• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Goomba Vs Grounder (Game Version)

I recall there being talk of plans for Mario fodder revisions in the Mario General Discussion Thread. Anyone know if those revisions have been implemented yet? Some of them may impact how this goes.
I think someone had a blog with planned versions of the profiles.
For now, I'll wait for more input on this Versus Thread, though there's probably a few options for both sides to consider.

Incidentally, for Mario enemies, they get all their stuff from all their sources? Ex: A Goomba has its stuff from Super Mario RPG as well as PM:TTYD?

The Goomba has no equipment.
Is that a modification to the match conditions, since the Goomba has no Standard Equipment, but does have Optional Equipment @Supergamer100x? If so, it may be worthwhile to edit the conditions in the opening post.
Nonetheless, the games -among possibly others, IIRC- I mentioned don't provide exclusively equipment. Some of them provide abilities, as opposed to equipment.

Last edited:
As the profiles are right now, mid regen means Grounder can't do any permanent damage to Goomba, and is fated to lose eventually in a battle of attrition.

Never heard of Regen being a stomp, since I've seen/read Regen characters still getting knocked out in stories (Deadpool).

It'll be a tier stomp when Goomba's profile changes, so I'm leaving my vote for the way the profile is now.

Back