• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Speed:
As some of you may know, Viper gets his speed from a statement that he's as fast as light in Justice Rage. However, looking at the events in the Drama CD as translated by the Gunvolt Wiki, this was seemingly in reference to Viper's attack speed, or may have even been referring to the thug Viper was fighting. Official art of the fight shows both were mostly standing still, and Jota said this right after the thug unleashed an attack. As such, it's most likely this is referring to combat or reaction speed. Even if Jota's talking about the thug, Viper reacted to the attack with ease and he should be superior after getting a Glaive.
LD thug: There’s no way flames can defeat water! Take this!

Intense water sfx

Viper: Hah! Alright, ya brat! Did you hate science?

LD thug: Huhahaha, grade school? I dropped outta that!

Jota: What! That man, he’s fast as light!

Nova: He doesn’t need to be as fast as light...

Viper: Water’s evaporated by flames!! EAT THIS!

Continuous blasting sounds

LD thug: Flames...! Fireballs! My signal’s vanishing...! No good...! Guwaaah!

Blasts cease as something drops to the ground

Viper: That childish water gun won’t be enough to put out my flames.
It should also be noted that I found a different translation here (turn on captions) where Jota says that other man was as fast as light, likely referring to the thug with water powers Viper was battling. I'm told the Gunvolt wiki translation is more accurate, but it's worth noting. Of course, Gibril's lightspeed feat is also attack speed. As such, we'd need to go back to Ghauri comparing to Copen's photon gun for movement speed. This means we have Sub-Rel+ movement speed and Speed of Light attack speed and reactions. Speaking of which...

Attack Potency:
Since Ghauri's movement speed would be back to sublight speeds, that means kinetic energy is back on the table. And we already have that at Small City level, just below a "+". Since it's one of Ghauri's weaker attacks, the + would be applied to the Gunvolt 2 cast, though the Gunvolt 1 cast would be stuck with regular Small City level through downscaling. It's all been accepted and stuff, this is mostly a side effect of the speed nerf.

Abilities:
So, there's also some ability changes in this mess of a revision.

Durability Negation and/or Statistics Reduction for users of Carerra's ability: When he was hit by Copen's Power Grab, not only was Asimov's Septima nulled, he also seemingly had his durability reduced to that of a normal human, as he went out of the way to dodge Nori's kick, even though she's seemingly a normal human.

Limited Resistance to Power Nullification for all Adepts, or at least Gunvolt and Asmiov: Despite his power being nullified by Power Grab, Asimov was still able to use Voltaic Chains. Gunvolt is able to use his own skills when his power is nullified. This reasonably should apply to other Adepts with their best skills. However, Power Grab did interrupt Elise using resurrection, though this may have been because Elise died from the attack rather than Power Grab's effects kicking in.

Last edited:
As part of the GV community here, I have to say that this is pretty shaky in my honest opinion since there's no concrete evidence that this is the case. However, it is also grounded.

There are several times in the games where the speed of the characters doesn't make sense if they travel at a constant lightspeed. In several briefings, there's conversations going on about utilizing transports to get to their destinations. Like Copen needing a motorcycle to keep up with Ghauri, and Gunvolt taking several trains to get to his destination, such as when he needed to jump onto a train from a building (as seen from the OVA and implied from the actual game). A lot of problems would be solved if they really can move at light speed, such as no need for methods of infiltration. I'll update all the examples when I replay all three games again.

Copen in LAiX managed to catch up to a train according to the briefing for Sumeragi Building 13 with his mobility, so we can at least say that his travel speed is somewhere similar to a bullet train. This doesn't take away from the fact that he can still move at light speeds in combat though.

I don't know, I personally rather wait until GV3 for new updates.

Also, as a person who has been in the GV Wiki for quite some time now, I can say that, yes, the translations, while only done by one guy typically, is quite accurate. That one guy puts a lot of work into translations, translating pretty much every piece of media on the franchise- so even if he wasn't good, he'd be getting a lot of experience translating to make a reliable... well.... translation

They say it's coming out 2021, or at least, it's planned- I forgot what interview article it was that said that though

Still, it could be coming out in December. LAiX took ages to come out. Anyways, it's not like a new game coming in a matter of months is any excuse to not make CRTs. We went through I'm pretty sure a full year of not being able to do that. Now that we can, I plan on using that privilege.

Well, I don't care too much about tier changes as long as they're reasonable with what we've seen Adepts do, I won't give a vote, just saying that while it's shakey, I don't mind if this is the case

What does this make everyone's Travel Speed, and why would Ghauri not go into his combat speed over his travel speed to attack?

From just my own lookover of this upgrade, I think the upgrade in AP is fine and the downgrade in speed as well. The calc was accepted and while Smash brings up valid points about travel speed, I think that can be explained away as more for plot convenience. Though I will also say that I would like a bit more input on this front to be 100% fine with it.

For the abilities, that first power sounds most like Statistics Reduction not Durability Negation, though I must also ask about Nori. From my brief check of her on the gunvolt wiki, she was the combat teacher for Copen so why might we assume that she's just a normal human? Also might a scan be provided so that I can get a better idea of what's happening?

Limited Power Null resistance sounds just fine, though I also ask for a scan to show exactly what's going on.

I can't provide a scan for either since they're both from an audio drama. I got the translation from here. And yes Nori is just a normal human. There are theories that she may be an Adept, but they're just theories and are shaky at best.

From the looks of it, Greed Snatcher since that's what was used on Asimov doesn't really lower Statistics but just power nulls with one of the powers of Adepts being their heightened Statistics, at least that's what I'm getting from the description of how Carrer's power works. So I would accept it as Limited Statitics Reduction.

And the limited Resistance to Power null looks fine as is.

Alright then. Is one Moderator's approval enough for a verse as small as this? I asked an admin knowledgeable of the verse, SomebodyData. for their opinion, but they haven't responded.

Probably see if you can get two others first, since this looks like a bit of an upgrade for the entire verse.

Last edited:
I'm fine with the exchanges, just feel a bit uncomfortable on basing it on KE but that's how the things here roll

I trust Duedate's sense of judgement.

I'm on it

Edit: I also added an explanation for Joule's causality manipulation, since that confuses some people.

Edit 2: I've finished the main cast, Asimov and Nova. I'll do the rest in the mourning.

Last edited:
Thank you for helping out. Tell us here when you are done.

Thank you. Is there anything left to do here, or should I close this thread?

Nothing comes to mind at the moment, the next time we do this it's likely when GV3 has come out and we take some time to see if anything significant changed in terms of rating

I linked it on Gunvolt and Ghauri's profiles I'm pretty sure.

Edit: I listed it on Ghauri's speed, but I did list it on GV's AP.

I'd give input, but once again, I fell off on Gunvolt hard. I was going to replay the first game to get back into it, but I think I only beat like Merak and then stopped lol

I'm just watching for the lolz at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back