• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Groot AP Justification

Ok, I just saw Groot's AP justification...and it's pretty darn wrong. I'm sorry, I've got no other way to put that. But, let me elaborate:

1. Contradictory: It says he's comparable to Gladiator but then says he can evenly fight Cosmic Ghost Rider. Gladiator is, more or less, on the same level as Thor. Cosmic Ghost Rider is stronger than Thor, both from his display against the Avengers, who really were making no headway against him and his killing of a younger Thanos, who still be stronger than Thor. You can't say Groot's comparable to a weaker character and then say he's even with a stronger character.

2. His showing against the characters he's compared too aren't that good. Let's go into this:

- 2.A.) Comparing him to Gladiator...is a stretch. It wasn't a fight, it was one hit and he then got tossed aside alongside several others like trash. Gladiator has been assaulted and knocked around by numerous characters including Vulcan and Kid Cyclops. Hell, we've got Drax and Angela also getting in hits. Does that make them 4-B? Of course not. It's not enough to get that rating. Ignoring the sheer inconsistency, this wasn't a knockdown, drag out fight that leaves the Groot comparable to Gladiator. It's a short engagement where he, alongside others, get some hits before being taken out immediately. Shoot, in this same comic, Kid Cyclops, who shouldn't even be as powerful as Adult Cyclops (whose 5-A at best), made Gladiator cry out in pain. So, the comic's powerscaling in wonky to say the least and Gladiator immediately dispatches Groot anyway. Ergo, the showing, isn't much of a showing. If we take that to be a showing, then a lot of other characters need to be 4-B based fighting Gladiator or similar scenes. Also, I'm assuming it's this instance because I can't find any other.

- 2.B.) Comparing him to Cosmic Ghost Rider has much the same issues as Gladiator. It's one scene...that's more humorous than serious. Even if we say it's not meant just for comedy, CGR is a character that holds back often and rarely uses his powers to their fullest. Saying Groot evenly matches him based on the above scene feels like a major stretch. There's just not enough to this scene to warrant anything.

Conclusion, I say we move Groot to Unknown tier until we can find better feats. What he has right now feels like it was dredged up to just to justify giving him a tier.

The optic blasts aren't Gladiator tier either way.

I know but that would suggest 5-A since glad was damaged by him, and also by groot. This suggests that they should be comparable. One feat isn’t enough.
I am not super knowledgeable on comics and unless I had some sorta comic website, I can’t read much about them.( is there some sorta readcomics. org?)
Ask some folks with more experience with this series.

Well *************** is still around, you just can't directly link to it on the wiki.

This seems fine to apply to me as well.

Btw: You can go to *************** . to, and look for specific comic book issue numbers, but we have prevented direct linking to them to avoid any copyright complaints.

Back