• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

CloverDragon03

He/Him
VS Battles
Calculation Group
Guess who's back? Back again.

So as you can see from the title, this part of the scaling revisions for Guilty Gear will focus on the god tiers... kinda. See, there may potentially be more god tiers in this verse than I thought, based on some findings of mine. However, that's not what I want to focus on for now. I want to focus on reinforcing justifications of the existing god tiers, along with making some other miscellaneous changes related to them.

First up, the god tiers themselves. The rewritten justifications for them can be found here. As you can see, the only one that really has Low 1-C physical stats at the moment is Merged I-No.

As for the other changes, they are twofold. First off, I'd like to propose the removal of I-No's "Suppressing her power while merged with Happy Chaos" key, seen on her profile. Having watched the story of Guilty Gear Strive (this merged state only appearing in Chapter 9), I can confirm that this key just... doesn't exist. I-No never suppresses her power while in this state. This thread is where the suppressed key was accepted, with this reasoning:
I-No should get two keys as a goddess form: she actively represses herself at the beginning out of fear of losing her own identity. Had she not chickened out, she'd have become, as Ariels called her, a being that surpassed time.

Except, this is just... blatantly not the case. The whole story of Strive revolves around I-No trying to regain her power specifically because she wanted to use it to find the answer to who she truly is. So not only does the justification have zero scans backing it up, but it goes entirely against the story of Strive to begin with.

My last proposal is that, in response to this key removal, any scaling to Merged I-No should be (at least temporarily) removed. The only exception is Sol's Zeal-Powered Outrage, since he just straight up killed her. There's a whole rabbit hole of things involving Merged I-No's scaling to other characters, and I'd rather let that be handled in another thread. This would namely involve removing any justifications involving Merged I-No from Ky's Dragon Install justification.

And that's about it, so I'll open the floor to discussion from here on out!

Agree: DarkDragonMedeus
Disagree:
Neutral:

Last edited:
Back