• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

(Grace) Hitoshi Shinsou vs Caterpie

KingEzran

He/Him
Rise of Villains Shinsou is used. Let's get into the details of this versus thread.

-Speed Equalized

-Both in Character

-Range: 3.5 meters

-Win via KO

Votes:

Hitoshi Shinsou: 1

Caterpie: 9

Inconclusive: 1

Shinsou is just 8-C for being stronger than his 9-A+ self. And Caterpie scales to 0.62 tons. So assuming Shinsou is baseline, Caterpie has a 2.48x advantage.

Jinx666 said:
Errrr
Depends if Caterpie saying its name would let Shinsou brainwash it
That would let Shinsou brainwash him. It's like if he were to use his quirk on someone speaking in French. Different language, but the quirk works all the same.

That would let Shinsou brainwash him. It's like if he were to use his quirk on someone speaking in French. Different language, but the quirk works all the same.

Does Caterpie always speaks in its name? And is "Caterpie" the name of the species? Would Hitoshi be able to brainwash a random wild animal with no legally registered name?

I wouldn't know, Shinsou hasn't shown it working on things like animals. He might be seeing as the animals still have a mind that can be controlled, but animals can't really respond vocally to him in the same way as a human, i'd imagine there needs to be a mutual understanding to it. I dont think they need their own specific name to be brainwashed though, im just thinking if it would be any different on something that isn't human.

Wait. A normal fully grown level 100 wild Caterpie uses tackle or string shot. Both not requiring speaking out anything.

Caterpie used tackle. Hitoshi Shinsou fainted. Caterpie wins for my reason.

I mean...going off the anime, a Caterpie would usually say its name using a move, but its only whether its a direct response to what Shinsou is saying

I think pokemon can understand humans but humans cant linguistically understand pokemon? Either way, i'd think this is inconclusive tbh based on how its a bit hard to speculate if Shinsou could use his quirk

Back