• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Iirc Nightmare in this key doesn't actually start Watch This based off the Kenshiro and Dante threads

Yes. He can obliterate souls. And even if Danny somehow kills Nightmare, Soul Edge ain't gonna deal with that shit and just take over Danny to make a new Nightmare.

Well I'll swap Nightmare out for Groh, might be more viable if Low Godly for Danny isn't combat applicable

Low-Godly Regenerationn for Danny Phantom ghosts is combat applicable. It is explained in the notable attacks / techniques section but I'll explain.

To go into quick detail. Ghosts in Danny Phantom have "cores" which are small orbs. These cores are made up of a ghosts unique ectoplasmic energy and their consciousness, and are Non-Corporeal. The ghosts then manifest "bodies" which is what you see them as most of the time. These bodies non-corporeal as well (as shown many times) but in order for ghosts to interact with the real world they need to make themselves tangible.

They can regenerate their physical form in seconds if they want but it's not passive, ghosts half to manually activate their Regenerationn. Their core however takes minutes to regenerate if shattered. So yes, Danny's Low-Godly Regenerationn is usesable in combat.

His Body has (Low-Godly), His Core has (High-Mid).

His resistances are explained on his resistance tab (not the exact numbers). But I'll explain them quickly.

Possession, Mind Manipulation, and Soul Manipulation: He hard resists Possession on a biological (molecular level), mental and spiritual level. He no sells Mind Control that effects 5,000 people at the lowest and he can tank attacks that effect the mind. He resists attacks that effect the soul.

So he has decent mind hax resistance but if you have anything at city level or above he is screwed since City level resistance is his High Balled cap. His soul resistance isn't that great, if you have anything a bit above the average soul attacking he's screwed.

Dang Griffin your explanations are always brilliant just wanna say that chief. ^.^

Anyhow Groh has BFR and Soul Manip though both seem to be only applied when he beats his foe, Malfested however he can likely use Soul Manip like Cervantes. Though I'm not sure what the potency is but I imagine its nowhere close to Nightmare (Orginal could yeet an entire army so I assume Reboot can as well but Groh is likely far lesser than that.)

Any response Cinder?

Gr├©h's Soulhax is in all of his attacks in this key, which are strong enough to cause the protagonist to flee their first encounter, who fought and killed Soul Charged Azwell while fighting in Astral Chaos.

Considering it's an alternate dimension larger than Earth and has a ******* nebula in one of the backgrounds, yes. Gr├©h channels a portion of it through his attacks.

Well Azwel is prolly 2 Teratons based off the Liu Kang thread, Groh is probably above that but I'm not sure by how much. What's Danny's?

I don't know the exact level between the two but Danny's forcefields easily block attacks from people much stronger than himself (by that i mean they can two to one shot him) and it can reflect the physical force of attacks as well.

I'll comment about who wins in a second.

The Protag beat Azwell without too much difficulty, I'd honestly say Mid-Diff. Gr├©h made that same Protag run the **** away because they would probably lose, until they pulled Soul Edge or Soul Calibur out of their ass to kill him. They later fight again after Astral Chaos makes his Soul into a malfested summoned from an Astral Tear, and the Protag wins without either of the Swords.

Sorry it took me a minute to comment. As much as I hate to say it... And I really hate to say it, Groh wins this Mid to High Diff.

Overall Fight

Gorh out skills Danny. While Danny is a capable fighter he isn't someone with decent relies on his various powers to aid him in combat and he's a bit random at times. I think their around the same in terms of AP but I'm not 100% sure. Speed is Equalized. This thing that causes Danny to lose this match is the fact that he doesn't know Groh can hit the soul. Danny would try and go intangible but this would be countered by Soul Attacking that is beyond Danny's resistance which lead to his demise.

Now while Danny also has body control which he does use a lot and is an option when avoiding attacks. Groh could just teleport to catch Danny off gaurd and going by Groh's intelligence, it states that's how he fights. Danny's forcefields should be able to stop Groh's assault but he will need to drop it in order to counter attack unless he puts Ice on it which will freeze Groh solid and that's game over but Danny only did this once just like his light attack he used to blind the GIW.

Danny does outrang Groh with Flight and Ghost/Ice Ray but Groh shouldn't have to much trouble dodging with the exception of Danny freezing the ground and messing up Groh's footing. Groh has Enhanced Senses and Extrasensory Perception so I'm assuming he'll be able to outright see or sense Danny so using his invisibility is out.

Conclusion

The real reason I would give this to Groh is do to Soul Attacks and his fighting style. Groh seems to have a set way of fighting which is trying to end the fight as fast as possible. This added with skill, teleportation and his extrasensory perception grants him the highest chance at winning early in the fight.

Don't get me wrong. Danny has some solid win conditions. His duplication will give him the numbers advantage, his ice shields would spell doom for Groh on contact and he could get a win with possession. However, Danny has no set way of fighting which is a good and bad thing. It makes him unpredictable but also hinders him at times. Danny would eith try close combat which is a bad idea or go for range which is a better option. He does use Ice Powers a lot but not 100% of the time. Sadly, Danny might not open with the right move to counter Gorh so his chances at winning are lower. Danny is also quite cocky and doesn't go full blown serious early in his fights which hinder him many times in the series.

This is a Quality vs Quantity match and Groh edges out in the end do to his quality. Funny enough, this would be Danny's first valid lose since all his additions.

XSOULOFCINDERX said:
Just want to point out that Gr├©h can teleport into the air.
I ment by how far Danny can fly up. Him being able to teleport into the air is one thing but how high he can teleport is another. What's his range with Teleportaion?.

Not sure on the range but I more so meant if Danny tries to float like 20 or so feet above him then Gr├©h can Teleport slash him.

Oh yeah for sure, he could do that. I wasn't denying it.

I was talking much higher in my previous comment. In several of his battles, Danny has flow near and up to the clouds to get away or fight his opponent. Although he most likely won't start of doing this any. I was just given things he could do, but yes, Groh can catch Danny no problem if he doesn't fly high enough.

Back