• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

(Grace) Mad Man Fights a Magikarp

GreyFang82

He/Him
I'm recreating a fight from the intro song

Both 9-B

Speed is Equal

Fight takes place on a boat in the lake

Who wins and why?

David: 1 (MaxForward)

Magikarp: 8 (GyroNutz, ABoogieYesSir, Jackythejack, Jasonsith, TheRavenPirate, Jimboydejuan12, TheArsenal1212, and TheMonsterOfTheAbyss)

Inconclusive:

David and Magikarp

Magikarp has every advantage bar perhaps intelligence. It has the range advantage, the AP advantage and passive fear manip that makes David think twice about attacking it. Seems decisive.

GyroNutz said:
Magikarp has every advantage bar perhaps intelligence. It has the range advantage, the AP advantage and passive fear manip that makes David think twice about attacking it. Seems decisive.
Um... No? Did you see Magicarp's AP Calc? The 1000m Calc was accepted which put it at 98,000 joules. David is at 239,021 joules for hurting himself. That's an AP advantage of 2.4 times. David has greater AP, Durability, and Intelligence.

I looked at the wrong calc for David. Magikarp still have greater range and versatility, plus better mobility, so I'm sticking with my vote

GyroNutz said:
I looked at the wrong calc for David. Magikarp still have greater range and versatility, plus better mobility, so I'm sticking with my vote
It doesn't have all that versatility but does have great mobility (while only in the water). The only versatility it has is its only ranged attack: Hydro Pump and the other move he has -> Bounce would actually be a bad Idea as it would get rid of the increased speed (Because swift swim is when it is raining or in water) leaving it open for david to grab it and put it into the boat. Splash is useless Flail is pretty good but once again it needs to be on the boat or jump out of the water.

Hydro Pump is 100% (which is the ranged attack) is a big problem for David but the other two points are not 100% always in play.

Also if you look at the empathy and fear manipuliation you can see its Magicarp using his own fear to speed himself up and empathy to empower other pokemon. It doesn't have fear hax.

David has absolutely no versatility tho, plus Magikarp has slight healing and Regenerationn which also give it an edge.

Ok, just because someone has one more thing than a person doesn't mean it's a decisive match.

David's higher AP overshadows Magicarps Low regen. Had the regen been higher it would be a big factor. But Low Regen helps over a long battle with equal AP, meanwhile since Magikarp is out matched 2.4 times it's not really that big of a deal.

Self Healing can only be used once by the way with an oran berry. Also let's look a David's stamina: He got hit by a bus twice and got back up like nothing happened. Both those crashes does 2.4 times more damage than the hydro pump from this Magikarp and it can only do it 5 times.

Now I'm not saying David does win this, but I am saying this is a closer match than you think.

But in all honesty, David could lose this because of his lack of fighting and pacifist nature. I mean he knocked out a person but that was basically blood lusted and jealous.

I'm aware of everything you said. But a 2.4x advantage isn't so good that healing and Regenerationn won't help, especially since Magikarp will hardly be hit at all with superior mobility, superior range and passive fear manip.

I just told you the fear manipulation isn't to make others scared it's for it to harvest its own fear to speed it self up.

But your other points are valid so when I'm on a computer I'll add your vote.

No, the fear manipulation comes from the Intimidator IQ skill, which makes opponents too scared to attack

Yeah it is, I added it yesterday. If you wanna know more, read here. Edit: I clarified it better on Magikarp's profile, hope that helps

In game, it means that opponents are occasionally unable to attack due to sheer terror. David would still be able to attack, but sometimes he'd find himself unable to.

David because he survived getting hit by a car.

Also because Magikarp is pretty much completely useless.

Did any of you see that he also got hit by a Bus calculation I did? He has higher AP and Durabilty than Magikarp.

Camp Camp is having AP and dura of 329,614.514 Joules according to here.

Standard 9-B Magikarp (without further specification) is put at 98000 joules by here.

How good is Max at swimming? Else Magikarp is winning - not by AP against Max, but by destroying/flipping the boat Max is on. aka drowning or BFR by physical attack

Wait I forgot, how is David vs Magikarp not a stomp again?

Because isn't it now that David can't attack Magikarp at all because of passive fear manipulation?

The fear manipulation thing... is a PMD thing so can it be restricted in this fight?

Uh... no? I'm pretty sure some of the main people who run the pokemon profiles said it's a thing that the pokemon should have. I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure it was something it should have by default and removing that ability seems.. I dunno like picking an choosing.

GreyFang82 said:
Wait I forgot, how is David vs Magikarp not a stomp again?

Because isn't it now that David can't attack Magikarp at all because of passive fear manipulation?
Ok this is the case if fear manipulation is not barred:

GyroNutz said:
In game, it means that opponents are occasionally unable to attack due to sheer terror. David would still be able to attack, but sometimes he'd find himself unable to.

Ok then, I just guess this is super decisive because Magikarp has the area advantage (of being in a pond with david in a boat), is twice as fast as david, and David is pretty often not going to hit or is too scared to attack.

While the only thing David has is... AP and Durability.

Magikarp: 6 (GyroNutz, ABoogieYesSir, Jackythejack, Jasonsith, TheRavenPirate, Jimboydejuan12)

Inconclusive: 0

Magikarp: 7 (GyroNutz, ABoogieYesSir, Jackythejack, Jasonsith, TheRavenPirate, Jimboydejuan12, TheArsenal1212)

Inconclusive: 0

Grace starts.

Back