• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Goon (Dying Light) vs William Afton

• Speed is equalized
  • Both are 9-B, William is in his first key
  • Both are 10 meters apart, in a suburban city
  • Both are in-character

will: 1 (Peppersalt43)

(Cant find a decent goon render so just pretend theres one here)
Street_Fighter_VS_logo.png
q9uestsp5vx51.png

Last edited:
I'm not well-versed in either one of these characters, and thus, won't vote until everyone else votes and makes their arguments... But to start things off, I'll ask the following questions:

What is the AP of Goon and William?
&
What is the starting distance and do they start off within their line of sight - it seems Goon has a decent grasp of weapon-wielding and William doesn't have any martial arts or weapon on hand but his stealth mastery might help him stay alive and out of harm's way until he can bash Goon's head open especially cuz this takes place in a suburban city.

I'm not well-versed in either one of these characters, and thus, won't vote until everyone else votes and makes their arguments... But to start things off, I'll ask the following questions:

What is the AP of Goon and William?
&
What is the starting distance and do they start off within their line of sight - it seems Goon has a decent grasp of weapon-wielding and William doesn't have any martial arts or weapon on hand but his stealth mastery might help him stay alive and out of harm's way until he can bash Goon's head open especially cuz this takes place in a suburban city.
They both scale to pretty much the same feat of crushing skulls.

The goon's just a slow-moving zombie, it's hard to say it has any skill.
It does have shockwaves on its attacks though which boosts its range to several meters.

Both AP justification isn't really do a good job… Especially when there are a thread caling out FNAF 9-B rating but i will ignore it for now.
William is decently good at killing people but his experience with murdering might not applied to a zombie. William has stealth mastery so he could at least take advantage of it.

Goon, on the other hand, is just a zombie with big hammer. All it does are swinging the hammer around or knocking people off balance. I don't know why we give Weapon Mastery for it when anybody could done the same thing.

The shockwave isn't that good actually, Crane manage to avoid it by moving 2-3 meters away.

For someone who's not a parkour master like Kyle Crane that's a lot to ask on short notice.
Kyle is parkour master, sure, but it doesn't take that much to avoid Goon's shockwave.

Even if Goon manage to knock William off balance then he could just get up and sneak away.

That being said, Willaim would have a hard time to take the zombie down because he is no martial artist or anything.

I'm not voting for either of them yet.

Oh right forgot about AP;

goon seems to be baseline, as i cant find any calcs.

William is 26 kilojoules from basically one-shotting the fnaf 1 animatronics, who's durability scales to springtrap.

William has a 1.77x~ AP advantage.

it was a correction to his AP. William still has an AP advantage, nothing much else to say.
Well then I'll address some previous points

One of Goon's attacks is feint where it will randomly pretend to be vulnerable before immediately smashing its opponent when attacked. Even if Afton somehow sneaks away, it won't just take it
Even if Goon manage to knock William off balance then he could just get up and sneak away.
Hard to do that when he's still in that thing's line of sight. In fact being knocked down against an enemy with shockwaves is pretty dangerous as he won't be able to efficiently get away

Well then I'll address some previous points

One of Goon's attacks is feint where it will randomly pretend to be vulnerable before immediately smashing its opponent when attacked. Even if Afton somehow sneaks away, it won't just take it

Hard to do that when he's still in that thing's line of sight. In fact being knocked down against an enemy with shockwaves is pretty dangerous as he won't be able to efficiently get away
The Goon has display some degree of intelligence but that's all. Doesn't change the fact that the shockwave only reach 1-2 meters at best.

Of course, i won't say William would expect the zombie faking or he can dodge all the time. Their AP isn’t too far off so he could at least take a hit or two.

The Goon has display some degree of intelligence but that's all. Doesn't change the fact that the shockwave only reach 1-2 meters at best.

Of course, i won't say William would expect the zombie faking or he can dodge all the time. Their AP isn’t too far off so he could at least take a hit or two.
Can Afton dodge it at all?
Has he even shown any fighting competency like that?

Also, won't speed be equalized to as slow as the goon? I don't think they can move fast enough to dodge that.

Can Afton dodge it at all?
Has he even shown any fighting competency like that?

Also, won't speed be equalized to as slow as the goon? I don't think they can move fast enough to dodge that.
William ain’t dodging Goon's attack all the time. The guy is hardly a fighter, the only thing he's good at are murdering kids.

With speed equalized, William would have difficulty dodging Goon. However, he does managed to outran the animatronics so it's possible for him to dodge it.

Now looking back at their profile, shouldn't William has some kind of tools he used in murdering? Punching a bulky zombie with barehand would obviously put him at disadvantage.

Now looking back at their profile, shouldn't William has some kind of tools he used in murdering? Punching a bulky zombie with barehand would obviously put him at disadvantage.
i mean, william has a solid LS and has an AP advantage I'm not sure that would be a disadvantage, and even if he did use something I'm not sure why he would since he can casually rip apart steel robots with his bare hands.

i mean, william has a solid LS and has an AP advantage I'm not sure that would be a disadvantage, and even if he did use something I'm not sure why he would since he can casually rip apart steel robots with his bare hands.
Yeah, that is a solid advantage for him, but remember that he would need to get close to the Goon giving it a chance to knock him down.

Also, Goon's bulky body and being a undead won't make it easy for William.

Yeah, that is a solid advantage for him, but remember that he would need to get close to the Goon giving it a chance to knock him down.

Also, Goon's bulky body and being a undead won't make it easy for William.
and thats all negated by william...

being... william? the only time we've seen him fight is hiding and sneak attacks, and the one attack we've seen from him is dismantling (or, in funky terms, grabbing.)

if we're going starting moves, William isn't fighting face to face with the goon, he's booking it and sneak attacking them, which basically ends the fight due to his LS + AP advantage. he isn't going to give the goon a chance to counterattack any of his options because in character he's simply not gonna go head to head with someone, which vs someone who's intelligence is animalistic, that's not good for them.

and thats all negated by william...

being... william? the only time we've seen him fight is hiding and sneak attacks, and the one attack we've seen from him is dismantling (or, in funky terms, grabbing.)

if we're going starting moves, William isn't fighting face to face with the goon, he's booking it and sneak attacking them, which basically ends the fight due to his LS + AP advantage. he isn't going to give the goon a chance to counterattack any of his options because in character he's simply not gonna go head to head with someone, which vs someone who's intelligence is animalistic, that's not good for them.
Yeah, William is kind of a Goon himself.

Back