• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

(GRACE) Ditto Among Us

Voting Impostor, I haven't seen evidence that suggests Ditto will get the gun, which is Impostor's biggest advantage.
Right, I concur. It can copy obvious items, but not hidden ones like held items. Since the gun isn't always visible, I don't think it'll copy it.

I mean would the gun kill ditto? They seem to be at close range as well pulling out a gun isn't the best strategy in this situation plus unless I am mistaken they keep I.Q skills while transformed. I say that the crewmates win.

I mean would the gun kill ditto? They seem to be at close range as well pulling out a gun isn't the best strategy in this situation plus unless I am mistaken they keep I.Q skills while transformed. I say that the crewmates win.
Yes, because Ditto copies the Imposter's durability.
I don't see how a handgun would be ineffective at close range.
In addition, Ditto's IQ is a disadvantage here.

I'll stay at inconclusive. There's 1/2 chance that impostor would use standard equipment to try kill ditto. And looking how impostor is having another new kill animation in airship trailer, the chances are likely would be lesser.

I'll stay at inconclusive. There's 1/2 chance that impostor would use standard equipment to try kill ditto. And looking how impostor is having another new kill animation in airship trailer, the chances are likely would be lesser.
And why would Impostor not have a reason to use his equipment to attack Ditto when Ditto doesn't even have his equipment? Just because he doesn't use it much is the result of game mechanics that the kills are randomized.

And why would Impostor not have a reason to use his equipment to attack Ditto when Ditto doesn't even have his equipment? Just because he doesn't use it much is the result of game mechanics that the kills are randomized.
Because why would impostor have a reason to use his equipment to attack Ditto? He can as much try to use his tongue or hands instead of knife and gun especially since he doesn't have an information about Ditto to assume: "I can kill him with a gun, because he doesn't have a gun".

And so what if the Imposter does go for his tongue or hands first? If those are enough to kill, the Imposter should edge out due to his superior intelligence, and if it's not enough to kill, then he'd switch to the gun.

If he starts with hands or tongue ditto can pretty much repeat the movements and impostor likely(given the fact that they're in close distance) wouldn't already have a time for a weapon switch.
While if he would start with gun it would end on his favor.

If he starts with hands or tongue ditto can pretty much repeat the movements and impostor likely(given the fact that they're in close distance) wouldn't already have a time for a weapon switch.
While if he would start with gun it would end on his favor.
I'm confused on how this skews it in Ditto's favor. If the hands or tongue kill, then the Imposter should more often than not land the first hit due to superior intelligence, Ditto copying him after wouldn't help if he's already dead.

If it doesn't kill, then neither of them hurt eachother, and the round can then proceed to the Imposter utilizing its pistol. That is to say, the physical scenario is probably inconclusive, but possibly in the Imposter's favor, while almost never in Ditto's favor, while the gun scenario is definitely in Imposter's favor. To me, that sounds like a 75% favor for Imposter, not 50%.

Well, first of all, his superior intelligence doesn't much change something, at least because it stands not for combat but just to staff he knows (at least what profile says).

Second of all gun scenario at this moment is 1/4 likely while the other scenarios requiring physical contact would more likely go for inconclusive. True, none of that scenarios goes to Ditto's favor, however for me it more looks like there's more chances for inconclusive scenarios rather than gun victory scenario for impostor.

Well, first of all, his superior intelligence doesn't much change something, at least because it stands not for combat but just to staff he knows (at least what profile says).

Second of all gun scenario at this moment is 1/4 likely while the other scenarios requiring physical contact would more likely go for inconclusive. True, none of that scenarios goes to Ditto's favor, however for me it more looks like there's more chances for inconclusive scenarios rather than gun victory scenario for impostor.
You're assuming that once the Imposter picks something, they can't change their mind. If all the physicals are inconclusive, then they'll eventually get to the gun which is in the Imposter's favor.

You're assuming that once the Imposter picks something, they can't change their mind. If all the physicals are inconclusive, then they'll eventually get to the gun which is in the Imposter's favor.
That's possible. However, he can't change to the gun in the middle of physical fight right?

That's possible. However, he can't change to the gun in the middle of physical fight right?
It's not an assault rifle, it's a handgun. He can definitely switch to it in the middle of a fight.

Why wouldn't Ditto be able to copy the Imposter's gun? It has copied held items before like Cubone's bone and the leak that Farfeched uses. I am voting incon.

Why wouldn't Ditto be able to copy the Imposter's gun? It has copied held items before like Cubone's bone and the leak that Farfeched uses. I am voting incon.
Those are both items that they always hold, and are visible. Ditto does not copy items that are hidden, such as held items.

It's also worth noting that both the leek and bone are actual, holdable items that when held by a Farfetch'd or Cubone are NOT copied when Ditto transforms.

Good to see The Impostor finally getting some wins.
I'm inclined to agree, although I'd say it feels a bit bittersweet.
As I write this, The Impostor's profile has 1 victory & 4 losses.

DITTO has 3 Inconclusives, 1 single victory, & TEN losses. That singular victory? Against Thanos Simonatti, a mundane, Real World dinosaur, presumably because that was one of the few things it could outskill/outsmart.

Ditto is almost always a less skilled version of its opponent, & many of its individual elements are often irrelevant because they're not easily quantified (Ditto's own Stamina.), not likely to come up (It reverting if made to laugh.), not applicable to its species (the powders.), or not applicable to that version of Ditto, like I.Q. Skills.

But yeah. Another victory for The Impostor. Some are better than none, & with how rare they seem for it, congratulations to it, I guess!
It's nice to see a match debate thread conclude.

Back