. Zodd's attacks are the maximum Guts can take.

Example:people can possibly survive car crashes despite car being able to ram through walls.

The power of the attack doesn't account for a character's endurance -- what does count is how long he can keep fighting after he's been hit with an attack that surpasses his durability.

This is basically my point. Guts took hits from Zodd and was able to continue the battle.

One well-placed hit can kill Guts easily here, and it would take a while for him to chip away at the bird's durability. But I thought Guts with his superior skill, quick-thinking, and endurance that make this an even matchup.

The bird throws three chickens legs at you. I'm pretty sure Guts, a war veteran, can dodge that. Also has the superior range with arrows and his arm cannon.

Endurance

Surviving multiple hit from someone clearly stronger than you is endurance. Zodd's attacks are the maximum Guts can take.

Example:people can possibly survive car crashes despite car being able to ram through walls.

"The ability to withstand hardship or adversity; the ability to sustain a prolonged stressful effort or activity."

This doesn't at all describe endurance as "continuously taking hits". It describes how long one can go without exhaustion.

And about your car analogy: Yes, as long as no vital body parts are damaged beyond repair, they're going to be fine. That doesn't mean bullets don't kill people, or that they can just keep taking car crashes.

This is basically my point. Guts took hits from Zodd and was able to continue the battle.

My point is that you were describing it as if the power of the attack actually accounted for something, which it doesn't. "He survived hits from someone who is 8-B, 9-A attacks aren't killing him anytime soon".

This brings me back to your car analogy: Just because you can survive an 8-B attack that surpassed the durability of your body doesn't mean that a well-placed 9-A+ attack won't kill you.

The bird throws three chickens legs at you. I'm pretty sure Guts, a war veteran, can dodge that. Also has the superior range with arrows and his arm cannon.

I wasn't arguing that Guts would lose -- I cannot even do that as the OP. I was explaining why I did this matchup in the first place. Overall I think they're very even, as they both have advantages in different areas; Guts is much more determined and skilled, while Colonel has a raw power and durability advantage as well as some versatility.

ArbitraryNumbers said:
"The ability to withstand hardship or adversity; the ability to sustain a prolonged stressful effort or activity."

This doesn't at all describe endurance as "continuously taking hits". It describes how long one can go without exhaustion.
Wrong definition

The act or an instance of enduring or suffering.
Now endure

To remain firm under suffering or misfortune without yielding.
~ Endure
My point is that you were describing it as if the power of the attack actually accounted for something, which it doesn't. "He survived hits from someone who is 8-B, 9-A attacks aren't killing him anytime soon".

I was wrong with that statement, which I will admit. But still doesn't mean that the bird is going to one-shot Guts.

I wasn't arguing that Guts would lose -- I cannot even do that as the OP. I was explaining why I did this matchup in the first place. Overall I think they're very even, as they both have advantages in different areas; Guts is much more determined and skilled, while Colonel has a raw power and durability advantage as well as some versatility.

Ok not much to say here.

Also, it will oneshot him if it's five times more powerful than his body can withstand, and hits a vital body part.

The debate is whether or not Guts' skill and endurance can overcome the odds he's being placed against here. Yes he can survive a chicken leg hitting him in the gut with 200+ kilograms of TNT's worth of force and continue fighting like he's always done throughout his series, but if it hits somewhere vital like his head or his heart, he dies. Simple.

But the question is whether or not Colonel Sanders (or the bird inside him) can land that lucky hit before Guts has already cleaved them to death.

ArbitraryNumbers said:
Also, it will oneshot him if it's five times more powerful than his body can withstand, and hits a vital body part.
Chicken legs can hit vital spots now? That's a new one. How do these three pieces of chicken even hit Guts? Who once again is a war veteran with great mobility(even in mid-air).

The debate is whether or not Guts' skill and endurance can overcome the odds he's being placed against here. Yes he can survive a chicken leg hitting him in the gut with 200+ kilograms of TNT's worth of force and continue fighting like he's always done throughout his series, but if it hits somewhere vital like his head or his heart, he dies. Simple.

But the question is whether or not Colonel Sanders (or the bird inside him) can land that lucky hit before Guts has already cleaved them to death.

As I stated above, I can't disagree as this is your personal opinion.

Well, that Chicken leg strikes with 203 kilograms of TNT's worth of force. So yes, it will definitely be able to pierce his body at the very least, and yes it will kill him if it hits his heart or his brain. But that's assuming it ca hit.

Back