• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Guilty Gear Powers & Abilities Revision (Part 1): Gear Physiology

CloverDragon03

He/Him
VS Battles
Calculation Group
Yo! This will be a separate series of threads from the scaling revisions, this one focusing on the - honestly - very bad Powers & Abilities sections of the Guilty Gear characters. For Part 1, I'd like to consolidate a number of shared powers and abilities shared by a prominent part of the series: the Gears. The guilty lads themselves.

Yep, I'm proposing a Gear Physiology page, which you can see right...

Here!

Yes, Dizzy's portrait is from her recent reveal for Strive, I'm just like that

How the revision would go down is simple: If this page is accepted, it'll be made an actual verse-specific P&A page and be applied to all the Gears that are indexed - which are luckily all on the page itself. Obviously, any ability overlaps would be removed. I do notice that Testament has Low-High Regen for regenerating from a pool of blood, but the idea is to remove that because it's completely unsourced and I have yet to find it from anything where this would be suggested (such as Kliff's story mode in the OG Guilty Gear). Sol has Mid-High regeneration, but he has so many abilities that I'm less content tackling that now when a revision for Sol's profile could absolutely do the job if it comes to that.

That's about it from me. Have fun!

Agree: DarkDragonMedeus, DarkGrath
Disagree:
Neutral:

Last edited:
There's an issue I have with one of the abilities listed and its justification.

Looking at the scene in question, I think you've misunderstood what Johnny was saying here. To use the full quote and its context:

May: "But... hey... How did all you guys get here?"
Johnny: "Uh... When I was first stuck in that damned cell, I thought 'Why not try and serve my time like a normal person?'. Temporary insanity, I tell you! As soon as I felt the Gear's viscous aura, I came to my senses, broke out, and came looking for you!"
Johnny is concretely not saying "the vicious aura of the gears sent me into temporary insanity" - he's actually saying the opposite. He's saying he was going to do something he'd never usually do (that is, serving a prison sentence instead of trying to escape), and that the moment he felt the 'viscous aura' of the gears, he realised that was an insane idea and decided to break out.

Otherwise, the page looks good.

Last edited:
I've removed Madness Manipulation (Edit: Now Aura as well) based on what Grath's brought up. Added her to agreeing afterwards since she said everything else looks good

Honestly I'm kind of embarrassed that I missed that

I understand. I'll remove Madness Manipulation, then
I would recommend removing the Aura ability as well. To say that someone has a "(blank) aura" is a common turn of phrase to refer to the emotions you feel when in their presence, and the Aura ability refers explicitly to supernatural showings dependent on exhibiting energy outwards. Johnny saying the Gears had a "vicious aura" in isolation doesn't mean much.

Back