• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Griffin resists fate hax that controls the flow of the world, so he's not going to be affected by luck hax making his attacks not work or have a heart attack or something.

Which means that Reggy's luck hax can only affect himself to make him win his coin flips and such.

Which means that Griffin does what Blah said.

Pretty sure Ed and I didn't pay too much attention to the hax we were letting in at first, and Monarch was looser there than we collectively have been with EWRW. Also, Reggy is a character who has a very specific theme, while Griffin's theme is something with broad and wide reaching applications.

Luck only works on inevitable events. Anything less than inevitable and it won't change a thing.

i.e. if Griffin doesn't use something that makes there a 100% of getting hit, his attacks will be fine.

True, but isn't he making a single event the only event? Which would be negated by the high rank luck, meaning pretty much everything else is fair game.

He doesn't have to make a single event the only event.

Hell that's not even the main use of his space-time lock down, the main use is just freezing stuff.

I mean

I'm just pointing out the flawed logic used above. You're free to use other reasons.

Though I really wonder

How the hell was something like Griffin allowed when Reggy was enough to whip the entire EWtRtW RP into insanity?

Griffin never really showed off his powers. Almost everything he's done has been fairly tame space / physics hax.

So the fact that he could theoretically make a spell to do basically anything got overlooked.

Also Reggy's luck basically just let me say "and then this happens" so it was usurping the GM a bit.

I find it hard to believe that something that locks in a possibility is allowed in anything but abstract battles tbh

I mean as ive said before EWtRtW could handle that kind of hax outside the tournament since its more about characters then fighting.

Generally it's a really short possibility.

Like, what happens in the next second in a very small area.

It also can't be spammed due to obscenely high mana costs.

Back