• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Goten and Trunks should be upgraded.

I'm going to post translations from the manga by Herms from Kanzenshuu.

http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=15488

First off.According to the Daizenshuu, Goten is every bit as powerful as Gohan was during the Buu Saga (prior to Gohan's power-up through Rou Kaioushin).

From Daizenshuu 2:

A gifted child who mastered Super Saiyan at a young age. By virtue of being Goku's son, Goten possesses a battle power not the least bit inferior to even Goha. On top of being able to unleash a startling amount of power in even his normal state, he can easily transform into a Super Saiyan. Furthermore, he merges with Trunks through a technique known as Fusion.

Additionally, Gohan's dialogue about the boys, after his first sparring match with Goten, proves that he believes they could overtake him quickly at the rate they're going.

Goten: "But you really are amazing, big brother! I couldn't even hit you once."

Gohan: "You're very gifted at grappling too, Goten! You really surprised me! I hadn't known you were that good! If you train well, maybe you'll be able to enter the Tenkaichi Budoukai too!"

Goten: "Really!? But Trunks is even stronger than me. We play-fight together!"

Gohan: "Really!? That's how you guys have been playing?...thinking If I'm not careful, I'll be outstripped…by these little squirts…"

Then, take into account Trunks and Vegeta's little skirmish. Vegeta has Trunks attack him to test out his speed and strength, promising to take him to an amusement park after should he land a blow.

[1] [2]

As you can see, even as a Super Saiya-jin, Vegeta is clearly having a difficult time in blocking and evading Trunks' blows, especially given his expression on the first panel of the second page. This would suggest that Trunks wasn't far off from his father at all strength wise. Additionally, despite being a reactionary blow out of anger, Vegeta's punch on Trunks only managed to give him a bloody nose that he managed to bounce back from rather easily, which again suggests not much of a gap strength wise.

Lastly, there's Trunks and Goten's performance against #18 in the Budoukai as they masqueraded as Mighty Mask. A weakened, intentionally held back ki blast from Trunks, after #18 had identified that she knew who they were, was still powerful enough to cause her to panic over how overwhelmingly powerful the blast was.

Trunks: "Either way, we're at a disadvantage in this getup, so we've got no choice but to settle this with a kiai cannon!"

Goten: "Eh! But will she be alright?..."

Trunks: "Don't worry, she won't die if we do it appropriately. She's No.18…"

No.18: "…I see…Super Saiyan, huh?...I finally know your identity, boys…"

Goten: "Don't do it at full force!"

Trunks: "I know, I know!"

No.18: "Yo-you've got to be kidding…That energy bullet had absolutely incredible speed and destructive power…Co-could it be that those squirts have outrageous power?…This is dangerous! I've got to settle this fight soon!"

To end the fight quickly, she resorted to firing a ki-enzan at them to slice the suit in half, which suggests in turn that it, a technique that could have killed the boys if they didn't happen to move just the right way, was her only means of ending the fight.

And most imprtantly.When Majin Vegeta died,Piccolo states that Goten and Trunks are there only hope,implying that the kids are above him.

Chapter: 468 (DBZ 274), P12.7

Piccolo: "These two are our only hope…! Th-though it's a faint hope…"

Note: this is before Fusion is mentioned

So should Goten and Trunks be upgraded to Large Star Level ? or at least Star Level ?.They are above Piccolo after all.

LordAizenSama said:
Personally I think they are fine where they are.
Agreed. Anyways, when Gotenks defused inside Buu, his dominant outfit changed to Piccolo's, as he was the strongest component, even after Goten and Trunks trained.

Promestein said:
LordAizenSama said:
Personally I think they are fine where they are.
Agreed. Anyways, when Gotenks defused inside Buu, his dominant outfit changed to Piccolo's, as he was the strongest component, even after Goten and Trunks trained.
And when they were released,Goten and Trunks was shown to be in their base form.

MKJ 6 18 01 said:
And when they were released,Goten and Trunks was shown to be in their base form.
That doesn't mean anything. He clearly draws upon the full extent of any absorbed party's power, otherwise his power would have dropped much sooner, when Gotenks would have went from SSJ3 to Base.

Promestein said:
MKJ 6 18 01 said:
That doesn't mean anything. He clearly draws upon the full extent of any absorbed party's power, otherwise his power would have dropped much sooner, when Gotenks would have went from SSJ3 to Base.
That sounds like a speculation rather than a fact.It was never stated or shown that Boo draws upon the full extent of the power of the person he absorbes.

MKJ 6 18 01 said:
That sounds like a speculation rather than a fact.It was never stated or shown that Boo draws upon the full extent of the power of the person he absorbes.
That's the only way it makes sense.

Otherwise, Gotenks would have powered down to base, Buu would have gotten weaker, and even a weakened Ultimate Gohan would have casually wiped the floor with him.

Promestein said:
MKJ 6 18 01 said:
That's the only way it makes sense.

Otherwise, Gotenks would have powered down to base, Buu would have gotten weaker, and even a weakened Ultimate Gohan would have casually wiped the floor with him.
Eh ? You probably never saw the manga.In the manga SSj3 Goku never fought Super Boo and Boo returns straight to Boocollo.And Goku states that Gohan can beat him easily now.And why would it even matter ? We don't even know if how long did Gotenks stay in Base before going back to normal.It could be in seconds or so.And Base Gotenks could be weaker than Piccolo.

TheMightyRegulator said:
. If Boo didn't draw out their greatest potential he wouldn't have been so dangerous.
What do you mean ? Gotenks was SSj3 and Gohan was Ultimate when Boo abosrbed them.

Gotenks in SSJ3 Form takes up too much power, iirc it was a time limit of 5 minutes, so the transformation would of worn off inside Buu

Back