• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Guilty Gear Scaling Revision (Part 2.75): Universal Will & Dragon Install Sol Scaling

CloverDragon03

He/Him
VS Battles
Calculation Group
Currently, Ariels (also known as the Universal Will) has this piece of scaling on her profile:

Attack Potency: Dwarf Star level (Easily fights against Sol, Ky, and Sin, and effortlessly tanks Sol’s 20x fire blast[1])

The underlined part is wrong, as upon further inspection, she never tanks this blast. The blast she tanks is a 3x one, whereas Sol actually claims that Ariels wouldn't survive a 20x blast. Now, we don't know whether or not this last part is true, as he has to stop his attack to go assist Ky and Sin. This means that there's nothing we can gather from the 20x blast, while Ariels tanks the 3x one. So, that should be adjusted.

On this topic, though, I'd like to propose a minor scaling revision. See, not only does Ariels easily tank the 3x blast, but Ariels then questions why Sol doesn't use his Dragon Install, even implying that he'd be stronger than her if he used it. So what? Is the proposition to scale them both to 3x the 3.33 quettaton value they currently scale from, making them 9.99 quettatons (which is Low 4-C) as a result? Well, kinda...

See, the thing is that Base Sol downscales from this value. He's weaker than it. So, adding that multiplier would simply make him unquantifiably below 9.99 quettatons. While there absolutely exists values below this that are Low 4-C, there are also values below this that would still be High 5-A (since we don't know how far below the 3.33 quettaton value Base Sol scales).

To account for this possibility, I'd like to propose that Sol's first key becomes this:
High 5-A, higher without his limiter, possibly Low 4-C with Dragon Install, Low 1-C with Adam's Seed

In addition, Ariels's tier would look like this:
At least High 5-A, possibly Low 4-C

The "possibly" rating is meant to account for both, well... possibilities. After discussing the matter with @DarkGrath, I believe that both situations are very viable, and this should be accounted for.

(Beyond that, I was wondering if Ky's Dragon Install should be scaled to be comparable to Sol's, but I'm not sure about that one)

That's about it from me, so now I'll open the floor to discussion!

Agree: DarkDragonMedeus, DarkGrath
Disagree:
Neutral:

Last edited:
I think this looks good. I think "possibly Low 4-C" for Dragon Install is fine, considering 3.33 quettatons is the AP of an amped attack from someone whose base is relative to him.

Well no, below 3.33 quettatons is Sol's base. His Dragon Install is upscaled higher than his 3x fire blast since Ariels claimed it to be stronger than her despite effortlessly tanking said blast

That's what I said. According to his profile he's relative to Justice's base and 3.33 quettatons comes from his amped attack.
Ah wait yeah I confused myself, I thought you were saying the 3x blast was 3.33 quettatons and I was like "No...?"

The underlined part is wrong, as upon further inspection, she never tanks this blast. The blast she tanks is a 3x one, whereas Sol actually claims that Ariels wouldn't survive a 20x blast. Now, we don't know whether or not this last part is true, as he has to stop his attack to go assist Ky and Sin. This means that there's nothing we can gather from the 20x blast, while Ariels tanks the 3x one. So, that should be adjusted.
Yes, this was a detail I misremembered in the scaling revision. I suspect the reason I misremembered is because of this part, where Sol actually does hit Ariels with a blast after his previous charging - however, I can't see anything in the scene that proves this actually is a 20x fire blast. This should be adjusted. It's important to note that Sol's page also has the same error on it, and should be revised accordingly:
(Ariels implies that Sol would be stronger than her if he used his Dragon Install[1], with Ariels being capable of tanking Sol’s 20x fire blast at point-blank range[1])

On this topic, though, I'd like to propose a minor scaling revision. See, not only does Ariels easily tank the 3x blast, but Ariels then questions why Sol doesn't use his Dragon Install, even implying that he'd be stronger than her if he used it. So what? Is the proposition to scale them both to 3x the 3.33 quettaton value they currently scale from, making them 9.99 quettatons (which is Low 4-C) as a result? Well, kinda...

See, the thing is that Base Sol downscales from this value. He's weaker than it. So, adding that multiplier would simply make him unquantifiably below 9.99 quettatons. While there absolutely exists values below this that are Low 4-C, there are also values below this that would still be High 5-A (since we don't know how far below the 3.33 quettaton value Base Sol scales).

The "possibly" rating is meant to account for both, well... possibilities. After discussing the matter with @DarkGrath, I believe that both situations are very viable, and this should be accounted for.
We discussed this off-site before you made the revision, so you should know that I'm content with this. I feel it is worth being more specific, however.

The feat which base Justice scales off of is, as you know, a feat Justice performed while powered up - hence, base Justice scales down from it, as do all the characters who scale to base Justice like Sol. There is an explicit statement about how much Justice was powered up by (specifically, it states Justice was at her "maximum output + 40"), but what exactly this 40 refers to is not made clear in the text. Even taking the highest realistic possible interpretation (that is, that this was "40 extra maximum outputs"), that would still place base Justice's maximum output at a bit over 81 ronnatons - which is still quite far into High 5-A, hence the current ratings.

So this indicates that Sol, who is at least comparable to base Justice, sits somewhere roughly around the range of 81 ronnatons at the lowest to 3.33 quettatons at the highest. Using this multiplier, then, it can be reasonably inferred that the 3x blast is somewhere around 243 ronnatons to 9.99 quettatons. With this in mind, there's quite plausible values in both the High 5-A and Low 4-C range for the multiplier. I think the only realistic way to account properly for this is to list the 3x blast as "possibly Low 4-C".

(Beyond that, I was wondering if Ky's Dragon Install should be scaled to be comparable to Sol's, but I'm not sure about that one)
I don't really recall if the strength of Ky's Dragon Install is ever directly compared to Sol's, unfortunately. I doubt there's nothing on it, however. I may take a look in my own time.

I'm also willing to drop the point about Ky's Dragon Install if need be, given that his justification never even says anything about being comparable to Sol's to begin with and I don't believe he's ever shown fighting Sol with it (I believe he beats Sol before he can even use Dragon Install)

Back