• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rock Lee VS Neji Hyūga

Rock Lee: 7 (@GokuSparkle, @Kin201, @ApiesDeathbyLazors, @Cauann2K, @XSOULOFCINDERX, @Popted2, @DivineAura44)
Neji:
Inconclusive:

tumblr_o16m776ljf1sbbfwho3_500.png
8c77f75fb8a782674977ef71e1c9acbc.gif

Last edited:
I guess this means it'll take place if they got matched up during the preliminaries. In that case Lee would be very motivated to go all out and he would know that just fighting Neji normally will end poorly and he knows one hit will spell his end. So he'll definitely take off his weights and resort to at least 1 gate immediately. Idk if that will be enough to blitz Neji but if it does a primary lotus will kill Neji. He can't use rotation in midair so no protecting once that's over. If he uses rotation when Lee opens the first gate, then Lee won't be able to hit him, but he could strike right after the rotation has finished. But more likely I think is him using 4-5 gates and ending it immediately. There's absolutely no way Neji will react to that shit. Even Kakashi needed the sharingan to keep up, which is saying a LOT. And yeah technically rotation is 7-C and Lee couldn't penetrate it but again he'll wait and when it's over Lee will pounce on him and absolutely murder Neji. This is all assuming Neji has rotation at this point, which tghe profile doesn't consider so that makes it even worse.

Didn't this match already happen in canon? Neji stomped base Lee and Lee admitted that fist gate is nowhere near enough to compete with him.

Not sure why everyone's assuming Neji doesn't have rotation. He uses it in the Chūnin Exams. I'm also unsure exactly how quick Lee will resort to the Gates. He needed Guy's permission before he used it against Gaara. That being said, I agree that Lee will be taking this fight more seriously Neji, and that underestimation would likely be Neji's downfall.

Not sure why everyone's assuming Neji doesn't have rotation. He uses it in the Chūnin Exams. I'm also unsure exactly how quick Lee will resort to the Gates. He needed Guy's permission before he used it against Gaara. That being said, I agree that Lee will be taking this fight more seriously Neji, and that underestimation would likely be Neji's downfall.
It's likely, but the shock of Hiashi and Hanabi makes it possible he didn't know it until he trained during the 1 month, and the profile doesn't accept him having it then.

He'll get Guy's permission again then.

I mean, Neji being shocked about Rock Lee's power doesn’t implies inferiority. You could argue that Kakashi was more impressed than Neji was, despite that that version of Kakashi was still quite superior to Lee.
It implies Neji would have underestimated Lee if they fought though, which is Lee's saving grace here. Neji's kind of an arrogant ass early in the series.

I mean, Neji being shocked about Rock Lee's power doesn’t implies inferiority. You could argue that Kakashi was more impressed than Neji was, despite that that version of Kakashi was still quite superior to Lee.
It really does tho. And Kakashi was not more impressed.
Naruto Chapter 85 Page 17

Kakashi was just observing his strength, but Neji was in pure denial.

Back