• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Greymon vs Natsu Dragneel

Status
Not open for further replies.
His punches contain soul attacks

And for the record people, no, it's not going to instantly kill Natsu without resistance.

I'm sure they're both fired up to fight against each other since they're both boiling with rage

Hopefully someone with a burning passion to debate can light the flame on this conversation, cause our fire puns are reducing this thread to cinders

One Consume him

Two his Mind Manipulation is really overtime depending on how many hits he gets.

>Consume him

The has to be careful with that. If he leaves the smallest flame behind, he has to deal with 2 Meramon (Hence why I refrained from making this fight. Growlmon, Greymon, GeoGreymon, Coredramon, etc would be a lot fairer for Natsu.). Not to mention all Meramon's attack will hit the mind and soul. Not to mention if Natsu uses any fire attacks, he will strengthen Meramon (same vice versa)

Growlmon, Greymon and GeoGreymon. Although Growlmon has shown to actually Mind Control people.

Coredramon has an instant kill flame move. Key word being flame move.

Well I guess I'll get serious

How good is Greymon's reactive evolution and stat amping? I still see mind and soul attacks in his profile, so that's gonna mess with Natsu pretty bad.

This is pretty close, while Natsu has resistance against fire and can eat all of Greymons fire, Greymon has the huge physical strength and size, however Natsu has beaten bigger creatures, and has damged dragons, as well he has been impaled by a horn straight threw the stomach and survived, however, I don't know if Greymon is a dragon or not...

since it appears Greymon does not have fire resistance on his page, and Natsu's gonna eat all of Greymon's fire, I Have to give it to Natsu with Extreme Difficulty, if Greymon is a Dragon, Then Defintely Natsu takes it.

Time to vote.

Attack Potency
Natsu has a decent advantage over Greymon.

Natsu: +1

Abilities
Natsu is a Dragon Slayer and can absorb Greymon's flames. And yes Greymon indeed does count as a Dragon.

However, Greymon is not all about spitting fire. All of his attacks hit the mind and soul. So regardles of what Greymon does, Natsu is gonna take some pretty hefty damage, even from a simple tail swipe.

Greymon can also buff his AP by up to 50% via Attack Charge and Double the power of his next attack via Acceleration Boost. So in the end, Greymon has more dangerous abilities overall.

Greymon +1

Intellect
Both are actually very skilled fighters who pretty much act the same way in a fight. Both choose the option of brute forcing their opponent. However, Natsu has come up with more ways to adapt to situations than Greymon.

Natsu: +1

Overall
I say Natsu wins this one 5.5/10. Why?

Simply put, his natural higher AP, the ability to eat Greymon's flames and the fact that he's a Dragon Slayer fighting a Dragon Digimon gives him a pretty decent advantage.

Greymon however, has the means to counter all of Natsu's powers, coupled with the fact that even his simplest attacks = deadly blow. But Natsu also has more mobility due to being much smaller than Greymon. Not to mention most of Greymon's advantages minus the Soul and Mind attacks require activation, while most of Natsu's comes naturally.

Natsu for reasons by Dragonmasterxyz

Plus since Greymon shoots fire with Nova Flame, Natsu can feed on the flames until Greymon (or Tai) notices that and stop feeding him.

Overwrite is out of Greymon's control honestly. In fact, if Greymon is too emotional at the time it so happens to activate, it could cause a violent reaction. Overwrite is basically a Wild Card as it could hurt Greymon instead of help him.

@Dragon so he's one of the few digimons that aren't as efficient in using overwrite as others huh? Interesting.

No, the same can be said for all Digimon. However, less emotional Digimon like say Renamo and such are more likely to have more successful Overwrites as they won't threaten themselves via emotions more times than not. There is basically a 50/50 shot whether Overwrite proves useful or not.

Overwrite: All Digimon can rewrite their data, so that they are able to react to various situations that were once problematic for it. This usually causes a gigantic increase in power and sometimes new skills and resistances are gained. However, the more emotional the Digimon is, the more violent the overwrite becomes.

Safe to say if Overwrite did succeed then yes, Greymon would easily gain the AP advantage. Although I don't like the idea of betting on Overwrite to give Greymon the win.

You can get resistances as well. The whole idea of X-Antibody Digimon (One of the biggest examples of overwrite) is them Overwriting to adapt to Yggdrasil's System Erasure. Hence why all X-Antibodies resist EE.

GreymonX2
Greymon X-Antibody

No, I'd argue that it could grant Elemental resistances. For example, one can easily argue that SnowAgumon/YukiAgumo is a result or regular Agumon Overwriting in order to adapt to the harsher freezing climates.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back