• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Guilty Gear Regen?

I noticed this on the Guilty Gear pages recently.

"Low-High; Regenerated from puddle of blood"

"Mid-High; his regeneration is superior to Raven's, and he can regenerate from being reduced to ash"

Anyone know where the former comes from and why Sol's regen would be comparable to Raven's? I've heard some claim Raven stated it somewhere but no source I've seen at the moment.

As of now we don’t really have any scans since the only person who worked on Guilty Gear isn’t on the wiki anymore, but the series will go through a massive revision in the future.

It sort of a weird scaling thing given the nature of gear cells and having regenerative properties and kind of fluctuating in potency between say the lowest being sol regening from cuts, slashes, and piercing to testament and raven regen from blood and ash.

I'm a couple years late but I had the same question and believe I found the answer.

I believe testament regenerating comes from his 22p/22k where he turns into blood and then reconstitutes himself in a different place from blood. The argument for it not just being an odd form ofblood manipulation teleportation being that he grips his head as if it hurt. (Admittedly not the best defense)

as for the info that sol has comparable regen to Raven. The reason we don't have a screen shot is because it comes from the untranslated Guilty Gear: Thunder The Argent. Which doesn't even have a fan made english translation available. However I found the statement by looking at gear-project's tumblr as he's implied he's read it before, a long time ago.

Raven: "... Don't get greedy.You'll learn the truth sooner or later."

Sol: "To hell with That Man, and to hell with his lap dogs..."

Raven: "...I won't forgive if you insult him. He gave you an immortal body, what right do you have to complain?"

This is as close to evidence I could find for Raven saying Sol has comparable regeneration. Raven himself is immortal having lived for thousands of years, and being able to regen from anything. So for him to say that sol is immortal and has no right to complain says quite a bit especially since raven himself wanted to die before meeting that man.

EDIT: feels important to note that gear-project mentioned that this level of regen immortality would only apply to Dragon install sol since that is what Asuka gave to sol (via bullet) and also the Flame of corruption has been mentioned by jack-o to be immortal. There could be further evididence that Sol has Raven level regen in DI within the novel, however we would need to get an english translation for that to be confirmed

Back